Spyder Garage

Default extended warranty

Hi guys trying to make a edecated decision about extended wareanty. I have a 2012 RT Limited just over 12000 miles on it. I am the only owner. In the past two years only problem I have had is the radio. They were verry good about it and installed a new one no questions asked. My question is. Is it worth the 1100 dollars they want for another three years. I know there are a lot of electronics onboard. Should I throw the dice and hope? Or should I bit the bullet and spend the money. I only have a few days left to decide so any advice or experience would be greatley appreciated.
    Last edited by The RI Spyder rider; 08-18-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am hoping you mean 1100 and not 11000! I am trying to decide the same?
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I got Zurich 5 years after my warranty ends 850 no deductible thanks to the spyderlovers that gave me the info PM me for the dealer I bought it from

Spyder Garage

sorry about that it is 1100 got a bit carried away with the 0s

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do it!!

Wha't "Peace of Mind" worth to you?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by The RI Spyder rider View Post
    Hi guys trying to make a edecated decision about extended wareanty. I have a 2012 RT Limited just over 12000 miles on it. I am the only owner. In the past two years only problem I have had is the radio. They were verry good about it and installed a new one no questions asked. My question is. Is it worth the 1100 dollars they want for another three years. I know there are a lot of electronics onboard. Should I throw the dice and hope? Or should I bit the bullet and spend the money. I only have a few days left to decide so any advice or experience would be greatley appreciated.

You should do it but that $1100 ought to be closer to $750. Shop around.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

According to my paperwork, I was charged $799 for a full 7 year BEST warranty (3+4), when I bought my new RT. That's an insurance policy that costs me $114.14 per year, is worth more than I paid for it, if I sell the RT, and covers me anywhere in the US, except FL, which I will never see on my Spyder. I would choose the extended warranty on a Spyder before any other farkle - but I like to sleep at night.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    You should do it but that $1100 ought to be closer to $750. Shop around.
    I guess Im a bit uninformed I didnt know you could shop around for a extended warranty how do I go about it?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Call Pitbull in MO, and ask them. I'm pretty sure you will get the best pricing from them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by The RI Spyder rider View Post
    Not sure if they still offer but Brice at berts mega mall had good pricing also

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

we have 33,000 miles on our 2010 rts...belive me the warranty is more important than you can imagine..ours just saved us over 1000.00...and we still have another year on it..i am just hoping it can be extended again...and we only paid 900 for our extended ...shop around..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Call Pitbull and Bert's Mega Mall and if you don't purchase it through one of them you may be able to get your dealer to price match.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jtoro1 View Post
    I got Zurich 5 years after my warranty ends 850 no deductible thanks to the spyderlovers that gave me the info PM me for the dealer I bought it from
    Do you happen to know if the Zurich Warranty is also transferrable like the BEST is? I'll PM you for dealer info as well, if you don't mind.