Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spray Cleaner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD1 View Post
    I use ICE spray wax and cleaner and have for years. In the spots that accumulate a lot of bugs I use Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover (it is also a wax). This really makes it easy to clean the bugs off after applied.
    +1 for Ice spray wax and also Eagle One Wet & Wax. Both can be used on the windshield and black parts. Eagle One smells best tho!
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Default Honda Spray

I also use Honda Spray Cleaner that was recommended from the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Topshotta View Post
    Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish $5.50 a can

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmwlarry View Post
    I use a Honda spray detail product

I think you should be banned from Spyderlovers!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Today I bought some ICE spray detailer and Lucas SlickMist. At BRP-OE I'll get some XPS and use it when these are empty.

Thanks for the input, folks.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE
    As is Meguiar's Quick Detailer..
    [/QUOTE]
    Meguiar's is my choice too! Great minds thin alike, BOB!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    This is what I use now too. A Harley friend gave me a can and it works really well I think.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Meguiars quick detailer. I use it on just about every powersport machine I own....good stuff!

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    This is what I use. Many dealers use this product to detail the bikes in their showrooms.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Topshotta View Post
    Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish $5.50 a can
    I use Honda polish too.

JT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The XPS cleaner and the cleaner box kit are not in stock at BRP. I checked with Velocity when I was down there, they don't have any either. Nor does my local dealer. Don't know what's going on in Canada.

Regarding the Matte finish, one of the guys with us two weeks ago was using something but I can't remember what it was. Chemical Guys sells Meticulous Matte Detailer and Spray Sealant. www.chemicalguys.com

Spyder Garage

Default Matte finsh

[QUOTE=sddinnh;825450]I'm waiting for someone with a satin finish to check in. There's a big warning on my frunk lid saying not to use wax on the finish, but it doesn't say what you should use.[/QUOTE
    Know you live near Seacoast Harley they sell Black denim cleaner works great on my bike.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kbdenim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sddinnh View Post
    I'm waiting for someone with a satin finish to check in. There's a big warning on my frunk lid saying not to use wax on the finish, but it doesn't say what you should use.
    Know you live near Seacoast Harley they sell Black denim cleaner works great on my bike.
    Thanks - That's something I'll check out

Spyder Garage

+1 Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailed

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I use a product called Bass Boat Saver. Been using it on my boat for years. Leaves no residue on black surfaces, removes road grime and bugs with ease. Costs about $29 a gallon. That's lasts me several years cleaning a boat. I've never found a better spray on product.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Ashley View Post
    Lemon Pledge. You should see how shiny my Spyder is!
    Been using Lemon pledge for years on motorcycles, airplanes, cars, RV's. Works great on windshields. If there is mud or sand rinse it off first then wipe down with pledge and a clean rag.. Any detailer from an auto parts store will do the same thing.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default wax

Quote Originally Posted by sddinnh View Post
    I'm waiting for someone with a satin finish to check in. There's a big warning on my frunk lid saying not to use wax on the finish, but it doesn't say what you should use.
    I was told soup & water only! I f you use any of the spray cleaners it will turn your bike shiny.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gary lester View Post
    I was told soup & water only! I f you use any of the spray cleaners it will turn your bike shiny.
    I hear cream of mushroom works well.

Please don't be offended. I could just as easily have made that same spelling error. But I just thought it was darn funny.

Cheers, Gary

Spyder Garage

Default Cycle Care products

I also use the Cycle Care Formula 33 on my sypder. Works really well on getting bugs and grime off. Will usually go back over it with Turtle Wax Ice. Gives it a really nice shine.

Spyder Garage

Default Just got some

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Sounds like "Original Bike Spirits". That's what I use. It used to be called "Honda Spray And Clean". Honda lost the exclusive rights to it. This is where I get mine.

http://www.shop.shinhopples.com/cate...?categoryId=17

Great people to deal with. Tell them the couple with the Yellow Spyder sent you. They really liked it. Tom
    I just got some of that today when I was at Don's today getting an oil change kit for the 14, so I can get mine changed this week before starting out for the owners event next Saturday. Never realized how much oil the new 1330 holds almost 8 qts .....wow no wonder you can go longer between oil changes.

Bob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Sounds like "Original Bike Spirits". That's what I use. It used to be called "Honda Spray And Clean". Honda lost the exclusive rights to it.
    My boss gave me a can of it.
    Not sure I like it,the stuff is greasy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had a mobile auto detailing business for years as my second but most lucrative job. I never found too many magic bullets but some products do work better and now adays there are some really good ones out there. At state fairs you see the barker selling "the ultimate car wax", 2 for $20 usually but I have seen it sold higher. Its good, but not better than most products sold at auto stores. The rule of thumb is: read the bottle/box to be sure it is designed for your use and do not use it for anything other that tested.

I have my favorites:
    1. Simple turtle wash/wax for routine cleaning. When on the road I carry and use Turtle Wax Ice detailer spray on all the plastic parts.
    2. When the water stops beading or if I do a simple cut polish for a scuff I use Turtle Wax Ice Wax with "dirt repellant". It works on everything but the windshield and the tires. It dries clear, can be used in directed sunlight, leaves no haze and buffs up with no effort at all. This stuff is the best, even surpassing McGuire's professional products for ease of use and equal to in quality as far as I can determine.
    3. The windshield only gets water and/or Plexus polish and soft, freshly laundered cotton towels. If you final buff with up and down strokes it helps to shed the water off of the windscreen. There is a special hardener coating on the shield that is easily stripped if you use the wrong products.... like pledge, dryer sheets, body waxes and so on.
    4. On the tires I use Turtle was Tire Black, amazing stuff. It is not silicone or slippery. It looks like liquid black shoe polish and lasts for months. I leaves the tires looking natural but a nice black that dry's hard and flexible.
    5. On leather I use products for that purpose that put oils back in to keep seats from cracking and fading. Stock seats can be cleaned and waxed with the detailer spray.

Everything else on our rigs fit somewhere in these categories. Now everyone has their opinion but do watch to see that the product is rated for its use and applied as directed. Modern paints are amazing compared to what we had in the 60's and prior. Especially the stuff being used in the last 3 -4 decades, cared for carefully they look as good as new for what seems to be forever.
    Last edited by bluestratos; 06-16-2014 at 09:10 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NoLmtz View Post
    My father-in-law turned me on to FW1 (http://www.fw1shine.com/) and it works great and has carnuba wax in the compound. The only downside is it's about $20 per can and I have to order it... can't find it in any stores.

Because I was in need of some recently and didn't order any of the FW1, I decided to try Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere (http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...-wax-anywhere/). It works great, though, it's a wax activator, not a wax, therefore, I don't think it's as good as the FW1.

I haven't tried Plexus but based on the ingredients in the MSDS it is primarily a potent cleaner. For now, I'm an advocate for FW1 as the best cleaner / wax I'm aware of.

Jon

I have to change my story thanks to all the posts... this past weekend I picked up some Honda Pro Spray & Wax Cleaner... wow!!! Waaaaayyyy better than the Meguiar's I had been using and seems to be the same as the FW1 I had mentioned, but at 25% of the cost!!

Great stuff, love the shine, depth and feel! Thank you to all you die-hards that posted about the Honda stuff... awesome cleaner!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This thread reminded me to pick up a fresh bottle on the way home!...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk