Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default RT security issue soft recall

Was at the dealer yesterday and was informed that they are having an issue with the security system at the ignition. Something having to do with the communication through the antenna. My '14 RT has not shown any issues to date. They told me that you will have a VSS displayed and the unit won't start. Turning the ignition on and off will kick in the "limp-in" mode and you should be able to get it to eventually start to get to the dealer. This should be a free repair. Hope that helps someone!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    Was at the dealer yesterday and was informed that they are having an issue with the security system at the ignition. Something having to do with the communication through the antenna. My '14 RT has not shown any issues to date. They told me that you will have a VSS displayed and the unit won't start. Turning the ignition on and off will kick in the "limp-in" mode and you should be able to get it to eventually start to get to the dealer. This should be a free repair. Hope that helps someone!
    I am guessing the dealer is talking about a service bulletin. Did he give you a copy? It would be interesting to read. The DESS, ignition switch and key are new for all 2014's. So I am guessing again that this applies to all 2014s only.
    Displaying VSS is not logical since that is the stability system not the security system.

Thanks for the info.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I seem to recall seeing a post or two in here, that describes that condition...

Thanks for the heads-up on it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Keys..!!

have been a problem with the 14's. Seems the new system was not fully tested (Joe public). What is interesting is they are not getting ahead of the problem. Waiting till it fails then working some key and button magic to get it running enough to go to the dealer seems jmo...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default In the shop

My 2014 RT is in the shop now for that ignition problem

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Let us know how it goes.