Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

'Nuther word:
    "Why"?

If the current chassis is about at it's limits, and Nanny has to keep butting in on the fun; what would an extra 30% more horses do to the equation?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nils888 View Post
    2015 entry level Spyder
    that's why i've heard the comment that the entry level spyder is the sh&%$s!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like the design idea of that one...
    You can go...
    And go!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They're adding 2 new models to the lineup for 2015.
    1) They're going to make a 4 passenger ST. It'll just be a stretched out ST so you can bring the whole family along tobaggin style.

2)they're going to make a dual sport on/off road model with selectable 1 or 3 wheel drive. High clearance for going over rocks and logs or fording creeks with knobby tires

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Wish they had a larger fuel tank.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well, I guess my suggestion of the Turbo is not to slap it on an existing model and that's it. I would assume the machine would be designed to handle the extra HP. It might not be your cup of tea, but a lot of us would love to see a upgrade to the RS that included a turbo and possibly and adjustable nanny like on many of the top end sport bikes. Not sure there is a huge market for this though, so that makes BRP unlikely to invest in the R and D to make this happen. Just my 2 cents.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Fair enough...
    The machine would need some revisions in order to put the power to the ground in a controllable manner; not an impossible task!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Fair enough...
    The machine would need some revisions in order to put the power to the ground in a controllable manner; not an impossible task!
    I would like a turbo. It would be pretty awesome for mid range acceleration purposes. Even if the nanny remained at the same level of restrictions I could still use some boost!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    If I wanted to lean I would buy a motorcycle. I happen to love the way this machine rides. Instead of dreaming up ways to change the machine, why not try learning how to ride it properly?

Just sayin'...........

I believe I know how to ride a Spyder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NetJunkie View Post
    If you think this is "sour" I suggest you don't venture out too far on the Internet by yourself.
    Scary... isn't it?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sledmaster View Post
    For the sake of conversation and speculation -

They will build what they are capable of building, and selling, at a profit. To that end, what are people asking for and how much are they willing to spend to get it?

Can they build and would they sell........

more RTs in different colors and feature packages? Of course.

An ST-Limited with the 1330 Ace? easy.

An RS with an ACE 1330? No need to. You want a premium touring engine, step up to a touring model.

a LEANER? Might sell, but how easy is it to build? Cost? Hmmm. Would it open up a new market and get current bike riders to convert? Enough of them? Looking at motorcycle sales, who is most likely to convert to three wheels? Spyder riders are either coming from bikes, or they are the "others". A leaner really only appeals to a bike rider, none of the others, so how many sport bike riders would convert? Sure it would be cool, I just don't think the juice would be worth the squeeze.

A less expensive entry model, with say an ACE 900 (90 HP)? They could do this, but how many "new" buyers would want this? Is it too "boring"?

And the hybrid, or full electric. Noble cause, but seriously, how many would they sell? Would it also be too boring? Added weight and complexity, reduced performance but added economy? Didn't we all just ask for MORE power from our RTs? Who in the world is going to buy one with LESS power?

Remember, the GS model came out before the RT. They tried to create a performance image before satisfying the touring crowd. But once buyers had a choice of GS/RS or an RT, we all know what happened as the ratio of RTs sold to RS and STs is staggering. Does that mean ignore the RS buyer? Sure hope not. To a snowmobiler, ATV rider, PWC rider, dirt bike rider the RS is the way better machine. Active riding style, more able to throw the machine around. To the side-by-side, cruiser bike or touring bike rider, they more often will opt for the RT experience, and this clearly is where the money is being made right now. R&D follows sales, unless a new segment or market can be created.

Then we have the strange advertising campaign with Drew Brees and Danica Patrick. Not RT exposure. One has to conclude they are trying to bolster or create a better image with the younger demographic. Younger than the RT owners, at least. I am almost surprised they didn't go for somebody like Dale Jr. instead, might have been a better investment.

OK, I am done rambling.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sledmaster View Post
    For the sake of conversation and speculation -

They will build what they are capable of building, and selling, at a profit. To that end, what are people asking for and how much are they willing to spend to get it?

Can they build and would they sell........

more RTs in different colors and feature packages? Of course.

An ST-Limited with the 1330 Ace? easy.

An RS with an ACE 1330? No need to. You want a premium touring engine, step up to a touring model.

a LEANER? Might sell, but how easy is it to build? Cost? Hmmm. Would it open up a new market and get current bike riders to convert? Enough of them? Looking at motorcycle sales, who is most likely to convert to three wheels? Spyder riders are either coming from bikes, or they are the "others". A leaner really only appeals to a bike rider, none of the others, so how many sport bike riders would convert? Sure it would be cool, I just don't think the juice would be worth the squeeze.

A less expensive entry model, with say an ACE 900 (90 HP)? They could do this, but how many "new" buyers would want this? Is it too "boring"?

