Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bulletin 2013-9

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Old news if you haven't had it done see your dealer. They will wrap your canister and MC and also install a heat shield.

Little quick on the trigger with misinformation there Mr. Dave.

Cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by frenchek View Post
    you can get your ecm up-date in pa--there are no emission tests for motorcycles or diesel engines--only cars and trucks with gasoline engines
    Thanks good to know!

Spyder Garage

The update is real. The fuse box covers are not shipping yet. Got the tune update on Louise new RT-S this morning before we took delivery. Since her bike is different than mine in other ways, cannot offer a before / after comparison yet. But the new bike runs fine and I had no gas fumes today. But it was in the 50s and never sat in S&G traffic.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I bought my Spyder in Cali, so that means it's a CARB vehicle and this new update won't fix anything? Or can I just not get the update in this state? If I drive to Arizona can I get it done there?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    I bought my Spyder in Cali, so that means it's a CARB vehicle and this new update won't fix anything? Or can I just not get the update in this state? If I drive to Arizona can I get it done there?

Its worth the phone call!

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

excited to hear this news....so I guess I'll have the updates done the same time I have the O2 sensor problem fixed....seems to me that every time I take the bike out...something happens...this is 700 miles from home...Mark is coming to get me truck n trailer...my Trailer Queen Spyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    States adopting the California standards include Arizona (2012 model year),[1] Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico (2011 model year), New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia.[2][3] Such states are frequently referred to as "CARB states" in automotive discussions because the regulations are defined by the California Air Resources Board
    Arizona (2012 model year) ????????? does this mean it only applys to 2012 and will not affect the 2013. Emission checks are no longer required for motorcycles in PIMA county and a lot of the rest of AZ

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mowerman View Post
    This was posted on Spyder techs web site.

Service Bulletin #2013-9 for all 2013 Spyders! Service Bulletin #2013-9 for all 2013 Spyders!

There is a newly released bulletin for all 2013 Spyders. It's a three part Bulletin: 1) Resealing of the Front Fuse Boxes and new Fuse Box Covers. 2) ECM Software Update. 3) Replacement of Upper Belt Guard retaining screws on RS & ST models.

I've installed the ECM Software on a unit this morning... What a difference this makes!

We have the Fuse Box Covers, Guard Screws and related parts on order and should see them next week. Based on where they are coming from, we should see them around 1/30/14 ~ 1/31/14. So make sure you make an appointment with Chris Malone @ (360) 636-1220 to get this awesome update performed on your (2013 Only!) Spyder.

Roadster Warranty Bulletin 2013-9

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk