Threaded View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    I was going to suggest to fellow Spyder owners that live near you to show you what the Spyder is made of in the twisties, but I quickly knew better. If you ride anywhere near like your friend in the video (even though it's slower than a Spyder in the twisties) you should keep your Wing.

Any "person" (putting it very lightly) that wants to pass cars on solid lines coming to a blind corner where they almost strike a car head on (3:50 mark), I want nowhere near my Spyder friends putting them in danger with that foolishness. That kind of riding might impress 19 year olds, but not me.
    But aside from your reservations about the passing, do you think a spyder would be able to keep up?

I will only pass when it is safe to do so. The decision on whether it is safe for me does not rely on what is painted on the road but on relative speeds, line of site road conditions etc. I have no problem passing on a double line in open country a car going 45 when I can see 1/4 mile ahead. On the other hand, there are some passing zones I will not pass on in that area because of overgrowth blocking the veiw.
    Last edited by bug's zedi; 09-12-2013 at 04:33 PM.