Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelover63 View Post
    I worked at a BMW dealer and they were having problems with their door panels leather bubbling...The replacement panels had a very visible different grain and did not really match the other panels...BMW's answer was "its a cosmetic issue",and they would not replace all panels to match..If the wheel is the same design,"its a cosmetic issue" in their mind....
    You are correct. This is exactly how they are viewing it. You know, I was really angry at first, both at the dealer for starting the whole thing by messing up the wheel, then at BRP for treating me badly and not supporting their product. So what if it is a 2009 model? That doesn't give you license to treat people like that. I think that is unacceptable. I bought 2 of these machines. And the thing you must remember it this; They showed the wheel as being available in their brand new catalog. if the wheel is not available any longer, DO NOT OFFER IT AS AVAILABLE IN YOUR BRAND NEW CATALOG.

But it is elementary; I am out of luck. And I am making my peace with it. Such is life. Customer service is a dead art. At least I can still ride. I will graciously take the rear tire replacement, as it will at least offset things a bit, and as it turns out, I need one anyway. I'll deal with the wheels in due time. It's just that I take pride in my machines and I do the best I can to keep them looking good, and this just cuts a little because it's something that I didn't cause. With any luck I will be able to off these things at some point and get another bike.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is this your rim ? If so tell the dealer to buy it for you (he can keep the spare)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Can-Am-Spyde...1f0d74&vxp=mtr

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yessir, that be the one! But I'm done with it. I'll just take the rear tire and will deal with the wheels myself at a later date. I'm just done with it. Appreciate ya, though. It's nice to know that they are still out there.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry about your situation. I am sure if you send BRP Care an email you would get a response. They are very helpful in answering questions and resolving issues.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Yessir, that be the one! But I'm done with it. I'll just take the rear tire and will deal with the wheels myself at a later date. I'm just done with it. Appreciate ya, though. It's nice to know that they are still out there.
    http://brp.leadersmarine.com/home_brp.asp is selling those rims they are a Can Am dealer. Some one is feeding you bul....

I have bought a lot of my Can Am gear from them. If you wait too long you probably will not find those rims just sayin'. You can get a Kumho tire installed for ~$100 Make 'em pay I say.
    Last edited by Magdave; 02-07-2014 at 10:53 PM.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Raptor...I feel your pain....my 2013 has been falling apart...every time I talk to my Case worker...he try's to make me feel good about what the dealer is going to do to fix the Spyder....Case worker try's to make me think BRP is doing me a favor for repairing the Spyder at no cost....I believe it is BRP's responsibility to repair what is broke on a brand new machine ....in the beginning everything is peachy...but after Spyder is fixed...it's all about how I should be appreciative that BRP paid for it...case worker makes me believe BRP is going to help me out. making almost promises and then tells me that is not what he said....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Raptor...I feel your pain....my 2013 has been falling apart...every time I talk to my Case worker...he try's to make me feel good about what the dealer is going to do to fix the Spyder....Case worker try's to make me think BRP is doing me a favor for repairing the Spyder at no cost....I believe it is BRP's responsibility to repair what is broke on a brand new machine ....in the beginning everything is peachy...but after Spyder is fixed...it's all about how I should be appreciative that BRP paid for it...case worker makes me believe BRP is going to help me out. making almost promises and then tells me that is not what he said....
    Suggest you tell case worker, "this call is being monitored and recorded for quality purposes!" (And "fabrication" control.)

arntufun

If this happened to me I would have taken the new rim....... There is no way to see both fronts sides of the rims ( while they are on the bike) at the same time so nobody would have been the wiser.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I don't disagree very often, but feel that BRP should not have to cover the mistake made by the dealer in damaging your wheel. I do give the dealer credit for standing up and admitting they did it. The fact that parts change from 2009 to present is a common thing. I do agree that someone needs to cover for a matched set--but this time it should fall on the dealer--IMO.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    If this happened to me I would have taken the new rim....... There is no way to see both fronts sides of the rims ( while they are on the bike) at the same time so nobody would have been the wiser.
    I thought about that, but the problem is the new wheel is unfinished, i.e. no clear-coat finishing. Yes, they actually sent an unfinished wheel. It would look pretty bad, and it would just drive me crazy. I have decided to not burn any more of my precious time on the matter, the situation is lost. Looking at the bigger picture, at least I am still riding, and that is what counts. It could be much worse. A solution to the wheel issue will come at some point. It will be on me to make it happen, that's all. Not right, but it is what it is. As mentioned, down the road perhaps by some stroke of luck I can just get the thing and BRP out of my life.
    Meanwhile, I have my 2011 Suzuki FA, which I have put 47,000 miles on in almost 2 years with not... one... problem. She's my horse!
    Last edited by Raptor; 02-08-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Hi Ann! No, I have not. Based on how I have been treated so far, I doubt anyone there would even read the thing. I may consider it at some point, but for now I just don't want to keep beating this dead horse. They just don't care, even though this is supposed to be a rare machine; number 14 of only 500 Phantoms ever built. That doesn't mean anything to me now. Why should it? Apparently it means absolutely nothing to them.

But it's a good suggestion and I will probably do it. I will try to find where to send the letter and see where that goes. That way I know that at least I have tried every option. Thanks!
    BRP has never answered an Email from me. I have gotten 2 responses to letters I wrote directly to the CEO. You might try that. I am told that he reads every letter that he gets. Info follows:

Mr. Jose Boisjoli, CEO
    BRP Products
    726 Saint-Joseph Strret
    Valcort, Quebec
    Joe 2LO

At least I got a couple of phone calls and was able to have some work done on my Spyder & BRP picked up the tab. If we all make enough noise, maybe something will be done. Good Luck.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

It's not BRP's fault it's your dealers, tell them to pay up and buy you two new rims and be done with it. BRP is not perfect but they are right is this case, but some people are not thinking straight. BRP did nothing wrong and really it shouldn't involve them, and I’m sure you weren’t being so nice to them either. If they were to pay for all these issues that are not their fault just to get you off their back, they would be out of business. There are some people that will never be happy. As far as product listings in catalogs, well products in catalogs get changed and discontinued all the time, they are not going to re-print everything when something changes. Which is usually why the put the statement that says, "Products And Specifications Are Subject To Change Without Notice"!! So it was nice that your dealer admitted to making the mistake, but they are not such a great dealer if they won’t pay to fix their mistake the right way. BRP is not giving you the run around, your dealer is!!

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Worse that it was an "unfinished" wheel..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Raptor,
    Have you reached your conclusion to this matter yet?
    How is your bike riding?
    Your Season must be in full swing by now!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black