Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Two Way Communication

Does anyone know of a cheap two way communication for driver and passenger? I am looking for one that works for a full face helmet. Thanks for any suggestions.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sena sm5 / sena sm10 Bluetooth head sets / will connect to GPS ready Bluetooth / or cell phone

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Many Bluetooth units are avaliable online or on your local bike shop, but if you want quality, Sena is the best!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

motorcycle supper store / were I bought mine I think there were less than $200.00 dollars
    i have the sena sm5 units // very happy with them

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cycle Gear carries a number of different headsets and they have a great return policy. I would stay away from the cheapest model of any of the brands as you get what you pay for.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've had a Sena SMH10 for over a year now, love it. Just picked up a second headset for the GF in advance of Maggie Valley so we can keep each other company beyond hand signals and love taps.

Super easy to work, very straightforward, great battery life, excellent quality for the price.

Be aware that the volume isn't super loud, and not much bass. I find it's actually easier to hear it *through* my earplugs than without. Also, the latest firmware enhances the volume a bit so that helps. Ditto little speakerpads (included in the box with the latest Senas) that help bring the speakers in closer to your ears.

Only caveat is that there are a *few* helmets that are hard to fit these to-- the thicker the base of your helmet, the trickier it can be to mount. Likewise, the first time you route the speaker wires around your helmet it can be a pain. But once installed, no complaints.

Spyder Garage

Default Sena mikes...

I bought the Sena SMH10 from www.revzilla.com. Be sure you order the right configuration. I have a modular helmet and my wife a full face and needed a boom mike for me and wired mike for wife. Sena has many "mike" configurations be sure you get the one you need.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for all of the posts!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
    Does anyone know of a cheap two way communication for driver and passenger? I am looking for one that works for a full face helmet. Thanks for any suggestions.
    What, you're tired of the punch in the kidney method?
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default HEADSETS

Contact Dave at Dave's Custom Upholstery. He is a site sponsor and a SENA dealer. He fixed me up with two SENA headsets for me and the wife. We love them!!! As good as advertised.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

There are lots of brands out there that make communication possible. The two most mentioned on the site are Cardo and Sena. I used Cardo the past four seasons and switched over to Sena SMH10's this season.

I prefer the Sena to the Cardo. Longer reception distance than the Cardo 2's I was using, much quieter reception (no static) in between. They can be left open so that you do not have to speak to activate them. For me, the volume can be turned up loud enough to hurt my eardrums. Installation was easier and more sturdy on my Nolan helmets than the Cardo's were.

I found them for around $200 for a set at Motorcycle Super Store. Suggested price is about $350.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red