Spyder Garage

Default Any one use a swivel wheel trailer to haul your Spyder?

I see this question asked 3 years ago, with a no. So I am asking again. Here is a link to it. http://www.cruiserlift.com/swivelwheel.html I know some of Yall will say get a toy hauler. Well I had a Road Warrior toy hauler for 4 years. I traded in on a Cedar Creek 5th wheel. I work all over the USA so I wind up staying in it 6 to 8 months of the year. Wanted more living area. So if you know anything about the swivel wheel trailer give me a ear full! The model I am looking at st the DW58. Which has a 5x8 deck. I will need to make it a 6" wider, that's not a problem. Let me know what you know. Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Very nice..!!

I don't see why it would not work fine. Once you find a way to load the roadster on (low ground clearance) and secure it. Looks like a great solution to having a full mobile home and toy hauler wrapped into a compact package..hope someone here has tried one out and can give you the low down...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dar View Post
    I see this question asked 3 years ago, with a no. So I am asking again. Here is a link to it. http://www.cruiserlift.com/swivelwheel.html I know some of Yall will say get a toy hauler. Well I had a Road Warrior toy hauler for 4 years. I traded in on a Cedar Creek 5th wheel. I work all over the USA so I wind up staying in it 6 to 8 months of the year. Wanted more living area. So if you know anything about the swivel wheel trailer give me a ear full! The model I am looking at st the DW58. Which has a 5x8 deck. I will need to make it a 6" wider, that's not a problem. Let me know what you know. Thanks
    Biggest problem I see with it is that little wheel set up will be spinning 100mph when you are going 60 the rest looks good if you have a tire failure you will never know it behind that much weight of your trailer and the single tire will never show up in your rear view mirror

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    Biggest problem I see with it is that little wheel set up will be spinning 100mph when you are going 60 the rest looks good if you have a tire failure you will never know it behind that much weight of your trailer and the single tire will never show up in your rear view mirror
    Solve this issue with a camera.

Spyder Garage

Yep was going to get a camera setup and maybe one of them there tire air monitoring devices.

Spyder Garage

Default Swivel wheel

I work construction also and have been looking at the swivel wheel , they make a two wheel version that I seen and it was hauling a 4 up Razor side by side . I think I would feel better with the 2 wheel over the single .
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I have used one

Yes I have used one, but different brand.
    If you look close though you will see that it is not really a trailer,
    look close you will see that the motor home has 2 receivers on it
    one on each side that the unit slides into, what you have is a platform to
    put stuff on that is sticking out the back, if you took the wheels off it would
    still stick out the back but it would sag if you put a bunch of weight on it.
    notice none of the pictures show one with only one receiver in the center
    if it was that way it would tip from side to side.
    The wheel or wheels are only there to support the weight of the load such
    as the motorcycle. they are easy to back up because they don't swivel side to side
    they have much smaller units for sale at Harbor Freight that use only one receiver
    but they will not carry much weight.
    Ride Safe
    Dave

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Yes I have used one, but different brand.
    If you look close though you will see that it is not really a trailer,
    look close you will see that the motor home has 2 receivers on it
    one on each side that the unit slides into, what you have is a platform to
    put stuff on that is sticking out the back, if you took the wheels off it would
    still stick out the back but it would sag if you put a bunch of weight on it.
    notice none of the pictures show one with only one receiver in the center
    if it was that way it would tip from side to side.
    The wheel or wheels are only there to support the weight of the load such
    as the motorcycle. they are easy to back up because they don't swivel side to side
    they have much smaller units for sale at Harbor Freight that use only one receiver
    but they will not carry much weight.
    Ride Safe
    Dave
    It has to pivot up & down or else it would lift the rear end of the camper off the ground