Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default TRAILER NIGHTMARE CONTINUES

I just want to let all of you that want to pull something other than the 622. Can Am part no. 219400271 is not what you need.
    It is for being able to pull the 622 with another vehicle. Now the pull behind I bought will be delivered tomorrow and it will be of no use until I figure this **** out. Of course Can Am does not make an adapter to go from the RT to a normal trailer. I am sorry I ever got the factory hitch.
    I have 2 long trips planned this year. What a bunch of %&(*!

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Didn't do your homework

Go visit a good welding shop if needed they can make an adapter or
    maybe some vendor here already has one. You can't be the only one
    with that problem.
    Good Luck
    Dave

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

PM me and let me know what you have for a hitch (connector) and trailer, and I'll put you on the right track.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default trailor nitemare

Check older post that's where I learned how to make my own plug (radio shack can supply parts ) the only problem I have is cruse control don't work when trailer is plugged up I can deal w/that (problem is with tail lights) PETE

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Hope..!!

Scotty can get you going..seems a good trailer shop could get you hooked up with a wiring diagram fir the roadster...good luck..!!
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe I missed something so lets recap ... what year is your Spyder? Is your adapter connection (the one in the left fender) round or square? If it is round, you should use the pole harness - P/N 710002442. You cut the square end off and put on a flat plug - if that is what the trailer has. Not sure what to say if you have a different plug on the cable.

If you bought the BRP hitch, it should come with the adapter harness. If you have one that is not round, I am sure someone here has a manual that will give a schematic for that and you could hook up the proper connector for the trailer.

There are a lot of folks here that do not use the BRP trailer and it is very easy to manage the connector. Give us some more information and I am sure we can get a solution quickly.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well thanks for your advice all. the round connector that is installed in the RT is a nine pin male. The part I bought is a 9 pin male to a 4 pin female. Does not fit. The trailer I bought will have a 4 pin male. I have been to parts shops and trailer shops none of them have ever heard of a nine pin connector.

Spyder Garage

Hope this helps, if not, you may want to do search. There has been a few threads on this.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ch-Plug-holder

Good luck.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default wiring adaptor

I can make you a pigtail for you. I can be contacted at ikewjr@yahoo.com

Spyder Garage

Default RT Trailer Plug

I had same problem. I bought an empty 9 plug from Duetch and a solderless connector kit and tool. I installed the BRP 9 plug as instructed. Then I cut off one end of a 4 way and connected it to the correct terminals in the 9 way from Duetch plugged it into the BRP plug, plugged 4 way into trailer connector and walla it works like a dream. I haul my piggybacker trailer all over with both the Spyder and my Harley. It takes some time and common sense but it can be done.