Spyder Garage

Default mirror attachment???

Was riding when I noticed my mirror was falling. Only one spring holding it on. DEALER has to order them. Has any one used a different way to attach them?
    Its a 2011RT
    THANKS
    Last edited by 78OldRide; 06-11-2014 at 06:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default info

2011RT
    Last edited by 78OldRide; 06-11-2014 at 06:52 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default As I see it..!!

thats it...many have gone before you and many will follow but they will not change the system...!!
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 78OldRide View Post
    2011RT
    My 2013 left mirror came loose while on the highway. I probably broke the stupid plastic seat on the mirror assembly when I installed an LED strip on each mirror so I would know when my turn signal is on. The replacement part from the BRP parts website - and this is a piece of plastic about the size of a Quarter - is $12.95!! On my dealer's parts inventory it was $7.99! Still a rip, but I would rather spend my money with my dealer than BRP. Of course they did not have the parts in stock, so my left mirror is being held on by a bungee cord. Pretty embarrassing when someone asks me what the bungee cord is for.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Mirror

Ok thanks I took mirror off before it hit pavement. Blind on one side. Maybe Velcro super glue duct tape.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    My 2013 left mirror came loose while on the highway. I probably broke the stupid plastic seat on the mirror assembly when I installed an LED strip on each mirror so I would know when my turn signal is on. The replacement part from the BRP parts website - and this is a piece of plastic about the size of a Quarter - is $12.95!! On my dealer's parts inventory it was $7.99! Still a rip, but I would rather spend my money with my dealer than BRP. Of course they did not have the parts in stock, so my left mirror is being held on by a bungee cord. Pretty embarrassing when someone asks me what the bungee cord is for.
    If anyone ever needs them that is local just stop by. We always keep a few in stock.
    About every third or forth time we take mirrors off for people we find one of them partially broken and replace it.
    I think sometimes the Tech's at dealerships are not that careful taking mirrors off. I have taken them off our own RT at least 100 times, most times just to show people how it's done and ours are still fine. Probably break the next time.
    Rick
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Every time I took mine off and reinstalled them reminded me of how poor the set up is. I was waiting for the day one of them broke loose but fortunately it never happened. I'm surprised they haven't change how they attach yet.

Spyder Garage

Default mirror attachment???

I remade the wires that are part of the plastic round parts, they seemed to be the weak links. you can attach a landyard to the mirror and body as well. it will catch the mirror should the "cheesy" mounts fail.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rick_w View Post
    If anyone ever needs them that is local just stop by. We always keep a few in stock.
    About every third or forth time we take mirrors off for people we find one of them partially broken and replace it.
    I think sometimes the Tech's at dealerships are not that careful taking mirrors off. I have taken them off our own RT at least 100 times, most times just to show people how it's done and ours are still fine. Probably break the next time.
    Rick
    Rick,
    How much would a full set of replacements cost?
    Thanks...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Why instead of the brittle top plastic piece for top stud , don,t they make it from stainless or spring steel, JT you could sell these for sure.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Rick,
    How much would a full set of replacements cost?
    Thanks...
    http://parts.spyder.brp.com/Index.as..._id=1&siteid=1

For the plastic top piece, $7.99 and for the "wired" bottom piece, $14.99 each...plus shipping at $6.99. This is for the 2012 RT-S.

I have three extra top pieces which I'm trying to get a return credit on. If you need one, holler at me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Could anyone figure out how to use screws like they do on the windshield or on the water and air deflectors? Screws are good. They are simple.

Spyder Garage

I used Gorilla Glue until I can replace the part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default PLASTIC

Wound up breaking a couple of tabs on the housing of the mirror last time i had them off, wondering if the chrome cover pieces i see for sale online will be all i need? I followed Spyderpops advice and use a dab of antiseize on them but i guess i dont' know my own strength housing kind of came apart. seems to stay put when i snapped it back together but i noticed a couple of flat black plastic tabs came from somewhere on the floor afterward...
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White