Spyder Garage

Default Got my new RT-S last night.

Question. Looking for better handling ride two up. Raise to the compressor air or lower it. Now the wife and I are both over two hundred pounds.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Congrats! Purchased an RT on Aug 23.
    Look in your owners manual it will tell you the air settings for the bike. I believe on your model it is self adjusting. Good luck with your new ride!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
    Question. Looking for better handling ride two up. Raise to the compressor air or lower it. Now the wife and I are both over two hundred pounds.
    depends on the road for me I usually do the middle setting or next down on softer. Im around 165 tho

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the new bike.

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

The rear suspension adjusts automatically. It is personal choice as to the setting, firm to soft.

Spyder Garage

on the new RT-S. Raise the ride setting to 4 or 5 for the best handling for two up and 200 #.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The rear suspension adjustments and settings are based upon ride height; not just the presuure within the system. Set it where you like it, and you're good to go!
    Now if you're looking for better handling; get a BajaRon Anti SwayBar for it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Default Congrats..!!

on your new ryde..!! as to handling..if it is comfort for you're ryding partner the you can play with the suspension settings. If it is the driving aspect then you can consider BajaRons sway bar, pitbulls re-locating blocks or the elka shock absorbers...go at it a step at a time...good luck..!!
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

on your new baby,i got mine about 3 weeks ago and love it so far ,now ride and have fun.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

What are you trying to improve? The rear suspension affects how hard or soft the ride feels. Raise it to make it firmer. It will automatically adjust to the setting you select, and maintain that ride height. Body roll in the turns is affected by the front suspension settings, swaybar stiffness, and owner riding techniques. If you have a 2013 you cannot adjustthe front spring preload. If it is necessary, aftermarket shocks are the only answer. For earlier RT's, the spring preload can be increased. This will give a stiffer ride but less body roll. A BajaRon aftermarket swaybar can remarkably reduce body roll in the turns. The faactory bar is pretty weak. Finally, the rider can reduce body roll by leaning his/her weight into the turns. Think of it as trying to kiss the knuckles on your inside hand. I hope the answer you need somewhere in this reply.

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone. Wife and I took the bike out for a ride on saturday. My wife hasn't riden for a number of years, but I have always been on a two wheeler one time or another with in the year. The Smile on her face made be very happy. I've been a rider for quite sometime. Living close to the Indian motorcycle plant in Springfield Mass. My Folks brought me home on the back of a 1946 Indian Chief in a A&P basket. So I've been riding sence I was 6 months old. lol.

The change from two wheel driving to 3 wheel will take sometime to get better at. All comes in time and practice.
    I am just looking to get the push out of the bike in corners.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Congratulations on your new Spyder!!!