Spyder Garage

Default Had to hide the Spyder

Had to hide the in Ocean City, MD just so I could relax and enjoy the shore, funny thing was I was sitting behind the in a chair having a beer or 2 with the cover on no one gave it a second look, with it off people were gathering and pointing, I like the attention but wanted to relax with the wife. It was a great 3hr 45 min ride.
    2014-06-27 17.58.30(1).jpg
    Last edited by rnharriman; 06-29-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

Or 2 ?

Even though the cover is not high security, it does keep the average person from sitting on it and screwing up something!

Enjoy your time!

Spyder Garage

No trailer cover? Poor thing.

Ocean City is only 2.5 hours away for me, but I've never been.

Dont really know much about where to stay or what to eat...suggestions?
    Last edited by SNOOPY; 06-29-2014 at 04:11 PM.

Spyder Garage

Ya the wife was discussing that we need a cover for the trailer.

Spyder Garage

We stayed at the motel in the picture not bad rates for the area (around $450 for Fri and Sat night peek season) and there is a sea food buffet across the street we go to every time we go down (around $85 for 2 with drinks) There is a lot of hotels and motels most cost more than I paid you go to the shore for the beach and boardwalk the room is for sleeping and cleaning up. The amount of food places is so numerous I use Yelp to narrow it down.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnharriman View Post
    Ya the wife was discussing that we need a cover for the trailer.

I like your wife.

Oops...

Spyder Garage

We stayed at the motel in the picture not bad rates for the area (around $450 for Fri and Sat night peek season) and there is a sea food buffet across the street we go to every time we go down (around $85 for 2 with drinks) There is a lot of hotels and motels most cost more than I paid you go to the shore for the beach and boardwalk the room is for sleeping and cleaning up. The amount of food places is so numerous I use Yelp to narrow it down.

How is the beach in season? Crowded? Is it kept up looking? Fine sand or coarse? Lol

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I've had the same problem everytime I pull into a gas station, a restaurant, or most any parking lot, someone always has something to say about it, I've never had any negative comments at all. There is something about the uniqueness of the Spyder that just draws looks, and being bright red brings them across the parking lot from a long way off. I've thought of making a recording on my digital recording device, telling the answers to the "usual" questions, ie does it handle like a "regular" motorcycle, what is that? HD, sport bike, cruiser, touring bike, like an Ultra-Classic, or Goldwing, a Boss-Hoss, regular is waaaaay too generic. How comfortable is it? Look at it, the seat is much like a Lazyboy recliner, is it like a Harley, NO, IT is NOT!!! Why red, I want to be seen!! Etc. I am just kidding, I love to talk to folks about it, and people are all curious about it, bikers, little old ladies, kids, people that want to ride, either, again, or for the first time, them I tell that it is much more forgiving than most other bikes, or trikes, either.

Doc

Spyder Garage

I go in the morning we are up by 5 any way so we head to the beach by 9 any spot you want by the afternoon crowded. sand is fine to medium. Water is cleaner than the Jersey Shore. But definitely not as clear as the Bahamas

Spyder Garage

Virginia Beach is nice. Real clean, kept up.

But our city counsel has a problem w thinking it can control certain "undesirable groups" which just pisses off people who think they belong in those groups...so they are drawn to our area and cause trouble.

Example, we have a few minority college groups over the years warned not to visit here...so for spite they visit and cause trouble. So you never know how your weekend will go here? Lol

Our city counsel sucks, they should just let people enjoy their visit.

Oops, I'm done

Spyder Garage

I like to talk about the also but sometimes you just want to enjoy the sun and shore and be left alone with the woman I've be married to for 31 years.
    Last edited by rnharriman; 06-29-2014 at 04:35 PM.

Spyder Garage

Nice

Spyder Garage

I like to talk about the also but sometimes you just want to enjoy the sun and shore and be left alone with the woman I've be married to for 31 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Nice

Wait a minute...you're talking to us?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Kind of partial to the North Carolina beaches. Oh I mean shore for you yanks.

Clear blue water. Clean fine sand beach. We usually go to Atlantic Beach for a day trip. My brother and his family would go to OC every year but got tired of the crowds and prices. Now he goes to Myrtle Beach every year. Says it's far better than OC. In fact, he'll be down there after the 4th. Guess I'll have to take a day trip to see him.

It's funny to see the cars with Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, Pa, and Delaware plates down here at our beaches.

Spyder Garage

We thought Myrtle Beach was pretty rundown and not kept up 2 years ago when we went.

And you think it was better than Ocean City?

Guess I'm spoiled w our beach and how kept up it is.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Kind of partial to the North Carolina beaches. Oh I mean shore for you yanks.

Clear blue water. Clean fine sand beach. We usually go to Atlantic Beach for a day trip. My brother and his family would go to OC every year but got tired of the crowds and prices. Now he goes to Myrtle Beach every year. Says it's far better than OC. In fact, he'll be down there after the 4th. Guess I'll have to take a day trip to see him.

It's funny to see the cars with Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, Pa, and Delaware plates down here at our beaches.
    I thought it was the coast.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Have to agree..!!

with the wife...need a cover for the trailer... We had an event here called "Touch a Truck" where kids come to see, hear, and touch vehilcles. Police, fire, ambulance utilitiy etc. The "Ride for Kids " has a group of spyders there and one guy brought his trailer. Guess where all the kids hung out...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I haven't been to OC in many, many years. So I can't speak to the condition. I can only go on what I'm told by family and friends. I have to say that MB has improved. But in all honesty, when we go, it's mainly for the shows. Now that my wife's uncle lives there, we'll be visiting them more often. They took us to Myrtle Beach State Park beach. That was nice. I don't swim anymore. I just go for the scenery. Last time I was in the water someone yelled great white. I realized they were referring to me. One time I was lying on the beach and they kept trying to push me back in the water.

Spyder Garage

Default Try Wrightsville Beach, near Wilmington

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    I haven't been to OC in many, many years. So I can't speak to the condition. I can only go on what I'm told by family and friends. I have to say that MB has improved. But in all honesty, when we go, it's mainly for the shows. Now that my wife's uncle lives there, we'll be visiting them more often. They took us to Myrtle Beach State Park beach. That was nice. I don't swim anymore. I just go for the scenery. Last time I was in the water someone yelled great white. I realized they were referring to me. One time I was lying on the beach and they kept trying to push me back in the water.
    Was there a couple years ago and impressed with it; almost no highrises, family oriented, no glitz like Myrtle and some others. Spent many vacations at Myrtle and N.Myrtle over the years and watched it outgrow itself. If you want quiet, try Wrightsville.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)