I picked up my Spyder yesterday from the dealer. As noted before, they said the CB , antennae, and wiring harness were OK. The problem was my squelch was too high and microphone too low. They tested the CB's transmission with my helmet while the tech talked to another holding a hand held CB while the bike was being ridden.

Well, on the way home I could hear truckers talking on channel 19 but could not get any one to response to my transmission. At least the CB did not squeak when the PTT lever was pulled.

At home, we tested the Spyder's CB transmission to my Gold Wing while they were separated by the length of my driveway. Both had their engines running but where not moving. The CB worked as it should.

So encouraged that the CB was fixed, we rode the Spyder to the Gold Wing chapter meeting. Afterwards rode with a buddy who was on his Gold Wing. No matter how I changed the settings of the CB, it squeaked every time I pressed the PTT button. My buddy said he could here me in the background , but I could not hear myself over the squeak. The intercom worked once I adjusted the sensitivity down to 3 bars and the microphone ( which the instruction sheet says is for the intercom, not the CB) almost to the top of its scale. The CB squeaked when my girl friend use the PTT button on the passenger's audio cable. The CB squeaked even when we were idling outside the garage when we got home, no matter what settings were used.

Any ideas?