Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took that Ryde

Spyder Garage

Default Took that Ryde

I went over to American Powersports for the monthly VMC (Victory Motorcycle Club) meeting early with the intention of getting a demo ride on a 2014 RT model with the 1330 motor. I got to do so. The motor was very smooth & quiet with more than enough get-up & go. It only took a few moments to learn to relax my grip and just motor along. The seat was very comfy although this was just a short 15 minute ride. I can see there the Baja Ron anti-sway bar would be beneficial as there was some body roll on sharp turns, not bad though. I remembered you guys saying to just stay on the throttle and let the SE6 do the shifting instead of rolling the throttle as on my bike and it shifted very smoothly. I never got over 60 mph and actually ran at 45 & 55 most of the time due to traffic. There is quite a bit less legroom on the RT compared to my Victory, almost like that on a Gold Wing but some highway pegs would make that better, at least on road trips. I only caught myself grabbing for a hand brake at the very beginning of the ride and quickly adapted to the foot-only brakes. This particular one was an RT-S in Pearl White. The color actually grew on me the more i looked at it. The reason for this is that my knees are starting to hurt again and I'm already getting shots in my right one. My lower back isn't without pain either. The time is getting near to go to 3 wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Soooo... Do you have some "paper-signing", to do at the dealers yet?
    Glad to hear that you liked it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just think about not having to toe tap in stop and go traffic!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I already get shots in the right knee but with the Spyder I still ride over 25000 miles per year. It will be good for you

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wait till next week and try out the F3 for leg room. I'd be interested to hear the report on that.

BTW, on my way to 'Quest, I met a guy who had a tricked Victory. It was really sharp.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Wait till next week and try out the F3 for leg room. I'd be interested to hear the report on that.

BTW, on my way to 'Quest, I met a guy who had a tricked Victory. It was really sharp.
    Our police dept. here in Oro Valley is now using Victory M/C. BMW's are gone. Too much maintenance.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default I have a very nice Victory Cross Country

Mine is a 2012 with over 17,300 miles on it. It's metallic red and silver two tone with the lock and ride trunk added to it. With all the farkles I have over 20 grand in it and keep it in excellent condition. Just had new tires this summer too. I'd have to get $13,500 for it selling it outright.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by den1953 View Post
    Mine is a 2012 with over 17,300 miles on it. It's metallic red and silver two tone with the lock and ride trunk added to it. With all the farkles I have over 20 grand in it and keep it in excellent condition. Just had new tires this summer too. I'd have to get $13,500 for it selling it outright.
    Very sharp looking ride
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I went from a 2005 Wing to a 2014 RTS Se6 in pearl white at the end of June. Lower back pain and sporadic numbness in my legs was the reason I had to switch. I really loved the sound and the power of the Wing but I knew it was time to give it up. I have not had much opportunity to ride the Spyder this summer but I'm appreciating it more and more each time out. I'm sure when you make the switch, you will be satisfied.

John

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

There's a local shop that would trike your Victory for roughly $12K, with all the add-ons. I would have to think really hard about that before making the Spyder decision... and I really like my '14 RT.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    There's a local shop that would trike your Victory for roughly $12K, with all the add-ons. I would have to think really hard about that before making the Spyder decision... and I really like my '14 RT.
    Yes, but then the handlebars would be on the wrong end

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you enjoyed the test ride on the RT-S. You do have a beautiful looking Victory there. Decisions, decisions.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The picture of you on that GORGEOUS Victory... has me worried!
    You have such a smile on your face; are you REALLY ready t get rid of it?

Please don't get me wrong; I love my spyder...
    How much will you miss that bike?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Now you've done it..!!

test rydes are the downfall of those on the edge. When the time comes you will be very pleased with this choice. Be safe and hope your on a roadster soon..
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Triking the Victory

There is a shop about 30 miles from here the installs the Roadsmith conversions. It's an independent rear suspension kit with an available electric reverse and an air adjustable ride leveling system. With matching two tone paint, a heavy duty anti-sway bar, easy steer rake kit and chrome bumper with tow hitch it came to well over $17,000 with tax installed. Mind you I only gave about $17,290 for the bike when new and added $2880 in farkles to where I already have $20,170 in the bike. It's already considered a three year old bike and only trades-in for a little over 11 grand. This 2014 RT-S is marked down from $28,049 to $23,500 or a $4549 discount off list price. Why would I want to have over $37,000 in a bike that will soon be going on 4 years old?

Spyder Garage

There is a shop about 30 miles from here the installs the Roadsmith conversions. It's an independent rear suspension kit with an available electric reverse and an air adjustable ride leveling system. With matching two tone paint, a heavy duty anti-sway bar, easy steer rake kit and chrome bumper with tow hitch it came to well over $17,000 with tax installed. Mind you I only gave about $17,290 for the bike when new and added $2880 in farkles to where I already have $20,170 in the bike. It's already considered a three year old bike and only trades-in for a little over 11 grand. This 2014 RT-S is marked down from $28,049 to $23,500 or a $4549 discount off list price. Why would I want to have over $37,000 in a bike that will soon be going on 4 years old?
    Your thinking is right on IMO.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default In anwer to Bob

I really like my Victory a lot. In fact it is one of the best motorcycles I have owned in my 44 years of licensed motorcycle riding. Out of the 16 bikes I've owned over that time span I'd have to say it's in the top three. If I were not having the pain and other issues that go with osteoarthritus I wouldn't even be considering such a move. The aging process is eventually going to make it mandatory although I could probably wait another year or two and stay on two wheels. At least I know there is an affordable alternative to 35 to 40 thousand dollar trikes that works very well, very well indeed.

Spyder Garage

I really like my Victory a lot. In fact it is one of the best motorcycles I have owned in my 44 years of licensed motorcycle riding. Out of the 16 bikes I've owned over that time span I'd have to say it's in the top three. If I were not having the pain and other issues that go with osteoarthritus I wouldn't even be considering such a move. The aging process is eventually going to make it mandatory although I could probably wait another year or two and stay on two wheels. At least I know there is an affordable alternative to 35 to 40 thousand dollar trikes that works very well, very well indeed.
    I stuck with my last two wheeler until the bitter end. I just liked it that much. My gamey leg made me worried that some time soon I was not going to be able to support the bike, and end up on the floor.

When the time comes, the is a great alternative to keep your face in the wind. I almost bought one just like yours a couple years before giving up two wheels. The dealer here, was not customer friendly, so I did not go for it.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It saddnes me; to hear that a health issue is forcing your hand...
    Because that Bike is a REAL BEAUTY!
    It deserves to be in a home, as good as yours!

Spyder Garage

Default American Powersports

He's a medium size dealership in Findlay Ohio and very customer friendly, literally willing to go the extra mile. He sells Victory/Polaris, Can Am/Ski-Doo/SeaDoo, Arctic cat, Yamaha and Suzuki. I've already bought a couple new Yamaha motorcycles from him prior to this Victory Cross Country and luckily he'd also be my Can Am dealer as well. I get treated very well there and always get a good deal on a new ride or accessories or even clothing with decent discounts.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Your triked Victory would be worth far more than the non triked bike. You need to look at the math too. You sell your V for !5000, and add 10000 to get a Spyder. You know your V, and if you dial back your conversion wants to $12K, which would you like better?? You'd pay at least $4000 in paint to get a Spyder to look as nice as your V. (JMHO)

There were no kits for my Honda, when I sold it, so it wasn't an option for me.

Just for discussion.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default GREAT DEAL

Sounds like your dealer is giving you a great discount on new Spyder

That is one heck of a sweet looking victory I would think you could sell it for more than what the dealer can typically give you for it?
    My wife is from Ohio and rode her 2011 RT Spyder from Woodinville WA to Cleveland area to visit family and friends this summer.
    You won't be disappointed if you buy a Spyder after I rode hers I had to get me my own STL

Spyder Garage

Default TOOK THAT RIDE

Like you, I loved my (2nd) Victory!! My wife was in a helicopter crash & damaged the nerves in her left leg & right arm. making it dangerous for her to ride ANYTHING on 2 wheels. She tried one of the Suzuki trikes for a while, but, she was worn out after only 100 miles or so. Traveled the 30 miles to a Can-Am dealer & rode the 2011 Spyder RT-S. To say she was "In Love" would be an understatement!

After we brought it home, she proceeded to "Ryde my Ass into Ground" on our first 500 mile trip! After the second time she did this, I called the dealer and told him to "Find ME one just like hers!"

I took delivery of my 2012 about 5 months later! Now after several 1,000 mile trips and one 3,800 mile trip this past May, I have NO REGRETS!

Hope you make the right decision for You! I know I did!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bandit; 09-19-2014 at 10:12 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Retail, Resale & Trade-In

I've been to NADA and Kelley Blue Book online and as equipped my bike is worth over $15,000 retail and a little bit over $11,000 for Trade-in so the middle ground price between those is $13,000. I'd ask $13,500 to be fair to myself and considering how well cared for this bike is. That's to sell it myself outright and I figure $2500 over trade-in value is pretty good. To do so I'd just have to be patient and wait it out for the right buyer to come along, but of course those marked down 2014 RT Spyders would be long gone by that time.

Spyder Garage

I've been to NADA and Kelley Blue Book online and as equipped my bike is worth over $15,000 retail and a little bit over $11,000 for Trade-in so the middle ground price between those is $13,000. I'd ask $13,500 to be fair to myself and considering how well cared for this bike is. That's to sell it myself outright and I figure $2500 over trade-in value is pretty good. To do so I'd just have to be patient and wait it out for the right buyer to come along, but of course those marked down 2014 RT Spyders would be long gone by that time.
    What has American Powersports offered for trade in? Would they be willing to come close to the $13,500?
    In Minnesota you only pay the sells tax on the amount after trade in. If it is like that in Ohio that can add up and make the difference between selling it yourself or trading.

I understand where you are comming from as I sold my beloved Harley last year in order to purchase my 14 RTL due to knee issues that caused me to drop it when my wife was claiming adoard.
    I was worried that I would miss my Harley, but I can tell you that I love this Spyder and it is so nice never having to worry about holding it up, or riding on uneven washed out gravel pull ins to take pictures that I seldom think about the Harley.

Good luck on your decision and please let us know what that final decision is.

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue