Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I have an 06 dodge with a 5.7L Hemi and 41,000 miles. In 2006 Dodge had a warranty called the "unlimited warranty". No matter how many miles I rack up on the beast, everything from the pistons back to the wheel bearings will be covered. If I were to blow the motor tomorrow, I would pay a $100.00 dollar deductible and it would be replaced with a brand new one. It will be the last truck I ever buy.

Jusg sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    ann, it's great to see that you still have a sense of humor. at this point, I think my blood pressure would have broken any cuff they could find for me!

I sure am missing riding my Spyder though. I'm home alone while Joe is on a trip to Kansas City and I'm not very happy about that.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I sure am missing riding my Spyder though. I'm home alone while Joe is on a trip to Kansas City and I'm not very happy about that.
    you could always fly up to spyderquest in a couple of weeks. i'll share my ride with ya! i'm sure there are some others that would do the same for you. maybe we could even get brp to sponsor a rental for you. you deserve it!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by freebob View Post
    I won't Trade up my 2010 RT LTD. Sure it won't be 2014 model...I will wait until they completely change to a new Powertrain/Engine/Shaft drive/200 mi. min. between fill ups...I hope I live that long........

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

larger engine and/or 6th gear.... I still find myself pressing the paddle shift on the highway looking for another gear......

longer range

maybe a sleeker/lower profile....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I've been looking at new trucks for the last couple of weeks and at 40K plus I'm having a hard time convincing myself I need to trade in my 2005 Ram crew for a 2013 or 2014. I do see where Ram is coming out with a smaller diesel that might push me over the edge but to be honest I most likely won't spring for the new truck seeing they just aren't that much different than what I have now other than they can drop 4 cylinders for better mileage. I only have 60K on my 2005 now so it would take a long time for the better mileage to pay for a new truck.

That being said what would push you over the edge to trade in your 20** for a 2014?
    In a couple of weeks we should here from the dealers what's new for 2014. I have a lot of people ask me if they should buy now and take advantage of some of the great deals out there or wait and see what's new for 2014 if anything. Like me shopping for a new truck I mostly tell them to wait and see unless you just have to have one right now. I'm pretty excited about 2014 but I get excited pretty easy.
    I have a 2003 4/4 Jeep Liberty V6 that get 25 mpg with 90,000 miles on it and a 2000 Mustang Conv. V6 that gets 36 mpg with 57,000 miles on it and they both have high mileage computer chips in them that gave me 10 miles per gallon. Maybe you should take that route and see if they make one for your engine. $40,000+ buys a lot of gas.

Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I traded up,,, way up!!
    f250.jpg
    Last edited by Mexican; 09-04-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    FB is not a happy camper... a bit of strife at the house over the unrideable spyder ..that is in the shop... and the shop will not even be able to look at it for 10 days...Looking at options...PITA.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

TRUCKS...I waited long enough and had to buy an F-150... I wish I could have waited a few more years as I think the Diesels in the 1500 series is going to be a game changer.

Spyder....08 holdout here. I love the ST... But I am dieing to see whether we get more output from the motor as well a multimode nanny (rain, sport, and touring modes). One or the other may get me to think harder about a new Spyder. Both would have me signing a check over to a local dealer.

The only limit for me is my own sensibility/common sense. My 08 is running great, and needs some more miles before I can in good conscience buy a new Spyder given how much more the jump to an ST from a GS will cost me... At least the Spyders have some decent resale value.

Spyder Garage

Default What would make me trade up to a 2014 Spyder?

Like many of the others on this thread, nothing right now. My 2010 RT A&C is reliable; my wife and I enjoy ryding it; it's only got 12 grand on the odometer. If I were to buy a 2014, I would probably wait to to see what beta-testing show, whether or or not I could afford the price increase, and see what the sequester, budget cuts, middle east wars etc do to my retirement.
    Kraut “Not all who wander are lost” – J.R.R. Tolkien

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I've been looking at new trucks for the last couple of weeks and at 40K plus I'm having a hard time convincing myself I need to trade in my 2005 Ram crew for a 2013 or 2014. I do see where Ram is coming out with a smaller diesel that might push me over the edge but to be honest I most likely won't spring for the new truck seeing they just aren't that much different than what I have now other than they can drop 4 cylinders for better mileage. I only have 60K on my 2005 now so it would take a long time for the better mileage to pay for a new truck.

That being said what would push you over the edge to trade in your 20** for a 2014?
    In a couple of weeks we should here from the dealers what's new for 2014. I have a lot of people ask me if they should buy now and take advantage of some of the great deals out there or wait and see what's new for 2014 if anything. Like me shopping for a new truck I mostly tell them to wait and see unless you just have to have one right now. I'm pretty excited about 2014 but I get excited pretty easy.

I'm not advanced enough to think about engines and sway bars. Based on what I like to do and how I ride the performance is fine for me. I believe in leaving all the issues up to warranty. The first thing that would have to change to catch my eye would have to be a body style change. Now I love my RS-S, so don't get me wrong. I'm saying I wouldn't even consider a trade unless it came from a whole different angle than what I have. After a new body style I would say an all automatic may peak my interest also.

Grady Brown III
    President & Founder
    For The Love of Laila...and your baby too
    www.ftllm712.com
    Check out the Events page at www.ftllm712.com for upcoming events

We are Riding to save lives!!!

