Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Finally Home from SpyderQuest

Well, it's been a long journey. About 4,500 miles round trip (all solo) but I am back home in Dallas from SpyderQuest. It was an incredible experience with views that will be with me a lifetime!

I have my photos and a couple of videos on my Facbook: https://www.facebook.com/jon.harper.165

My video from Tail of the Dragon is at

Here's a couple of things I learned.

1) AirHawk R seat cushion is a must... if it hadn't of been for a last minute purchase of this awesome thing, I would have never met you all because I probably would have called for a transport back to Texas by Indiana!!

2) Everyone should spend at least a day site seeing in Washington DC; I stayed in Georgetown and loved that area!

3) I passed through 18 states in this journey and NY Harley riders are the least friendly... they must have a lot of insecurity!

4) Places that need to be on your list, or potential spots for events, are: Washington DC, Annapolis, Tail of the Dragon, Tennessee side after the Dragon

5) Siri with voice activated bluetooth via your headset is awesome! I was able to stay connected via phone calls, texts and music without using my hands.

6) Always bring a quart of oil with you on long trips like this... I ended up going through entire bottle, but I rode it pretty hard, very long and sometimes very fast!!

7) My Spyder is an AWESOME machine... ran absolutely beautifully without any problems!

8) Lastly, I met a lot of fantastic people along the way... Americans, Canadians, others I don't know where from... SpyderQuest was amazing and I would absolutely encourage anyone, from anywhere, to try it at least once... you won't be disappointed. In fact, it was a couple here on SL that were from Canada (and I don't remember their names off hand) that told me I wouldn't be disappointed - I certainly was not - thank you!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Great Journey! Glad you made it home safely!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you made it home, safely . . . I sat across from you, and to your left at the closing ceremony . . . it was great to meet you.
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad you had a great time and made it home okay. This sure is a beautiful country isn't it?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome home!

Spyder Garage

We have been going to the Lake George area for over 25 years and we can never get enough of the area. The roads are fantastic and the scenery is wonderful. Just when we thought we have seen it all, we take a turn and see another area that we have not seen before. We are glad you had a great time. Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk to you. Perhaps next year ?

Spyder Garage

It was nice meeting you also.
    Glad to see you made it home safely, that was quite the ride.

Video is great, seems to be a lot of place for the cops to pull you over.....
    This Tail of the Dragon will be in the must do, once i'm retired.
    You should ask Pierre @ SpyderTV to post it on his website?

Anyway TTYL,

Silvano