Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    magical member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Luvs2Ride View Post
    I have to admit that I've been hesitant about getting the Baker Wings because of the looks... agree with your thoughts but know they work well. Would like any addition to look as though it 'belongs'. Have a lot to think about.

Lots of good replies/information... thanks to everyone!
    Jenna

I was worried about the looks too, I purchased the clear version no tint. I have the lava bronze limited which is quite dark and already have quite a bit of chrome. The fittings are chrome and the panels clear,I know they're there but most people don't notice them. It was function over form, the very first rain storm you're in you will wonder why you waited so long. I've had no issues with customer service, I got two left instead of left and a right and they over nighted the replacement as I was going on a trip with the spyder.

harry

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I'm surprised that no one mentioned that you must remove the Baker to check your oil. Is this not as big a pain as I imagine it to be? Or do you just not check your oil between service

I simply removed the grill from the panel & now I can access the oil dip stick to check and/or add oil. Works great for me.

I've got the Baker Upper & middle wings. Love em'
    Last edited by dick574; 08-18-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Luvs2Ride View Post
    I have to admit that I've been hesitant about getting the Baker Wings because of the looks... agree with your thoughts but know they work well. Would like any addition to look as though it 'belongs'. Have a lot to think about.

Lots of good replies/information... thanks to everyone!
    Jenna
    Love my Bakers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I'm surprised that no one mentioned that you must remove the Baker to check your oil. Is this not as big a pain as I imagine it to be? Or do you just not check your oil between service
    Quote Originally Posted by captblack View Post
    It's not bad ... carry a 7/16 wrench and remove one bolt. Added benefit is that you will never lose the side panel.
    Agree with CaptBlack -- just carry a 7/16" socket and it takes just a few seconds to remove the one bolt and then check the oil. No big deal at all.

As for preference, I have both Baker's and the BRP's on my 2011 RT. They work great. I started with the Baker's because they were available when I bought my RT (I had them on my Gold Wing and my wife and I both loved them). They worked fine on the RT. Then this summer I added the new BRP adjustable deflectors and notice a significant further improvement in managing the air flow. Go for both -- in my opinion.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces