Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
I have mine mounted on top of my helmet. Pros are it's easy to direct it toward points of interest and not just always straight ahead, or whichever direction it's mounted; the windshield is fairly small in the pic so it's rather unobtrusive; and there is no vibration in the video. Cons are you need to hold your head steady if you don't want any wandering of the picture; it's harder to reach the controls with your hands. I use the GoPro app on my tablet/GPS to control it but that means switching back and forth between the two apps. Not the most convenient activity to carry out while riding. I'm thinking about using my phone to control the camera.

Here's one of the videos I took coming home from Louisiana last fall. It shows what I'm saying about moving around. This is in Glenwood Canyon, I-70, in Colorado. It's unedited and almost 15 minutes long so feel free to skip around. At the very beginning and very end you can see me touching the tablet with a stylus to activate and then stop the camera. The app allows control of the camera and shows a live feed, albeit with about 2 or so seconds delay. The camera mic was on and you can actually slightly hear the sound coming through my helmet speakers. I didn't do a lot of looking to the side during this bit or riding, but there is a little bit near 9:50 and 10:38. At about 1:30 I look at the car that's passing by me.

I watched the whole video, great scenery in that area...I kept thinking where are the gas stations??? lol