Facebook

Twitter

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey Mexican, do you use a stepladder to get into that thing?!?!?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Let's see, what would make me trade for a 2014RT? Well, they would have to go back to adjustable front shocks, dump the footboards and go back to footpegs, change to a smoother look on the front fenders, .....Come to think, that sounds a whole lot like my 2010RT. Seriously, I usually tend to hold onto vehicles until they're worn out. My wife drives a '03 Taurus with 150,000 miles that still runs good and gets 25 - 27 MPG. We also have an '02 Ford 7.3 diesel Excursion with 180,000 miles that will haul a dozen full sheets of plywood or sheetrock or 8 passengers in comfort and will pull anything I can hook onto it. I have a '88 Suzuki Samurai that will plow through that 2 feet of snow Scotty mentioned should we ever be fortunate enough to see that much snow. And my 2010 base RT is the best 2-up touring machine I've ever owned. I expect I'll keep it until it's "plumb wore out". Cotton

Spyder Garage

Bigger motor 1400CC (wink-wink ) top loading saddle bags, lower RPM, more distance on a tank of gas, better heat management, better CB and a better turn signal button/switch. DREAM MACHINE
    Happy Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    you could always fly up to spyderquest in a couple of weeks. i'll share my ride with ya! i'm sure there are some others that would do the same for you. maybe we could even get brp to sponsor a rental for you. you deserve it!!!
    I'll even throw Fawkes on the pile of Flamingobabe wants to fly North for a weekend...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

In order of importance

1. Lean
    2. Lean
    3. Did I mention that if the spyder could lean it could then be the perfect machine ?!
    4. 1300 cc's
    5. Lean

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fas2000 View Post
    In order of importance

1. Lean
    2. Lean
    3. Did I mention that if the spyder could lean it could then be the perfect machine ?!
    4. 1300 cc's
    5. Lean

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4
    Maybe after 10 years of beta testing.....by BRP...not us.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

It's nice having older stuff thats paid for.......2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 160,000 miles and our '11 Spyder with 22oo miles.

Sure the new stuff is nice but dont want to have payments forever.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Kris' 2006 Impala has 59,200 on it and there are some issues.
    Excessive oil usage??

Spyder Garage

I will buy a trouble free ST as soon as they make one. Until then it is the 2008 RS. I know where all of the warts are that one. Adding a shaft drive, larger fuel tank and smoother engine would help. These were brilliantly designed machines in the beginning.

Spyder Garage

the spyder has 3 wheels - 3 fenders - 3 tires aso .. but only 2 cylinders ??? ..so why not for 2014 a Speed-triple ??
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Unlike several other Ryders here, i think my Spyder has enough power and speed, I have a 2013 RT Basic and so far have been real happy with it (ie: no problems) i like the better brakes and 15"wheels and the suspension seems to be a little better (in my mind). I would really consider trading if they (1) came out with a better way to funnel the heat to the rear of the bike, (2) reset the seat for a little more room for the driver, since adding a backrest i feel the need for more room. Other than that i am perfectly happy with my ride.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default :>

If they were to release an updated RSS that provided a slight cosmetic re-design/enhancement (Not at all reminiscent to the direction they took with the 2013 models), something meaner looking. Wider tires, more so in the rear. A larger displacement engine. More compact and aggressive.

Most of all. (This is in my opinion my most desired upgrade/mod) What I call Rocker Pegs. Unlike while leaning on a MC, while during a tight turn while leaning off , it put's an enormous amount of stress on my knees and legs. What I'd want is Pegs that float/slide in an side/outward direction (Similar to Stirrups, which provide that fluid dynamic positioning.)
    Imagine being able to get a better sense of a "Push" with your right leg while making a tight left turn. If your Foot were to sit atop pegs that slid/floated to the side and up you'd have a much more stable foundation to push through the turn.

It would be nice to see them focus on the RS and RSS models this time around. I think they have really done a great job with the Touring and Spot Touring demographic. Time to focus on the Sport demo.

My $.02 :>

D
    Last edited by Derek Paisley; 09-05-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I love my old 2008 GS-SE5 which I have modified till it suits me perfectly. I intend to run it until it wears down to the point that it is unreliable for long trips, then I will look at a RSS set up for sport riding, unless by that time I am so old that I require an RT. As to trucks, I will probably trade my Ranger for a beat up old Ford 250 4x4 that I can use as a work truck and bush buggy.

Free Thinking Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joe G View Post
    How did that F150EB work out for ya?
    Quite well thank you. Well not for me personally, I have the 5.0 in my F-150, love this truck.

A relative of mine has the ecoboost in a 2012 F-150 and a friend at work has a 2013 F-150 with ecoboost and they both love their trucks.

If your comment is based off the lawsuit by three Ohio men, that thing is going nowhere IMO.

As far as the complaints of lost power and limp mode, there were less than 100 complaints out of more than 400,000 F-150 ecoboosts sold. That is around .025%. Honestly I do not know, but that doesn't seem like a lot to me.

And for the record, I am not a Ford slappy. I have owned vehicles from all the Big Three. Just in trucks alone I have owned one GMC, two Dodges and three Fords. I have gravitated toward Ford lately because the last Dodge I had left a bad taste in my mouth (doesn't mean I wouldn't buy another, sometimes you just get a bad one) and Ford didn't take the money.

Just curious, what truck do you own?