Spyder Garage

Default BRP on the Horn!

Received a very interesting call yesterday from a BRP rep. Would have posted yesterday but someone was pushing buttons and twisting knobs in the SpyderLovers.com Command and Control room and I couldn't get in. But that is another post altogether.

The BRP rep said he'd seen my post on this web site (here) http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=8565

Lamont told me BRP was keeping track of what goes on at SpyderLovers.com but I make a habit of not believing him - Not because Lamont is wrong very often, but because it bothers him.

Anyway, the BRP rep asked if it would be ok with me if he looked into my Power Steering Warranty repair situation with Alcoa Good Times to see why it is taking so long, maybe he could help.

WOW! I'll take that kind of attention any day!

I'm not trying to say everyone having Spyder issues should expect a call from BRP (I sure didn't). But I am glad they are looking into this for me.

I got a great feeling of genuine customer appreciation from all the BRP employees at the Valcort, Canada homecoming event last year. I am convinced that BRP is serious about the Spyder. This call was very encouraging to me.

The BRP rep said he would get back to me (probably next week) with whatever information he has.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

If that is the case BRP get a big .

PhotoShop Master
    Spyder Garage

Default i knew it

i would bet most of the time BRP isnt getting info on problems from dealers .... when the only way that rep found out about problem is through this website....
    god bless lamonster....

Spyder Garage

Reading all the posts about problems with dealers points out one thing to me; the dealers with the problems haven't bothered to train anyone properly. Then they cover their butts with excuses about BRP not having parts, etc. Maybe that's the reason BRP is coming to sites like this one, to check on dealer service. We can only hope.

john

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

It would be nice if BRP had a service representative for each group of dealers. Lots of times with cars, I have found it necessary to deal with the factory connection to get some appropriate action. The car dealers get regular visits from their service representatives, so customers have somebody that has the connections and beef to assist, or lean on, the dealer if necessary. Car dealers are generally reluctant to put you in touch with the service rep, so they try harder to satisfy. They will usually connect you if you demand it, and the factory's customer service line can arrange it if all else fails. In instances like this it could help if BRP did the same.
    -Scotty

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wish I knew for sure, they don't seem to be playing well with my dealer.
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Senior Moment
    Spyder Garage

Hey We a rew BRP dealer just not Spyders yet. I own a Spyder. And Let me tel you we as a dealer have a problem with a machine BRP is in contact with us as soon as we let them know what is going on. No we can not always fix everyones problems. But I have never seen whats going on like these other dealers are doing.. Glad BRP is looking at this site so you will be happy with them.. Go Spyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderjim View Post
    Hey We a rew BRP dealer just not Spyders yet. I own a Spyder. And Let me tel you we as a dealer have a problem with a machine BRP is in contact with us as soon as we let them know what is going on. No we can not always fix everyones problems. But I have never seen whats going on like these other dealers are doing.. Glad BRP is looking at this site so you will be happy with them.. Go Spyder
    I am sure there are a lot of Great dealers out there taking care of their Spyder customers. I've read a number of posts from riders saying how much they appreciate the service they have gotten.

And I don't think I'm all that hard to please. I'm not asking for miracles, just honest answers.

I've had my own businesses before (in the automotive industry) and now (motorcycle accessories) so I know there are unavoidable problems from time to time. I've let my customers down on occasion. Sometimes it's my fault and sometimes it is beyond my control. But I am always honest with them.

As I've said before, I'm convinced BRP wants the Spyder to do well. Are they perfect? No, but it can't all be BRP's fault. The fact that they contacted me says that there is some real interest there.

I never asked to talk to a factory rep and I'm pretty sure this phone call didn't get generated from the dealer.

Lamont tells me that BRP contacted him regarding my post about No Power Steering. They asked him for my phone number and real name. Lamont asked me if it was ok to give that out to BRP and I said sure. It was about 3 hours later that I got the call.

Hmm...it took the dealership 24 hours to return my call after they had my Spyder for almost 2 weeks.

I have to say, so far I am impressed with BRP on several levels.

Hey! Maybe we can get Lamonster to run a dealership! Wouldn't THAT be a Hoot! You might have to step over some dead employees but the service would be GREAT!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Lets Hire Him

If all the members of this forum would pay $50 per month for Lamonster to serve as the "Spyder Ombudsman/Representative" he could provide a lot of help "taking problems" to Dealer and BRP reps-----could cover required mechanical changes---etc---etc........

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I wish they would fix my powersteering too.I went on a 200 mile trip today to another dealer and they asked how I liked it.I said I love it if it has power steering.They said they have sold 20 units and nobody has had a problem.Well Mine has a problem it does not work!It does work 10% of the time............

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hondaman View Post
    I wish they would fix my powersteering too.I went on a 200 mile trip today to another dealer and they asked how I liked it.I said I love it if it has power steering.They said they have sold 20 units and nobody has had a problem.Well Mine has a problem it does not work!It does work 10% of the time............
    Mine never worked from the day I picked it up. If it had been intermittent I would have realized the problem long before I put 7,600 miles (Not Kilometers) on it.

Though I've ridden with a lot of other Spyder owners I've never ridden another Spyder.

It has always steered harder than I liked but I figured that's just the way it was. I need the exercise!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    If all the members of this forum would pay $50 per month for Lamonster to serve as the "Spyder Ombudsman/Representative" he could provide a lot of help "taking problems" to Dealer and BRP reps-----could cover required mechanical changes---etc---etc........

..... $50 times 2,219 members times 12 months ...... Sounds great if lamonster hires me as his assistant. I would only ask for $10 per month, per member out of his $50.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

pretty cool good luck

Spyder Garage

I have had my power steering worked on a few times. Mine is intermittent and I think I would prefer that it not work at all. Then I would just park the bike and not take a chance on killing myself.

But there is a simple BUDS test to see if your power steering is working. I watched them do it once on mind where they get the computer going and turn the wheels through their range. The computer then inidcates how much force the power steering is adding.

You might want to have them do that test if they haven't. Honestly without ANY power steering this bike would be a handful.

http://bobspyder.wordpress.com/
    #610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Recluze View Post
    I have had my power steering worked on a few times. Mine is intermittent and I think I would prefer that it not work at all. Then I would just park the bike and not take a chance on killing myself.

But there is a simple BUDS test to see if your power steering is working. I watched them do it once on mind where they get the computer going and turn the wheels through their range. The computer then inidcates how much force the power steering is adding.

You might want to have them do that test if they haven't. Honestly without ANY power steering this bike would be a handful.
    My Spyder has ZERO power steering, I guess it is a handfull but when that is all you know it doesn't seem that bad.

The dealer said they have done voltage testing (found GPS throwing incorrect voltages). I don't know if this is the same as the BUDS testing but I would assume that is what they meant. The dealer says they have been talking to BRP so hopfully they are doing it right.

I've done Deal's Gap (Tail of the Dragon) with the Spyder and it is a workout riding it hard. But I guess I'm used to it. Lamont says I need to be careful of oversteer once my PS is fixed.

But I agree, intermittent is bad, give me either working all the time or not working all the time. You just don't need surprises in the steering.