Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Spyder Man View Post
    I don't need saddlebags on my RT... but even if I want saddlebags... no way would I consider shucking out $1299 for them... I think that's absurd..

OSM
    Don't want to be a spoilsport, but I suggest you paid at least that for your saddlebags on the RT...as part of the basic cost of the RT. No way to calculate or prove that, but I'm just saying...
    F3S Steel Black Metallic
    Former owner of '12 RT-S SE-5 and '09 GS SM5

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slagiatt View Post
    Don't want to be a spoilsport, but I suggest you paid at least that for your saddlebags on the RT...as part of the basic cost of the RT. No way to calculate or prove that, but I'm just saying...
    But, at least they are NOT flimsy and hold twice as much!!

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Saddlebags

Last year I bought a set of Nelson Rigg saddlebags for my ST-S. They are top loading also. Yes I know they aren't lockable but the set was less than $150. So I saved over $1100 compared to the F3 saddlebags.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Default I agree! However...

Quote Originally Posted by JkRbbt View Post
    But, at least they are NOT flimsy and hold twice as much!!
    I had a '12 RT and loved all of the storage...don't get me wrong...and your point is spot on. However, I just didn't want the rumor to start that BRP was giving us something for free.

BTW...as you know, lots of dealers discount accessories 10-15%...especially when you're purchasing the Spyder from them. Every little % counts. At a 15% discount, the bags are only moderately-insanely priced.
    F3S Steel Black Metallic
    Former owner of '12 RT-S SE-5 and '09 GS SM5

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Cool Waiting for Bags

I ordered my saddle bags, floor boards, back rest, and windshield when I placed my original order. I took possession of my F3S on Jan.21 and am still waiting for all the options I ordered and paid for except the Windshield. I do have the Blue Ridge shield but I understand that they too are now on back order. ( it will do until CalSci comes out with theirs) BRP keeps pushing back the ship dates on all the items. This is both frustrating and infuriating. I would love to be able to tell you all how I like my bags and how great or terrible they are, BUT I'm still waiting.

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Will the saddlebags from the ST-S fit on the F3??? My dealer has one on the floor and the bags looked bigger than the new F3 bags.

My shield is on back order, too.

The add-ons are very pricy, detachable passenger back rest $550, drivers back rest $450, auxiliary lights $500,
    blue ridge w/shield $400, c/c saddlebags $1300. so adding.....= $3200. That is only part of the Touring escape package, does anyone know the
    total cost of that???? might be better to buy the package...
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Default Aftermarket Saddlebags

There's a guy from Easy brackets interested in getting them made for the F3. He just needs to know the length and diameter of the bolts through the passenger handrails not including the bolt heads. He also needs the distance center to center between them on the F3. The Easy Brackets are a lockable quick detach bracket that allows you to mount any kind of aftermarket saddlebags to them so they easily go on & off the bike. Perhaps since Lamont has already made custom passenger grab handles for the customized F3 he's doing for Daytona Bike Week, he might have the info regarding those bolts and I can get this info to the guy from Easy Brackets. Aftermarket saddlebags cost less than half of what the BRP ones do.

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Default Prototype

Quote Originally Posted by KX5062 View Post
    I inspected and played with these at the recent Long Beach motorcycle show. I was not impressed at all. They are thin plastic covered in either real leather or faux leather. The plastic is thin and rather flimsy. The capacity of the cases are too small for anything other than day tripping. In fact, the overall size of
    Unlike, the F3, which DID impress me when I rode it.
    That was a prototype not the actual final product.

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

I will use my T-Bag for now, but hope the afterlife group put some nice bags out soon.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]

Spyder Garage

If we had those brackets, which aftermarket bags are worth looking into? Corbin is nice, but very pricey!
    2024 F3T (wife’s)
    2014 Indian Vintage
    2022 Lexus LC500
    1966 LS1 Corvette restomod
    1956 Corvette survivor (wife's)
    1941 Chevy hotrod truck
    2024 Corvette ERAY

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Default bags

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    this is a hotrod. want more room well? deer hunter

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Retired 2012 View Post
    Will the saddlebags from the ST-S fit on the F3??? My dealer has one on the floor and the bags looked bigger than the new F3 bags.

My shield is on back order, too.

The add-ons are very pricy, detachable passenger back rest $550, drivers back rest $450, auxiliary lights $500,
    blue ridge w/shield $400, c/c saddlebags $1300. so adding.....= $3200. That is only part of the Touring escape package, does anyone know the
    total cost of that???? might be better to buy the package...
    I believe the different packages don't save anything over the total of their components.
    2024 F3T (wife’s)
    2014 Indian Vintage
    2022 Lexus LC500
    1966 LS1 Corvette restomod
    1956 Corvette survivor (wife's)
    1941 Chevy hotrod truck
    2024 Corvette ERAY