Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Exhaust question

I have read the majority of the posts concerning after market exhaust/ mufflers, and I am a little confused.
    Is there an after market model that does not require re mapping , juice boxes etc? I am not a mechanic, so other then a simple swap/ install is not in the cards for me.
    I have 2010 RS, SM so I am not sure if I am limited to certain manufacturers.
    Thanks
    Last edited by PLZDVM; 04-20-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PLZDVM View Post
    I have read the majority of the posts concerning after market exhaust/ mufflers, and I am a little confused.
    Is there an after market model that does not require re mapping , juice boxes etc? I am not a mechanic, so other then a simple swap/ install is not in the cards for me.
    I have 2010 RS, so I am not sure if I am limited to certain manufacturers.
    Thanks
    I have an HMF and it did not require any additional mods. I would highly recommend the pipe to anyone that is in the market. It is by far the best price and the build quality is verygood as well.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you have an SE or an SM?
    While either will be totally fine with just a pipe change with no fuel adders, The SM seems to be a little more forgiving when it comes to less noticeable decel/gear change popping. Some of the SE machines can be a bit more Finicky.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

I had a hindle on my 2011 RSS with no problems. I do still happen to have this exhaust for sale if you are interested private message me.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

Default exhaust

y
    Thanks
    you can get one from spyder1attitude that you don't have to do anything but take old one off and new one goes back in same SPOT AND SOUNDS GREAT

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-dude View Post
    I had a hindle on my 2011 RSS with no problems. I do still happen to have this exhaust for sale if you are interested private message me.
    PM sent...

Spyder Garage

Default Exhaust

Thanks

Hello,
    I have the HMF exhaust on my bike with the stock air intake. No remapping or juice boxes needed if you install only the pipe. I have heard that if you install a pipe AND modify the air intake then you will need a fuel modifier such as a juice box.
    For me, having just the pipe is perfect. Great sound, much louder than stock, it will make people look. I have an SE5 so I do get some popping (not all the time) on deceleration, but I like it.
    Installing the HMF pipe was relatively simple, but you will need some tools to do this.
    2010 Full Moon Silver RS SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Varies..!!

Another one for the Hindel. Many don't but the shops seem to sell them together. The off road competition pipes do but the common sound ehancing pipes don't. You have much of the popping in the stock pipe but don't hear it. If you stay away from racing pipes you will be fine. Just do let them tell you you need it. I have modified the air and exhaust systems and don't have a fuel controller. You tube has a nice assortment of pipe sounds for spyders...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool Thanks

Thank you for the info, going with the spyder1attitude duel, I guess I can always switch it out when I go in for the yearly inspection, lol
    Thanks again everyone
    Phil