Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wink Great Sunday Ryde

Was fortunate enough this Sunday (9-08-13) to be invited along on a Toy ride for the needy up in Canada. What an outstanding day ride. There were over 600 bikes there. Everything from Harleys, Suzuki's, Kawasaki's, saw a couple of suicide shifters, old pan heads and everything in between. The disappointing part was there were only 2 spyders there mine and a nice looking red 09 RS(chatted with owner for a bit and we'll be getting a new one on spyderlovers, this gal has put 20k on her bike this year, made me feel a little small with my 8k but all is well we are buds now and she comes down to the states now and again so a ryde will be forthcoming I'm sure. The scenery in that part of B.C. is some of the prettiest I've seen ( haven't been back East much, YET-it's on my BUCKET LIST) the people were great almost everywhere we went the streets were lined with kids and parents and everyone waving at Santa (lead bike) and all his little elves. Took a bit for us to get parked and registered when we first arrived as the minute I backed "Zippy" into a spot I was inundated with people wanting to know all about The Spyder, "Rufus" made a big hit with the gals and kids and the guys and dads wanted to know all about how it works and can you put skis on the front in winter(OMG) it aint just us Americans that go dumb on the spyder, but it was ok the first three times but then got a little tiring, was lucky enough to have alert people I rode up with come and save me a couple of times. I'll put a coup le of pics on hope you enjoy them. The one with the bikes going down hill stretches all the way around the trees in the top of pic. The others are self explanatory I hope .. Enjoy DSCN0576.jpgDSCN0591.jpgDSCN0568.jpgDSCN0592.jpgDSCN0553.jpg

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Upon further reflection I probably should give a good shout out to the RCMP and locals cops for the GREAT traffic control and side road coordination. The whole 240 mile run went without incident or problem of any sort. I wonder if we could have done something that big down here - not downing Sturgis- just an amazing amount of planning and coordination on this one, and with 240 miles and 5 towns no hang-ups at all. It Impressed me.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default oh Canada

Sounds like a great worthwhile cause and yes we are so very lucky to be so close to beautiful British Columbia.
    My wife and I took a nice ride yesterday to Anacortes and over the bridge at Deception pass to Whidbey Island and i concur what a great northwest day to cruise.
    thanks for the great pics