Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool Tour of Honor -- West Virginia

I just completed our WV 'Tour of Honor' trip report by producing the following ProShow video. Here's our recent 3 1/2 day (3-6 April), 1300+ mile trip condensed into less than 13 minutes.
    Added some short 1 minute videos ryding to each of the seven sites along with pictures and informaiton about each memorial visited.

Definitely the 2014 Tour to Remember.... Enjoy!!

If I remember correctly, these video links don't seem to show on IPADs... So here's another link to try if it doesn't show!

http://vimeo.com/93656533spyderryder/wv-tourofhonor

Spyder Garage

Nice job! Looks like you had a great trip and produced a very cool video to document it. What camera did you use to be able to produce the video with the map and GPS info?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Petrol Blue 2020 RT Limited

Additions:
    Lamonster Mount 2.0 with Dual Power Lamonster Mirror locks
    RAM Mount Universal X-Grip® Cell Phone Holder Convex Mirrors
    Previously owned:
    Can Am Spyder RT 2014, Timeless Black
    Kawasaki Concours 14
    Kawasaki KZ440

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Dash Cam Used for ProShow!!

Thanks!! I got it off ebay based on a suggestion from my brother. He bought three (one for his GoldWing, two for his vehicles). I ended up purchasing two (one for the Spyder and one for my Jeep). I had my dealer hard wire the dash cam to the Spyder battery so it's permanently wired now. It's a great mini camera system which records @ 1080HD & has GPS sensor to record location data. Here's the ebay link to the vendor where we bought ours. There are several vendors on ebay selling the same product, but this is the only US based vendor and there is no shipping cost.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-Dash-Cam-...item4d14dfab99

When I bought mine, they were listed for $119 but selling for $99. I made an offer to buy two @ $85 dollars each which was excepted. Like I said, the vendor has free shipping. The dash cams take up to 32BG mini-SD cards which you'll need to purchase separately. I bought 5 cards @ Best Buy and swap then out for multi-day trips.

You can download the software from the manufacturer's web site..(http://www.ojocam.com/). You can check out the videos on the vendors ebay site. It also shows you the web cam and software in action. I used my SNAGIT software to record the parts of the ryde I wanted. One 32 GB card will record over 5 hours of HD video... I recorded our entire 1300+ mile WV Tour of Honor trip and 500+ VA Tour of Honor trip. Dash cam is so much easier to use than my GoPro.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by spyder4335 View Post
    Nice job! Looks like you had a great trip and produced a very cool video to document it. What camera did you use to be able to produce the video with the map and GPS info?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Full screen viewing

Not sure why Vimeo links won't allow maximize to full screen. I have the setting in Vimeo to allow full screen viewing of my videos, but they never are able to go to full screen. Anyway, if interested in viewing in full screen, you can click on the VIMEO in bottom right to view full screen from their site. I may be biased, but i think it's better viewing @ full screen....

Spyder Garage

Default Nice job!

Great video - thanks for sharing

That little dash cam does a good job for the $'s. Where did you mount it on your RT?

Thank you for your service!
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 05-03-2014 at 10:06 AM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Dash Cam Used for ProShow!!

Thanks! I mounted the dash cam on the inside of the wind shield as low as I could while it's in the lowered position. Dash cam is basically centered near the top of the two windshield brackets. I first tried using their so called 'permanent' adhesive pads, but they came off within a few days... I purchased super strength Velcro strips from Radio Shack. These work out very well allowing me to remove the dash cam and GPS device when I wash the Spyder or if I ryde in heavy rain. Then I can wrap the USB cable with a zip lock bag and a rubber band when necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by JLSpyder2012 View Post
    Great video - thanks for sharing

That little dash cam does a good job for the $'s. Where did you mount it on your RT?

Thank you for your service!

Spyder Garage

Can you show a picture on how you mounted. I like the camera and might be ordering one soon.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the great explanation. I'll have to investigate. I have a GoPro but this is intriguing.

Petrol Blue 2020 RT Limited

Additions:
    Lamonster Mount 2.0 with Dual Power Lamonster Mirror locks
    RAM Mount Universal X-Grip® Cell Phone Holder Convex Mirrors
    Previously owned:
    Can Am Spyder RT 2014, Timeless Black
    Kawasaki Concours 14
    Kawasaki KZ440

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Pictures of Dash Cam Install

Sorry for delay in posting in reply to your request for pictures, it's been a hectic week.... The wiring for the dash cam as you may already know is a 12 volt DC power adapter. I purchased two items from Radio Shack for the install: 1) Female DC power adapter with clips to connect to Spyder battery posts, 2) Super strength Velco strips to replace windshield mounting adhesive pads. Need to make sure there is plenty of wire slack to allow the windshield to be raised. With direct connection to the battery, need to make sure the dash cam is shut off prior to leaving the Spyder or when not running. If you have any questions, let me know!!!

IMG_0528 (Medium).jpgIMG_0525 (Medium).jpgIMG_0524 (Medium).jpgIMG_0523 (Medium).jpgIMG_0522 (Medium).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    Can you show a picture on how you mounted. I like the camera and might be ordering one soon.