And the hybrid, or full electric. Noble cause, but seriously, how many would they sell? Would it also be too boring? Added weight and complexity, reduced performance but added economy? Didn't we all just ask for MORE power from our RTs? Who in the world is going to buy one with LESS power?

Remember, the GS model came out before the RT. They tried to create a performance image before satisfying the touring crowd. But once buyers had a choice of GS/RS or an RT, we all know what happened as the ratio of RTs sold to RS and STs is staggering. Does that mean ignore the RS buyer? Sure hope not. To a snowmobiler, ATV rider, PWC rider, dirt bike rider the RS is the way better machine. Active riding style, more able to throw the machine around. To the side-by-side, cruiser bike or touring bike rider, they more often will opt for the RT experience, and this clearly is where the money is being made right now. R&D follows sales, unless a new segment or market can be created.

Then we have the strange advertising campaign with Drew Brees and Danica Patrick. Not RT exposure. One has to conclude they are trying to bolster or create a better image with the younger demographic. Younger than the RT owners, at least. I am almost surprised they didn't go for somebody like Dale Jr. instead, might have been a better investment.

OK, I am done rambling.

I am a newb on this site but have found this thread very entertaining......I agree with most of what you said. I have a 2011 RS and have had it since 2012 and probably ride it 85-90% of the year. To say I love my spyder seems inadequate.... a couple of things that I would like to see is either a bigger gas tank or better fuel mileage.....and it wouldn't hurt if it topped out a littler further past 125....
    Last edited by Spyderaven; 07-30-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderaven View Post
    I am a newb on this site but have found this thread very entertaining......I agree with most of what you said. I have a 2011 RS and have had it since 2012 and probably ride it 85-90% of the year. To say I love my spyder seems inadequate.... a couple of things that I would like to see is either a bigger gas tank or better fuel mileage.....and it wouldn't hurt if it topped out a littler further past 125....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderaven View Post
    First off The frist part ofyour wish list is covered with the 2014 RT's as for the past 125 as I have never topped out my RT. I have not found a road that had that kind of speed limit yet
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Corporations tend to do things that have proven successful for them in the past. I really think they will bring out an entry level Spyder to broaden their market. Look what happened with the Spark. I live in northern Illinois (not exactly the boating capital of anywhere). My dealer sold out his entire 2014 allotment of Sparks by the end of March. There was a large untapped market at the lower end. To assume this is not the case for Spyder I think is foolish. From the companies perspective it creates a long term customer. Get them in and upgrade them over the years.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    First off The frist part ofyour wish list is covered with the 2014 RT's as for the past 125 as I have never topped out my RT. I have not found a road that had that kind of speed limit yet

True but I love the look of the RS.... and as for the 125 and no roads with that speed limit.....well must be something they have down here in GA. We have two roads specifically I-120 and I-285....the "I" denotes that its an interstate and the proceeding number denotes the speed limit apparently.

Im good on the first interstate but the second one those crotch rockets scream past me doing 140+

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Corporations tend to do things that have proven successful for them in the past. I really think they will bring out an entry level Spyder to broaden their market. Look what happened with the Spark. I live in northern Illinois (not exactly the boating capital of anywhere). My dealer sold out his entire 2014 allotment of Sparks by the end of March. There was a large untapped market at the lower end. To assume this is not the case for Spyder I think is foolish. From the companies perspective it creates a long term customer. Get them in and upgrade them over the years.
    I believe you are correct. Start them out young and you'll have customers for life

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    They're adding 2 new models to the lineup for 2015.
    1) They're going to make a 4 passenger ST. It'll just be a stretched out ST so you can bring the whole family along tobaggin style.

2)they're going to make a dual sport on/off road model with selectable 1 or 3 wheel drive. High clearance for going over rocks and logs or fording creeks with knobby tires
    I would go for your 2nd idea!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Those are the two "rumors" my dealer told me about as well. He said #2 is reality, and #1 is a "suspicion with some degree of circumstantial evidence". There IS suposedly something big coming, but BRP is being close-mouthed about it for now.
    Stop it you guys, I'm getting goose bumps!
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We'll know for sure in about 7 weeks or so...
    Tick... Tick... Tick...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nobody has yet to mention that BRP already markets a Supercharged Sea-Do. I can tell you that it is QUICK compared to the standard model. How hard would it be for them to use their already existing technology in the Spyder line? I also see that BRP brought out an all plastic(vs. fiberglass) PWC for 2014, and cut the price signifigantly.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Keep in mind that you won't see the Supdercharged engine in that $5,000 dollar PWC.
    ...Which has been selling like beer at a baseball stadium

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I realize that a jet drive has no parallel to a rear tire. Currently the standard 1330 is eating the OEM Kenda like candy. If BRP plans on upping the output of this engine in anyway, they better shod the spyder with way more durable rubber. Can you hear the uproar if the Kenda was bald @3-4000 miles, even if it went like a bat outta he**.