Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Siara, so happy for your new addition to the family! 2012 was a very good year for RTs.

As for naming the RT, it will come to you in time...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations!!

That silver (Magnesium) color sure does look snazzy all bright and shiny in that showroom picture. Enjoy!!!
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the same model, year and color. As far as names go, I call mine the Beast so you cant use that. Enjoy the ride.

Spyder Garage

On your new addition to your family..you will enjoy it, I know....both my wife and I have been enjoying our ...I hope you enjoy many , many happy miles on yours....you have a beautiful ryde.
    " My Serenity "......2017 Spyder F3T....Silver Gray in color,Red dragon on Celtic cross on frunk,Blade wheels,Spyderpops bumpskid,LED headlights and foglights,Lamonster heim joints,Lamonster powerpoint,F3 Spyder cuff, Lidlocks helmet lock,Lamonster air pack,Ron-jon sway bar,Sara Clark painted thin blue line and Sheriffs badge, Spyderpops LED strobe brake and rear turn signal lights, Lamonster gas cap, bluetooth.
    2017 F3T , silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congrat on the new addition to the family!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Think of it this way; it's only going to get better!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default RIDING

SIARA;
    DON'T LET YOU HUSBAND RIDE IT...
    BECAUSE YOU'LL BE BACK ON A B'mer IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE.....
    GOOD LUCK, ENJOY, AND RIDE SAFELY....
    DAN P
    EASLEY, SC, USA
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats!

Touring with comfort at it's finest.

Spyder Garage

Default Don't look back

You made a very wise decision to go for the new 2012. You will have all the power and speed that you could ask for. Plus you will have a little left over for customizing to your personal tastes. Congratulations and may you have many miles of smiles. Yes imperfection do exist, but that's what a warranty is for.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Name

This may be a little long for a name, but how about "Stainless Steal"
    Just a thought! Enjoy your new baby.
    2015 RT Limited , Pearl White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default New Name

This might be a little long for a name, but since you stole it from the dealer how about "Stainless Steal"
    2015 RT Limited , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the "More Smiles Per Mile" club

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thank you to everyone who congratulated me on the purchase so far~! I appreciate it. You guys and girls have been so nice~

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post
    & on your new addition to your family!

2012 was a good year for the RT, you're going to love it!

This is a must read for all new Spyder Ryders...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners
    Thank you for the link, I'll be sure to read it thoroughly. The codes seem very useful, I'll have to remind myself to keep a copy in the storage of the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I'm very happy you found a Spyder at a good deal. I know you agonized over which model to get, but I think you did well with the RTS. And thanks for the pics. We love pics here.

Is it manual or semi-automatic?
    It's a SE5 so a semi-automatic, I can't drive manual bikes (or Spyders) anymore so manual wasn't an option to begin with. Too bad because that could have shaved off a lot of the price.

Quote Originally Posted by RBS66 View Post
    CONGRATS! Siara ,I know you took a long time to make the decision. You're going to love it. I own a 2013 RT And I feel the 998 has plenty of power. Yes the 1330 would be nice ,but my RT runs just Great with my wife and I on it. And I'm not a small guy. Have fun and enjoy your new ride.
    That's very nice to hear, I was honestly a bit worried about its power compared to the newer engine.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    & Did I read you correctly when you said " this be my first ride " ???????......I sure hope you enjoy it , because you now OWN IT.......I suggest you find the " DO'S AND DONT'S " for new rider's post you will learn a lot.................Mike
    I had a few testrides on the 2014 RT which lasted more than two hours each. I liked those although it takes some getting used to. Just worried how the older engine compares to it in the long run. It was honestly hard to feel the difference for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    You will love - it's the BEST of the 990s! Remember that it will take 200 miles (320 KM) to learn to ride it, and not grip to bars too hard!! It will go anywhere your hubby will take his Beemer too!

Enjoy
    Thank you! Nice to hear I can still chase my hubby around, not sure if he'll be just as pleased with it... I'll keep in mind to loosen my grip on the bars, especially the first few rides.

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    on your purchase. I am partial to the magnesium color--we have a 2011 RT in our stable.

As others have said, the 2012 RT is considered the best of all the 998 RT's.

We have 16,500 trouble free miles on akspyderlady's 2011. She calls it her "baby."
    Awww...that's pretty cute! When I first saw my machine the name 'Blade' immediatly popped up in my head but I'm not sure it's a keeper. We'll see when he's parked in my own garage.

Spyder Garage

on your new 2012RTS-SE5, as mentioned on this post, the 12RTS-SE5 was a good year.

My first spyder was a 2012RTS-SE5 Metallic Blue, I did not have any problems, when I traded my 2012RTS-SE5 it had 8,899 happy miles on it. Get a laser alignment. and enjoy it.

I traded up to a 2014RTS-SE6 because it has the 1330 ACE engine, better gas mileage, smother ride, more power, and it is an awesome machine.
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for the feedback, Deanna.

I can actually say I currently like the high-revving engine better than the new 1330 ACE engine. That's purely preference though.

I was a bit dissapointed with the dealer though. I went to pick up my machine yesterday and the dealer gave my partner (instead of me who was purchasing it) a long lecture on how everything worked and threw in an extra manual in Dutch. I ignored the fact that it was actually the manual for the 2014 model with the new engine because I knew there was an English manual with DVD in the frunk. No issue there.

We drove home and on the way home I tested everything I could possibly test on the machine and noticed the electronically adjustable windshield didn't work. That was such a let-down seeing I was driving a brand new machine. When we came home we called the dealer right away and he told us to come by again on Monday (tomorrow) so he could read out the machine.

I really hope it's nothing serious, warranty has got me covered but I don't want to leave my machine over there. Honestly, I was so excited to pick it up and now I already need to bring it back in. They told me they tested everything and even installed a new battery because the old one was dead but somehow they failed to see the windshield didn't lower or move at all.

*sigh* Wish me luck!