Spyder Garage

Default This is what Motorcycle Mall did for me ...

A quick summary...I am the one whose local dealership told me to basically go screw myself if I bought from another dealer...so I did. I bought from Moses at Motorcycle Mall in NJ. Living in VA I bought this basically sight unseen.

Here is the story...I recently received my BEST warranty information in the mail. It had my warranty expiring in October 2017 which is six months sooner than what Moses had informed me my warranty would run through. Since I bought the bike in March it should've run through March 2018. I emailed motorcycle mall and informed them of the issue. To make a long story short I received an email from the general manager stating that they purchased the bike as a demo and the warranty goes into effect immediately regardless of when they sell the bike. He apologized profusely as they did not inform me correctly and then notified me that they have purchased me an additional warranty effective through October 2019. In effect I get four and a half years now instead of three. I can't be more pleased than what I am at this point! Motorcycle mall certainly has made me one happy customer...and I have never set foot in the dealership! Way to go guys!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good to hear stories like this. Some really go above and beyond.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That was good service. Thanks for sharing that story about a good dealer!

Spyder Garage

Default HORRIBLE

if find some of these stories to be HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE....
    I have dealt with
    POWERSPORTS of GREENVILLE, here in Greenville, SC for years, and i have NEVER been treated by anyone there with anything less than total consideration... the service manager, Bridget, jumps thru burning hoops to keep her customers smiling... and the sales manager, Mike, will do most anything to make sure you are smiling when you leave... i strongly recommend that when spending many thousands of dollar$ on your toys, to find people and dealers that care as much about your toys as you do....
    jmho
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R F3-S

Spyder Garage

It is good to hear about dealers going out of their way to work with customers and solve issues that come up. Those that don't...

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Good stuff. A great dealer is worth their weight in gold. Trust me I know.

Spyder Garage

Nice to know that some dealers get it. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear..!!

They go on the plus side. You have a winner there hang on to them... now ryde easy knowing your covered...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default There are more of the good ones than the "others"

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    They go on the plus side. You have a winner there hang on to them... now ryde easy knowing your covered...
    I was on my first vacation last July with my new 2014 RT-S, and somewhere in Nova Scotia in a driving rain storm, one of the lower side panels flew off on the interstate...... I never saw it.... but my brother riding his trike behind me did. Got to the gas station and he pointed to the "naked" section on my ride. On my way home, I stopped at my dealer: Middleton Cycles (OH) and expected to have to purchase a new panel.. which later I came to find out was more than a little "pricey." But Aaron went into his showroom, pulled off a matching panel from a floor model, popped it on my ride and that was the end of it!

The entire staff, service dept., parts dept. sales and all are great! After riding 2 wheels for almost 40 yrs, it's great to find a dealer that really "gets it" when it comes to customer service.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Impressive Dealer

Thank you for sharing such a positive experience with the SL community. I really don't understand why a dealer would have a problem with you buying from another dealer. It would seem like they would be paid by BRP for any warranty work that they have to do. Also, they are closer to you and more likely to sell and install any accessories that you may buy. Could a dealer or two chime in and explain their viewpoint to the SL community ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What puzzles me is that you can not find anyone that recommends RideNow, which has a number of stores in the West. Do these principles have so much money that they don't need to worry about making a profit or customer service. People here tell me that they take their bike to Portland, OR. which is 4 hours away.

Truly sad.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I DON'T THINK SO

Quote Originally Posted by gparr View Post
    A quick summary...I am the one whose local dealership told me to basically go screw myself if I bought from another dealer...so I did. I bought from Moses at Motorcycle Mall in NJ. Living in VA I bought this basically sight unseen.

Here is the story...I recently received my BEST warranty information in the mail. It had my warranty expiring in October 2017 which is six months sooner than what Moses had informed me my warranty would run through. Since I bought the bike in March it should've run through March 2018. I emailed motorcycle mall and informed them of the issue. To make a long story short I received an email from the general manager stating that they purchased the bike as a demo and the warranty goes into effect immediately regardless of when they sell the bike. He apologized profusely as they did not inform me correctly and then notified me that they have purchased me an additional warranty effective through October 2019. In effect I get four and a half years now instead of three. I can't be more pleased than what I am at this point! Motorcycle mall certainly has made me one happy customer...and I have never set foot in the dealership! Way to go guys!!!
    ....As a general rule Dealer Demo Bikes , Cars , Trucks , etc. are driven with Dealer plates ......these vehicles are not REGISTERED ......The warranties on all these vehicles begins when they are SOLD and then REGISTERED. I doubt very highly your Spyder was purchased as a DEMO....The salesman just put a dealer plate on it so it could be driven, apparently not by you.......I am very glad you got the extra warranty extension......But what you were told IMHO was Hooey.................Mike

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had the same problem with my dealer in Pennsylvania. I bought a Demo 2012 RT in November 2012, when it was November 2014 I thought it would be a good time to buy the extended warranty (I had moved to Las Vegas). When the guy here looked it up he said my warranty ran out in August because of when it was put out as a Demo unit. I called the dealer in Pa and he said "If we only had a time machine". Luckily the dealer here ( Proshop Motorsports in Henderson, NV) was able to talk to their contact at BRP and I was able to buy the warranty.Kudos to the good dealers out there!
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Was the local dealership CCC on J. Clyde? I've had a lot of ups and downs with them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that you found a dealer who cares...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ....As a general rule Dealer Demo Bikes , Cars , Trucks , etc. are driven with Dealer plates ......these vehicles are not REGISTERED ......The warranties on all these vehicles begins when they are SOLD and then REGISTERED. I doubt very highly your Spyder was purchased as a DEMO....The salesman just put a dealer plate on it so it could be driven, apparently not by you.......I am very glad you got the extra warranty extension......But what you were told IMHO was Hooey.................Mike
    Mike, apparently BRP doesn't agree with you. If there is anybody out there who is waiting until the end of their factory warranty to purchase the extended policy they should double check with their dealer to find out the expiration date. Since the OP had BEST coverage he found out when the card came in the mail but Highwayman didn't find out until after his had expired.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

When we bought my wife's STL last year it was used as a Rep's Demo. We got a full 5 years warranty from the date we picked it up when we purchased the extra warranty.

Spyder Garage

Default DEMO AND THE DEALER

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Mike, apparently BRP doesn't agree with you. If there is anybody out there who is waiting until the end of their factory warranty to purchase the extended policy they should double check with their dealer to find out the expiration date. Since the OP had BEST coverage he found out when the card came in the mail but Highwayman didn't find out until after his had expired.
    Ann, if you were a Dealer would you Register a Vehicle and PAY THE STATE TAX ON THAT VEHICLE.......or would you just put a DEALER PLATE ( which dealers purchase from their DMV and are not vehicle specific ) on it so you could legally have it driven on Public roads.......I honestly believe there is a valid LEGAL argument about WHEN Manufacturers Warranties start, it CAN NOT be arbitrarily determined by BRP or any other Manufacturers..........Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Ann, if you were a Dealer would you Register a Vehicle and PAY THE STATE TAX ON THAT VEHICLE.......or would you just put a DEALER PLATE ( which dealers purchase from their DMV and are not vehicle specific ) on it so you could legally have it driven on Public roads.......I honestly believe there is a valid LEGAL argument about WHEN Manufacturers Warranties start, it CAN NOT be arbitrarily determined by BRP or any other Manufacturers..........Mike
    BRP's warranty starts when the Spyder is put in service. It does not matter if that service starts with the first owner or if it is used as a demo unit. That demo may never see the street. Could only be driven around the parking lot. It does not matter. The Dealer will register a demo unit with BRP because they are required to have some and do get some credit for it.

Attached Images Attached Images

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, Billy!
    A voice of reason...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

[QUOTE=billybovine;975985]BRP's warranty starts when the Spyder is put in service. It does not matter if that service starts with the first owner or if it is used as a demo unit. That demo may never see the street. Could only be driven around the parking lot. It does not matter. The Dealer will register a demo unit with BRP because they are required to have some and do get some credit for it.

..........Thanks Billy ........But this is certainly cause for concern........Mike