Thread: rear Mono Shock

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default rear Mono Shock

does anyone have any suggestions on a rear Mono Shock Replacment i need one that is heavy duty and can stand up to my large frame.........Michael

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Michael,

First thing is crank that stock shock all the way up, it helps a bunch. Let me know what you find, at 6'7" and a little over 300 I put some stress on it as well. I am down in Lodi, we are going to have to hook up for a ride, we have to be about 2 of the biggest out there.

Spyder Garage

air ride

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Michael - I thought you had air-ride on order?

Dave - I thought you and I were big, I guess we have some competition!

Big Rick from Ripon

Had my SE5 a week now - too cool.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

lol i was gonna order one but when i went to do it kewlmetels order page said call us if u wish to order and me being an impatient dumbass i decided i needed a venom exhaust and the tripleplay and fender tips from NMN and some grips and pegs from motoplus and new ulgystick and a nice 90buck abu garcia reel, and there went 1200bucks lol so now i gotta save up for the air ride

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave18629 View Post
    Michael,

First thing is crank that stock shock all the way up, it helps a bunch. Let me know what you find, at 6'7" and a little over 300 I put some stress on it as well. I am down in Lodi, we are going to have to hook up for a ride, we have to be about 2 of the biggest out there.
    most definatly bro we need to hook up and go for a ride, me and a friend that has a really nice 03 road king went for a ride to the taco tree in auburn that was alot of fun.nice country roads email me and let me know when my email is michaelsbigdog@comcast.net .............Michael

Red SE5 6spoke rims, 1inch riser, Venom Exhaust by Motad, NMN triple play taillights, NMN fender tips, Carbon fiber model number handlebar inserts,kuryakyn grips w/throttleboss, kuryakyn large footpegs,Mono Seat Cover.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Michael,

i do have all of em cranked up to the max setting

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hey Rick, glad to see you got one, too bad we are in for a weekend of rain.

We all need to hook up before the weather take a tank on us for the year. Maybe next weekend has some hope.

I saw two Spydies rolling through Lodi the other day, but have no idea who they are.

If either of you guys are looking into a new seat, I strongly reccomend riding into Corbin and having one built. They took the back bar out of mine and let me move up and back, made the seat thicker, wow what a difference it made for my legs and my a##. Same price as on line but you pick all the goodies.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

[quote=SpyderDog65;58345]most definatly bro we need to hook up and go for a ride, me and a friend that has a really nice 03 road king went for a ride to the taco tree in auburn that was alot of fun.nice country roads email me and let me know when my email is michaelsbigdog@comcast.net .............Michael

Will do, I am traveling all of next week but an hoping next week will let me put some miles on. We get you me and Rick together we will be quite a site with a 1,000 pounds of meat riding into town.

Have a great weakend all.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hey Big Dave - At 310 plus my wife at 115, I think the Spyder rides/handles quite well. It does not bottom out, and allows the suspension to absorb a lot of the road bomps and RR crossings we have encountered. I may be a less aggressive rider when she is on board also???? Anyway, just my 2 cents worth. What specifically is SpyderDog65 needing the shock to do that it is not already doing?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

This coming week is shot but the week after is open (after 11/9).
    I have a buddy that has a Harley who is bugging me to go for a ride, he might be up for it also.

Nobody will be asking "where's the beef?"

Rick

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Im not interested in a Corbin at all im gonna get me a Russell Day-Long ive heard nothing but good stories about them and alot of very uncomfortable storys about Corbin Seats just my opinion .........Michael

Red SE5 6 Spoke Rims 1inch Riser,Venom Exhaust by Motad, Mono Seat Cover, Carbon Fiber Handlebar Inserts, NMN TriplePlay Tailights,NMN Fender Tips, Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/throttleboss, Kuryakyn ISO large Footpegs.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

fyi im 6'8 ?lbs im not telling lol just say ALOT and i need a more durable shock that will stand up to my large frame ........Michael

oh today is Nov 1 my Bday (43) wheres all my gifts.....lets see i can use an air ride suspinsion umm i was thinking about getting it wrapped in some bitchen design. a cup holder lol and new taller windshield hint hint hint... lol some cool new footboards so i can stretch out my longass legs. lol im sure i can think of somthing give me a min hehe
    Last edited by SpyderDog65; 11-01-2008 at 11:56 AM.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDog65 View Post
    fyi im 6'8 ?lbs im not telling lol just say ALOT and i need a more durable shock that will stand up to my large frame ........Michael

oh today is Nov 1 my Bday (43) wheres all my gifts.....lets see i can use an air ride suspinsion umm i was thinking about getting it wrapped in some bitchen design. a cup holder lol and new taller windshield hint hint hint... lol some cool new footboards so i can stretch out my longass legs. lol im sure i can think of somthing give me a min hehe
    Happy Birthday! Many happy returns.
    -Scotty

Mod Maniac
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDog65 View Post
    does anyone have any suggestions on a rear Mono Shock Replacment i need one that is heavy duty and can stand up to my large frame.........Michael
    Peterbuilt?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Happy B-Day!!!

The Russle Day Long is a great seat, just too much of a Goldwing look for my taste. I read all the posts on the Corbin. I have had them on several bikes, they are as good as any non spring seat out there. Day-Long has a spring system so I am sure that have some more give. Good luck with it, just wanted to let you know Corbin also builds to suit.

Let me know how the B-Day present plea worked out my 43rd is in July.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Dave - where did you go to customize your Corbin seat?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

You can ride in to the Corbin factory over in Hollister. Give them a call and set it up first. It is aay thing. I think it is the best way to go. I have noticed that people with the Bill Mayer saddle have switched as well. Day Long makes a good seat for cruising but for a big guy a seat that is built on springs and on a modified pan was not the way I wanted to go. Plus I don't think they fit the lines of the bike that well. With that said to each their own, some love the stock saddle.

Spyder Garage

Michael,

I'm looking for a Big Ryder that would like to have a NEW (never worn) first owners jacket. the dealer sent me a 3XL, and I am just a L. E-Mail reply to barrettjim46@yahoo.com.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Elka will set up a rear shock for your weight. Adjustable HYDRAULIC preload, damping and rebound.

See http://www.spyderryders.net.au/PDF/Elke.pdf

Spyder Garage

Well I am 400 lbs and when I purchased mine, I had them put it on 6 out of 7 on the shocks. Glad I read the manual before I picked it up. Otherwise I would have had to take it back to have that adjusted.

You can ride in to the Corbin factory over in Hollister. Give them a call and set it up first. It is aay thing. I think it is the best way to go. I have noticed that people with the Bill Mayer saddle have switched as well. Day Long makes a good seat for cruising but for a big guy a seat that is built on springs and on a modified pan was not the way I wanted to go. Plus I don't think they fit the lines of the bike that well. With that said to each their own, some love the stock saddle.