Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ivorspyder View Post
    Absolutely right Scotty.The analysis in this thread is worse than those broadcasters analysing any game in the NFL.

ivor

2020 RTL

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Arrow I see a bell but it doesn't ring.*

Bell curve

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Bell curve

I see a board but it does not walk.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

dislike the happenings.... but pleased the bike is back on the road....what is needed is quality control
    Last edited by flamingobabe; 02-27-2014 at 01:10 PM.

Spyder Garage

SPYDERGATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

2014 RTS SE6 White
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka front shocks supplied by Pitbull Power sports.
    Aligned By Squared Away
    Smooth Spyder belt tensioner
    Sprderpops Bump skid
    BRP TRI AXSIS Handle bars
    Luggage rack
    2013 STS SE5 Circuit Yellow. The Jenny Mobile!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    A Bell; certainly couldn't have hurt...
    That reminds me that I have a bell that needs to be installed on my new Spyder.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by sharp View Post
    My guess is the dealer screwed something up and the BRP tech is covering for them. Why else would the dealer pay part of the tow.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default happy

i am also happy his bike is running right BUT REALLY wouldn't you want to know what was done to your bike. i am sure someone from BRP has read this word for word but has not said anything, the posts will calm down but i think the tread should stay open till BRP responds with a reasonable answer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

There's an old Texas saying; "Some folks would gripe if you hung them with a new rope." Seems to me like some of that's going on here. I'd like to point out 3 things about this situation that it seems like we are mostly ignoring.

1) BRP stepped up to the plate and fixed the problem. I rode BMW's for a long time and still own 2 of them. I bet you that BMW wouldn't have flown a technician from Germany to fix one problem and I doubt that Honda would have, either. Or for that matter, Ford, Chevrolet, etc. BRP has, in fact, stood behind their products as well, if not better, than any company that I'm familiar with.

2) We don't know what they did to fix SAPD911's Spyder so we also don't know why they aren't disclosing the fix. I doubt BRP likes the cloak and dagger aspect of this any more than we do, so there must be a pretty good reason for it. I'm sure the lawyer types on here can think of a number of good reasons for them to keep the fix under cover, at least temporarily. Before we get too upset about it, we might wait a couple of weeks or months and see if BRP might be a little more forthcoming at a later date.

3) In all the chatter about dealerships and their responsibilities, it seems to me that the fact that SAPD911's original dealership, Family Powersports of San Angelo, Texas, did a very good job. BRP's technician apparently did all the work but they still worked him in with no notice at all and provided him with floor space in their shop and, I expect, with tools to work with. They also reimbursed SAPD911 for the money he was out on a tow charge which they didn't have to do. Family Powersports is my dealership, also, and they have always done a good job for me and been above board with all the dealings I have had with them. They have an excellent group of employees from great mechanics to friendly and knowledgeable sales people and management. I'd hate for their reputation to take any hits over this situation. The Austin dealership which refused to look at SAPD's Spyder is a different story, but Family Powersports of San Angelo is an upright group that stands behind their work, their products, and their customers.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

Default Glad it's fixed

Further confirmation that I'll keep my '11 and wait for 2015. Get the bugs worked out! I hate first year anything.

2011 Spyder RT A&C SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post
    There's an old Texas saying; "Some folks would gripe if you hung them with a new rope." Seems to me like some of that's going on here. I'd like to point out 3 things about this situation that it seems like we are mostly ignoring.

1) BRP stepped up to the plate and fixed the problem. I rode BMW's for a long time and still own 2 of them. I bet you that BMW wouldn't have flown a technician from Germany to fix one problem and I doubt that Honda would have, either. Or for that matter, Ford, Chevrolet, etc. BRP has, in fact, stood behind their products as well, if not better, than any company that I'm familiar with.

They absolutely would if they were investigating a problem that was starting to look like a pattern. Have seen it myself with 2001 Z06 Corvettes that were burning oil and ended up having to be re-ringed. My guess is that if this is a pattern we'll see a recall here pretty soon.

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Note: if memory serves me, it was not the dealer he purchased the spyder from that will be rembursing him for his out of pocket exspenses. While he(the OP) did not specifically state who it was, he indicated it was the dealer who declined to help him. A small point perhaps. Just trying to keep things straight. If I'm wrong. I'll own it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default UPDATE BRP FINALLY SAID WHAT WAS WRONG

Got a call from "Danny"s boss from BRP. He shared what was wrong with my bike and said the problem was a retaining clip that was improperly installed (upside down) on the sylenoid (sp). He said the retaining clip was then put in the proper way and nothing else was damaged or replaced. A software run was conducted and no issues there. He said no parts were damaged either.

He said he wanted to make sure the masses of the 14 Spyder do not have this same issue and so far its isolated too very few. He said other transmission problems that they have seen are not like mine.
    He went onto say that I am covered for 4 years instead of two which I think I already was with the best warranty. He is also asked what I would like to see on a future spyder model? I couldn't even think and said make the backrest standard, lol.

So hopefully no on else has this issue. I feel confident BRP is telling the truth and I am 100% satisfied now. Thank you BRP for making it right! Although French people are hard to understand lol.

And too clarify, the dealer that is reimbursing me is my local dealer, not the one who sold me the bike. Kudos to San Angelo Powersports for going above and beyond, thank you, you have earned my future business.
    Last edited by SAPD911; 02-27-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default well

Quote Originally Posted by SAPD911 View Post
    Got a call from "Danny"s boss from BRP. He shared what was wrong with my bike and said the problem was a retaining clip that was improperly installed (upside down) on the sylenoid (sp). He said the retaining clip was then put in the proper way and nothing else was damaged or replaced. A software run was conducted and no issues there.

He said he wanted to make sure the masses of the 14 do not have this same issue and so far its isolated too very few. He went onto say that I am covered for 4 years instead of two which I think I already was with the best warranty.

So hopefully no on else has this issue.
    at least we know what it was now, i would really like to be told WE DON'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS AND ARE LOOKING INTO IT rather than we can't tell you. at least now if it happens again they will know what to look for.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did we really need a "curtain" and "confidentiality" for all that?? Just a straight forward answer would have saved several pages of comments! IMHO.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have merged everything to the first post so people don't have to read for hrs, lol.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for passing along, "The rest of the Story"
    But it DID give us all something to fret about for a while!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default first

i didn't want to add to confusion b4 but i didn't know retaining clips had a wrong and right way to install. i personally think you might of gotten a new trany and yours was brought back and stripped to see what was wrong and than you got a answer. lets hope not many others were done this way because people are going to start traveling now and we don't need people being stuck all over the country, good luck

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Figured it would be something stupid like that. Flying the tech down was to corner something that "could" be a potential problem, now they know what to look for so this will be a running check down the line to make sure it wont show up again. Case closed!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

does the best warrant cover the tranny and clutch? He said he added another 2 yrs so I get 4 years total on the warranty/ I already had that free when I bought the bike?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SAPD911 View Post
    does the best warrant cover the tranny and clutch? He said he added another 2 yrs so I get 4 years total on the warranty/ I already had that free when I bought the bike?
    http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/promoti...les-event.html

Anyone that bought one recently got the 2 years free.

Yes it covers that.

http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/...d-service.html

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Just to clarify transmission retaining clips do have a bevel on one side this would indicate a right or wrong side and could come off creating a problem.
    BRP did a stand up job to get the OP back on the road as well as to diaignose the problem for any future units.
    I hope all the new 14 RT owners can ride and enjoy their new Spyders problem free.
    Mike

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that BRP communicated with you and they finally told you what the problem was. The whole situation could have been come to a quick end, if the information would have been a little more forthcoming.

It appears the SL is a pretty big force when it comes to Spyders.

I do appreciate the pro active stance that BRP is taking lately. Hoping this all trickles down to better quality control and product that is less troublesome at times.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good job BRP!

Spyder Garage

And in other news.............