Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GREY.HOUND View Post
    Just for conversation sake, how do I go about buying from a private party if I want my bank to finance? I've always purchased through a dealer.
    Credit Unions are the best option. Logistics (i think that was Boeing....), Star Harbor Credit Union, etc. Anyway, credit unions are easy to join and will finance if your credit is good. I believe they will even loan on used vehicles.

Spyder Garage

yeah, I am part of a credit union. I suppose I should call them this week and ask how it works; but any tips from others about the process would help. Do I tell the credit union I'm buying from a private party, then get a check for the agreed amount? What about the paperwork?

Spyder Garage

yeah, I am part of a credit union. I suppose I should call them this week and ask how it works; but any tips from others about the process would help. Do I tell the credit union I'm buying from a private party, then get a check for the agreed amount? What about the paperwork?
    That's up to your credit union on how they handle it. Give them a call and tell them you're looking at either private party or dealership, see what they say.

I just bought an RT in May and the credit union paperwork was fairly easy but it was through a dealership. BTW, the interest rates beat the heck out of the bank.

I'm in Santa Barbara County, where are you?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I used the same credit union as CentralCoastCA (Barbara) and the rate was awesome. Just give yourself plenty of time to get all of the paperwork done as they aren't using the most up to date systems for processing loans. (Star Harbor Federal Credit Union)
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

heres this off ebay now. 2013 new rss se5 14849 look it up on ebay.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Just for conversation sake, how do I go about buying from a private party if I want my bank to finance? I've always purchased through a dealer.
    Pre-arrange with the bank for financing. Tell them you are buying from the private party. They will arrange the final signing with both you and the seller. They collect the title, the seller gets the check, and you get the . You will be assured you are getting a clean title this way.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Pre-arrange with the bank for financing. Tell them you are buying from the private party. They will arrange the final signing with both you and the seller. They collect the title, the seller gets the check, and you get the . You will be assured you are getting a clean title this way.
    This approach is the best as long as the two financial institutions work together.

The buyer giving the cash to the seller and waiting for the title and hoping the seller does his work can make you nervous.
    I did this and had to wait 5 weeks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi GREY'

Re: I want my bank to finance? I've always purchased through a dealer.

I would recommend that you to talk to your banker. He should be able to tell you how to go about it.

Fairly simple IMO,

Jerry Baumchen

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CentralCoastCA View Post
    Nils, I saw a white RT with a group of motorcycles at the bottom of Cuesta Grade on Southbound Hwy 101, was that you? We were northbound......

We only went as far north as Atascadero then hit Hwy 46 over to Hwy 1- 98 degrees on 101, 68 degrees on Hwy 1, but still a great ride.
    We where not on our Spyders.
    We got of the freeway at the 46. You guys where just going under the freeway heading toward the beach. We are leaving for Durango in the morning.

2014 RTS SE6 White
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka front shocks supplied by Pitbull Power sports.
    Aligned By Squared Away
    Smooth Spyder belt tensioner
    Sprderpops Bump skid
    BRP TRI AXSIS Handle bars
    Luggage rack
    2013 STS SE5 Circuit Yellow. The Jenny Mobile!

Spyder Garage

Default Bank

I did this a couple of times. One bank that I worked with was perfectly fine with securing a loan through them with a private party. The seller and I both went to my bank to sign documents and exchange key/check (convenient because we were only two and half hours apart). This was four years ago.

Then, I wanted to do it again last year. I couldn't get my bank to do it. They said that I had to go through a dealer to purchase. I contacted the local dealer and offered to pay them a fee to provide this service. The first dealer said fine, we will charge you $1500 to do it. They were going to purchase the bike from the seller, complete a dealer service and then sell me the bike. Seller was ticked and wouldn't help pay any of it so I moved on...(seller actually sold seven months later for $2200 less than I was giving them and I only wanted them to pay half of dealer fee). I did talk to my two local dealers here in Ohio and they said they would do that for a fee of $350...of course this was docs only, no dealer purchase, service and then resell. They called it more of a consignment and that was a fee they would charge to process paperwork.

Hope this information helps.

Spyder Garage

Default Bike

Local dealer has a 2009 RS SE-5 with just under 20,000 miles. Their asking price is just under $14k. I will probably test ride it this week, they offered. It looks to be in good overall shape and they have been a Spyder dealer for years, maybe since the spyder's inception.
    Thanks,
    Sean

I know you are in Cali but my brother-in-law has a 2009 Red SE5 with less than 5000 miles on it asking price $10,000 OBO. It is all stock except for a $1000 stereo system...

So, I am sure you can do much better or you could ship his out to you. I shipped one from Florida to Ohio for $450.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the replies, I should call my credit union tomorrow. "

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Spyder Garage

Well, called my credit union. Simple process: bring the seller in and they take care of all the paperwork including DMV. No out of state transactions; private or dealer.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The warrenty does depend on when it was initially bought. mine just ran out this month on my 09 as I bought it in june 2010.