Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 2014 Delay Issue

Has anyone heard what the problem was that caused the delay? Wish BRP would come out and say. They obviously fixed it (I hope).

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No problem at all... They took the time to give the bikes a bit of extra scrutiny in order to insure that 2014 would NOT be a repeat of the 2013 roll-out.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Nothing..!!

but they are keeping things moving but very slowly....and in a strange way...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    No problem at all... They took the time to give the bikes a bit of extra scrutiny in order to insure that 2014 would NOT be a repeat of the 2013 roll-out.
    I think there was an issue. I know my dealer had bikes on his computer as about to be shipped. Then all of a sudden they were gone back in Sept/Oct. In my view there had to have been some issue to derail it at that point. I could and probably wrong though.

Spyder Garage

Plus communication was very hush hush. No one could get info for quite some time.

Spyder Garage

Really its a moot point at this time. I am just curious, as I am sure others are as well. Just call me Hawk Snowden.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's easy to find that the conspiracy lunatics are driving the bus If you let them!
    They took their time with the roll-out to insure success...

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

Is or has there been a delay? Some have already received their spyders prior to Christmas. In addition, someone told me that there had been blizzard conditions up north. I wonder if that could have effected a delivery schedule?

Chris
    Last edited by MouthPiece; 01-09-2014 at 01:04 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    Is or has there been a delay? Some have already received their spyders prior to Christmas.

Chris
    Dealers were told from BRP when they ordered that they would be delivered in October.

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Dealers were told from BRP when they ordered that they would be delivered in October.

My dealer told me I would have my spyder early November (if I remember correctly) when I placed my deposit the day after the "13's" were announced. I received mine December 28th. I chaulked it off to salesman hype.

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They started production pretty much on the schedule that I was told. I was also told that they build a few hundred then they go through a super intensive QC before any are shipped. Maybe they found something at that time that caused the delay. Or it could be the front trunk switch. As I saw in Long Beach at the show the units that they had on the showroom floor had the switch but the demo bikes did not. Maybe they started production with the switch then decided to remove it.

I know that my SM6 is still on target for production of 01/28/14.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It might have beent he "Frunkswitch", if the NHTSA complaints fueled it...
    But we also heard that it was just s cost-saving measure.

Spyder Garage

Well my thoughts (and we all know huch much they are worth) is that there will be a limited amount of 2014 RT's produced because they are getting ready to gear up for the 2015s with the new add-ons. so all that get a 2014 will be ready to trade them off for 2015s. Makes sense

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Well my thoughts (and we all know huch much they are worth) is that there will be a limited amount of 2014 RT's produced because they are getting ready to gear up for the 2015s with the new add-ons. so all that get a 2014 will be ready to trade them off for 2015s. Makes sense

Cruzr Joe
    You can be mean sometimes. Does this mean I should wait for a 2015 because it will have more stuff on it for the money? I am only going to take the trade in hit one last time and want to make sure I get the most bang for my few remaining bucks.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Has anyone heard what the problem was that caused the delay? Wish BRP would come out and say. They obviously fixed it (I hope).
    I am guessing that we are not going to hear any "confessions" from BRP on the delay issue. For me the bottom line is--deliver the new 2014 RT's when they are ready for the public. No issues, no glitches, no problems. When we get them, we want to turn the key and ryde. Don't want to go back to the dealer until that check in service is due.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    You can be mean sometimes. Does this mean I should wait for a 2015 because it will have more stuff on it for the money? I am only going to take the trade in hit one last time and want to make sure I get the most bang for my few remaining bucks.

I don't know Nuthin

Sgt. Schultz (aka Cruzr Joe)
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Wait. I going too.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
    Wait. I going too.
    Scarecrow ........................ Where you going?????????????

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Does that mean that we'll be cryin' all next Fall, while the owners of the latest and greatest bikes strut about?

Spyder Garage

Does that mean that we'll be cryin' all next Fall, while the owners of the latest and greatest bikes strut about?
    Unfortunately, sometimes, what goes around comes around.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It might have beent he "Frunkswitch", if the NHTSA complaints fueled it...
    But we also heard that it was just s cost-saving measure.
    There are more complaints on the NHTSA site about the 13's cooking than the frunk switch but they have done nothing about that? Last time I looked there was only 1 mention of the switch and many about the heat issues.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Not wasting my energy

On theories and speculation. For me it's dreaming about that 2014 and the mods that are going to go on "her."

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 2014 Delay

Hawk and All-
    As i stated in the past, i was the 2nd person in FL and probably east coast to get there spyder RTS 14 on 21 December, I have been staying in touch with a high source at BRP since october, lets stop these silly questions, the WAS NOT a problem with the 14s that caused a delay and that is a FACT, Extra Quality assurance as well as road testing was given (3 weeks) to make sure there are no issues with heat, brakes, bearings etc...... BRP had a bad 2013 wether they admit it or not and financially nor image was could not afford a another 2013. So in a nutshell, delay was 3 weeks for racking on a ton of miles on a certain amount of units in the field, REMEMBER-all the bikes people were driving at the drive a 14 event were PREPRODUCTION, they had to make a batch of production bikes and beat the heck out of them.

on my 14 there are NO issues i love it, they did an AMAZING job

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Hawk;741048]Has anyone heard what the problem was that caused the delay? Wish BRP would come out and say. They obviously fixed it (I hope).
    dealer called yesterday and said the bike I was to get this week has been pushed back to the end of Jan

Spyder Garage

Yes, but we would never strut about. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD