Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    John, I think that Dave is trying to address the issue of heat preception by the rider with this suggestion. Moving the radiators up front would take heat off the rider, but I'm not sure about the heat under the Bodywork...
    DAVE; what's your logic??
    You hit part of it. On the 2013 the new swoop is one piece no bottom plate so it injects heat into the engine cavity as well since it has no insulation and doing the block off can't be done not without butchering the plastic. Getting any source of heat farther away from the engine bay has to be a good thing. The swoop change was due to the new 2014 suspension in the front. I don't know about the oil cooler or air intake on the 14 vs 13 just thinking out loud. I know the frame could take it I saw unused bolt clips on it when it was naked I assume those were 2014 pre ready. It could be a pricey solution for BRP though.
    Last edited by Magdave; 11-02-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    What's going on here with moving radiators and other massive changes is something called balloon engineering.

Not all '13 RTs suffer from the the heat problem.
    The fix is to make all '13 RTs like the ones that don't overheat.
    There must be some production, design or dare I say value engineering difference.
    IMO: You are right on the money here. BRP needs to find the WHY some units are fine, and why other units run hot as heck. Suspicious to me would be some part that was changed due to suppliers, specs, or containing defects part way through the year.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-02-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ivorspyder View Post
    I am curious to know why you think you might have grounds for a class action lawsuit against BRP whereas only one week ago you posted you had no heat issues and were completely happy with your 2013 RT.

ivor
    I have no issues with the bike but the value has plummeted because of all of the issues the 13's are having. Luckily I don't have an issue but I have been damaged financially

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysevel View Post
    I have no issues with the bike but the value has plummeted because of all of the issues the 13's are having. Luckily I don't have an issue but I have been damaged financially
    In reality, anyone who has not actually sold or traded has not suffered any financial loss. It's like the stock market, it is only the potential or perceived value that has diminished. In the real world you lost your money when you paid for the Spyder...or the stock.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's true... but it doesn't actually make anybody feel any better...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    That's true... but it doesn't actually make anybody feel any better...
    Just trying to set the record straight...in legal terms.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My house took a hit in 2008 so I guess I'll just sue Goldman Sachs for the difference.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysevel View Post
    Too early to tell. We are not even certain if the '14s are going to be flawless. The '13s came out as the loudest bang and eventually took it's toll. The same with previous years. Cars and houses have the same problem. The only thing that can fix it is time.
    If you go to a lawyer for a class action suit, they are either going to or just take the money. Scotty said it best: Lose your money to the marketplace or lose it to the lawyers.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    In reality, anyone who has not actually sold or traded has not suffered any financial loss. It's like the stock market, it is only the potential or perceived value that has diminished. In the real world you lost your money when you paid for the Spyder...or the stock.
    That's exactly right Scotty.

ivor

Spyder Garage

Default Class Action Lawsuit

I'm sure some nice friendly law firm will take the case, just like this one.
    And in the meantime all effort for a fix is placed on hold by the BRP LegalEagles because they can't be seen as having a problem.

Bad Idea.
    I wonder if a collective claim under small claims court couldn't be filed.

I guess this is all different in each state.

Here in Quebec, a small claim up to $ 5000.00 can be filed, and an attorney is not required, these amounts and rules may have changed since the last time.

Dom

Spyder Garage

Default Class Action Lawsuit

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Actually the loss can only occur upon the sale of the trike, thus the difference between purchase price and actual sales price.

You can have an anticipated loss based on present selling price, but not actual until you sell it.

Dom

Spyder Garage

Default Jailhouse lawyers

I wont tell you how to fix bikes if y'all don't tell aggrieved buyers whether they have a legal claim. You go see a lawyer if you want to---its not your problem to put together the 20 people needed for a class action. If such a suit can be filed it is one of the few ways BRP could be compelled to take corrective action. Those of you waiting for BRP to create a fix without the government telling them they have to are quite simply delusional. For those who don't like lawyers or litigation, consider filing a complaint with the NTSB---they have the power to order a recall.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Loss in trade in value of a 2013

I would like to see BRP come up with a way to allow a decent trade in value for those with 2013's wanting to trade in for a 2014. This would not be very expensive for them, and would give a lot of unhappy owners a way out of their problems.

Spyder Garage

If you want to start a lawsuit you're going to have to drum up support on another site. Start a Facebook page if you want but it's not happening on SpyderLovers. This thread is closed.