Spyder Garage

Default 9 Dead after Shootout in Waco between the Bandidos and the Cossacks

WACO - Police have confirmed nine motorcycle gang members are dead as a result of a shooting between rival biker gangs in the parking lot outside Twin Peaks located in the Central Texas Marketplace in Waco.

Police on scene confirm the shooting started about 12:15 p.m. Sunday afternoon and involved at least two biker gangs. The shooting reportedly started after an argument inside Twin Peaks escalated to the parking lot. Police say restaurant management had been aware that the gangs frequented their restaurant.

There were nine fatalities and multiple injuries reported, but no word yet on the exact number of those injured or their condition. A witness on scene said she saw at least two bodies under sheets.
    http://www.kxxv.com/story/29085892/p...-at-restaurant
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

UPDATE, 5:00 p.m.: Officials are hearing reports and seeing evidence of many biker gang members coming into town from throughout the state. In response, police are moving some witnesses to a secure location, said Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton.http://www.wacotrib.com/news/police/...ef08a2a87.html
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

That is our country today - a culture of violence. And who pays the first responders, doctors & nurses to sew the survivors back together so they can go spread more violence next week? I'm getting so sick of all this I can hardly think straight.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 9 Dead after Shootout in Waco between the Bandidos and the Cossacks

I live in Waco and am so thankful that innocent patrons and officers weren't hurt. Thank goodness for Waco PD and their presence. Praying for all involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cnl414; 05-17-2015 at 07:47 PM.

Spyder Garage

Olivia Messer @OliviaMesser Swanton said some of the five gangs believed to be involved now were allied with one another today #TwinPeaksShooting
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Just to point out how things have changed.

This shooting is no doubt a tragedy, but it hardly made any waves in the National Media.

By contrast, one of the most widely remembered gang killings of the 20th century, the St Valentine's Massacre, only killed 7.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't mean to sound callous ...

...But if they're shooting each other; they've left the rest of us alone.
    These are clearly not, the pillars of the Community.

Sorry...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I don't mean to sound callous ...

...But if they're shooting each other; they've left the rest of us alone.
    These are clearly not, the pillars of the Community.

Sorry...
    No need to be sorry, you are right, but like recent violence outbreaks all over the country, it could spill over. I pray that it doesn't
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Just to point out how things have changed.

This shooting is no doubt a tragedy, but it hardly made any waves in the National Media.

By contrast, one of the most widely remembered gang killings of the 20th century, the St Valentine's Massacre, only killed 7.
    2 Timothy 3
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Sad news..!!

Truly sad...saw enough when I lived in Texas with the Hells Angels and the Bandidos but it has been getting worse all along...hope they can put a lid on it before it boils over...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Sure hope it doesn't spill over into the upcoming ROT.

Spyder Garage

It took looking a 6 reports and Spyderlovers to find out which Gangs were involved.
    The 6 reports all failed! LOL

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    WACO - Police have confirmed nine motorcycle gang members are dead as a result of a shooting between rival biker gangs in the parking lot outside Twin Peaks located in the Central Texas Marketplace in Waco.

Police on scene confirm the shooting started about 12:15 p.m. Sunday afternoon and involved at least two biker gangs. The shooting reportedly started after an argument inside Twin Peaks escalated to the parking lot. Police say restaurant management had been aware that the gangs frequented their restaurant.

There were nine fatalities and multiple injuries reported, but no word yet on the exact number of those injured or their condition. A witness on scene said she saw at least two bodies under sheets.
    http://www.kxxv.com/story/29085892/p...-at-restaurant

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinLV View Post
    It took looking a 6 reports and Spyderlovers to find out which Gangs were involved.
    The 6 reports all failed! LOL

AJ
    I don't know much about the Cossacks but I have quite a bit of 1st hand knowledge regarding the Bandidos. There were only two gangs involved with the other three or more in the tribute gang category most likely. When you see a M/C patch with red/gold in Texas, you had better believe if it doesn't say Bandidos it is one of their subordinate clubs. The Rico Act brought the Bandidos under a lot of government scrutiny for criminal activity so the Bandido M/C has spun off with a BUNCH of tribute clubs seeded by hard core Bandidos to keep the govt guessing on activity and structure. One of the biggest M/C clubs in texas wearing colors is the Gypsies who are a tribute club but have many ordinary citizens as members. Bandidos don't generally hold rallies but Gypsies do. They reserve a cordoned off area of the rally with guards for the Bandidos who attend. When the Bandidos put out a war call, tribute 1 percenter clubs are bound to answer the call. If you ride in Texas, best not wear a patch on the back of your vest with the word Texas under the patch as the Bandidos are very territorial and consider Texas to be their territory.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
    I don't know much about the Cossacks but I have quite a bit of 1st hand knowledge regarding the Bandidos. There were only two gangs involved with the other three or more in the tribute gang category most likely. When you see a M/C patch with red/gold in Texas, you had better believe if it doesn't say Bandidos it is one of their subordinate clubs. The Rico Act brought the Bandidos under a lot of government scrutiny for criminal activity so the Bandido M/C has spun off with a BUNCH of tribute clubs seeded by hard core Bandidos to keep the govt guessing on activity and structure. One of the biggest M/C clubs in texas wearing colors is the Gypsies who are a tribute club but have many ordinary citizens as members. Bandidos don't generally hold rallies but Gypsies do. They reserve a cordoned off area of the rally with guards for the Bandidos who attend. When the Bandidos put out a war call, tribute 1 percenter clubs are bound to answer the call. If you ride in Texas, best not wear a patch on the back of your vest with the word Texas under the patch as the Bandidos are very territorial and consider Texas to be their territory.
    This is the reason we ask people coming to our home during Gatherin of the Spyders to not wear a patch of any kind......we live in the heart of Banditos.....Gypsies.....and as stated many other smaller clubs....Banditos own Galveston....never wear a patch to Galveston...just safer......this weekend is Gatherin of the Spyders....if you are coming....please leave patches at hotel....do not wear them to Galveston or anywhere around here....let's be responsible and safe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

the deaths were a blessing not a tragedy, 9 less people to cause trouble

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    This is the reason we ask people coming to our home during Gatherin of the Spyders to not wear a patch of any kind......we live in the heart of Banditos.....Gypsies.....and as stated many other smaller clubs....Banditos own Galveston....never wear a patch to Galveston...just safer......this weekend is Gatherin of the Spyders....if you are coming....please leave patches at hotel....do not wear them to Galveston or anywhere around here....let's be responsible and safe

Didn't know about the event this weekend. Where are events of this sort posted? By the way, I live in NE Medina County and my road is very very rural. On my road are seven houses and four of them are Bandido. When I first moved in, I stopped and introduced myself and showed them my colors (CMA). The CMA is generally ignored by the 1 percenters and in fact since we give out cold drinks and baby sit at many Gypsy rallies, we are somewhat appreciated. On a warm summer evening, there may be 30-50 Bandido bikes parked up by one of the houses at the top of the hill so I avoid wearing CMA colors. The neighbors tend to be very quiet and when they gather in a big group, you don't even know they are there. Also, daytime burglers don't much come down our road.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by medict View Post
    Sure hope it doesn't spill over into the upcoming ROT.
    Don't think that's going to happen...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It is being covered on Fox News. It looks like 5 gangs met at the Twin Peaks restaurant to discuss turf and a disagreement occurred over a parking space! Nine dead and over 100 arrested for involvement in a criminal activity (RICO). The police are really pushing a narrative that he restaurant was a known hang-out for the gangs and that the restaurant is being less than cooperative. The restaurant says they've been helping the police. Someone also said they police knew about some of the criminal gang activity going on at the restaurant. I've never hear of the place, but apparently Twin Peaks is a franchise.

This brings up several questions and it will be interesting to see how all this plays out.

1. If the police knew of the criminal activity, why didn't they act on it before this tragedy occurred? (I say tragedy because 9 people lost their lives, even if they were "bad" guys, and lot's of innocent bystanders were put at risk.) If the charges are about RICO, why did it take a shoot-out to decide to act on the charges?
    2. How can a restaurant deny service to anyone if they don't see criminal activity going on?
    3. I wonder if the police statements about the restaurant being uncooperative is to set the stage for criminal forfeiture.
    4. If the restaurant doesn't get caught up in the criminal charges, will they keep their franchise license? Or even their liquor license?
    5. If the restaurant stays in business there, would you patronize it?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    It is being covered on Fox News. It looks like 5 gangs met at the Twin Peaks restaurant to discuss turf and a disagreement occurred over a parking space! Nine dead and over 100 arrested for involvement in a criminal activity (RICO). The police are really pushing a narrative that he restaurant was a known hang-out for the gangs and that the restaurant is being less than cooperative. The restaurant says they've been helping the police. Someone also said they police knew about some of the criminal gang activity going on at the restaurant. I've never hear of the place, but apparently Twin Peaks is a franchise.

This brings up several questions and it will be interesting to see how all this plays out.

1. If the police knew of the criminal activity, why didn't they act on it before this tragedy occurred? (I say tragedy because 9 people lost their lives, even if they were "bad" guys, and lot's of innocent bystanders were put at risk.) If the charges are about RICO, why did it take a shoot-out to decide to act on the charges?
    2. How can a restaurant deny service to anyone if they don't see criminal activity going on?
    3. I wonder if the police statements about the restaurant being uncooperative is to set the stage for criminal forfeiture.
    4. If the restaurant doesn't get caught up in the criminal charges, will they keep their franchise license? Or even their liquor license?
    5. If the restaurant stays in business there, would you patronize it?
    All good points Patti. I am not going to that particular restaurant. I need to park in close and don't want to get into a tussle over that issue.

SIDEBAR: At our last Thursday club ride there were over 20 of us patronizing a local restaurant. They knew we were coming, had special tables set and treated everyone with respect. Some wear the traditional biker garb. It will be interesting to see how this works out this Thursday--after all the newsplay about Waco. We will be at a different location.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-18-2015 at 11:57 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

twin peaks is somewhat of a "hooters" type place. now i get where the name came from!! from what i heard this morning, twin peaks corporate is considering pulling the waco twin peaks franchise. that would answer a couple of your questions patty!!
    Last edited by spydaman60; 05-18-2015 at 11:38 AM.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

TABC...Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission has pulled the liquor for 7 days....letting things cool down....bad deal....it will trickle down and affect others.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post

SIDEBAR: At our last Thursday club ride there were over 20 of us patronizing a local restaurant. They knew we were coming, had special tables set and treated everyone with respect. Some wear the traditional biker garb. It will be interesting to see how this works out this Thursday--after all the newsplay about Waco. We will be at a different location.
    IMHO, I doubt 20 spyder riders would elicit the fear/response as one bandido character.

I do understand though, that there may be some whose perception of all riders is slanted. I myself had a slanted view of a patient I had to work with in a hospital rehab unit, in physical therapy this weekend. His chart had a diagnosis of GSW (gun shot wound). So, I automatically formed a picture in my mind of what he looked like, and the problem I was going to have, based on the area he was from. I was wrong.
    Last edited by wyliec; 05-18-2015 at 05:05 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wylie,
    Is that profiling?!?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    IMHO, I doubt 20 spyder riders would elicit the fear/response as one bandido character.

I do understand though, that there may be some whose perception of all riders is slanted. I myself had a slanted view of a patient I had to work with in a hospital rehab unit, in physical therapy this weekend. His chart had a diagnosis of GSW (gun shot wound). So, I automatically formed a picture in my mind of what he looked like, and the problem I was going to have, based on the area he was from. I was wrong.
    Clarification: Out of the above group--there were three Spyders. The rest were other brands--including about 5 HD's.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Would this solve some of problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy