Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default What's the interest rate

Going to buy another spyder.whats the good interest rates on motorcycles these days?i know credit score will matter the most.all I get from a dealer is ill get you a good rate.my idea of a good rate is 2.9 - for 60 months

Spyder Garage

Default For good credit

Quote Originally Posted by hondaman View Post
    Going to buy another spyder.whats the good interest rates on motorcycles these days?i know credit score will matter the most.all I get from a dealer is ill get you a good rate.my idea of a good rate is 2.9 - for 60 months
    My dealer has: 3.9 for 36 months, and higher if paid on longer period.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BEST RATE

IMHO......do not get the Dealer involved with the loan......this will cost you money somewhere in the transaction......that's how they make MONEY off you.......Go to a CREDIT UNION you will get the best RATE there ..........................Good luck,......Mike

Spyder Garage

Best financing is obtained on your own if you have a good credit rating. Best to arrange for X $ and then you have the ability to negotiate with the dealer.

Dealer arranged financing usually entails "dealers reserve." EG. The dealer quotes you 7% interest rate, the real interest rate from the bank is 5%. You pay 7% and the dealer gets a 2% kickback from the bank as a part of the deal with the bank.

Motorcycle loans are usually more expensive than car loans. Why??? I don't know.

I have found my best interest rates from Credit Unions the last couple times I financed something.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I was talking to my dealer and going thru my credit union she said she could easily get us 1.5%, she just did a loan thru them for a lady with a leftover st and she put a decent chunk down and was at .99%

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i would not pay more than 3.9%
    I bought my yamaha new at that rate and only borrowed 5k but the interest over 6 years was like 500$
    Got my car at 0% for 72 and thats the way it should be. if your buying their car for 30K an interest free loan seems like a great way to sell them.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sheffield has 3.9 36 6.9 60 7.9 84

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    IMHO......do not get the Dealer involved with the loan......this will cost you money somewhere in the transaction......that's how they make MONEY off you.......Go to a CREDIT UNION you will get the best RATE there ..........................Good luck,......Mike
    I agree. My Credit Union always has the best rate, esecially with automatic deduction.
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black