Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Get these:

But be careful of those longer right angled ones. At high speeds they have been known to leak due to more mass wiggling about. A fellow rider had them and we couldn't figure out why he was losing tire pressure after a few laps on the track. That is, until we wiggled those valve stems.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Mike, Just ordered one. I agree if its easier than it will be done more often.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default VALVE SWITCHING

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    When BRP contracted with a rim manufacturer back in 06 that's where the manufacturer put the hole, Simple as that! No conspiracy to make your air checking difficult.
    Some times a cigar is just a cigar.
    Bob I also plan to move the Valve stem on my RSS .......I'm just a " REBEL "....and I also don't choose to use genuine BRP dealer supplied air in my tires, not because I can't afford it........just because ........Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 12-13-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default ABSOLUTELY DO NOT GET THOSE

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    Get these: Those are not steel and will not work ....also the insert part is too short ....get the mtc steel 85 degree ones from KURVEYGIRL.COM NOT THE ONE PICTURED BELOW

But be careful of those longer right angled ones. At high speeds they have been known to leak due to more mass wiggling about. A fellow rider had them and we couldn't figure out why he was losing tire pressure after a few laps on the track. That is, until we wiggled those valve stems.
    I have 8000 + miles on my KURVEYGIRL'S AND ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS......But you can do what ever you want....good Luck Mike

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Bob I also plan to move the Valve stem on my RSS .......I'm just a " REBEL "....and I also don't choose to use genuine BRP dealer supplied air in my tires, not because I can't afford it........just because ........Mike
    Same here, I have my own compressor so i use Jersey air. As far as being a Rebel, I do thing's that
    make the hair on the back of some engineers necks stand up.
    As far as the placement of the valve stem,That's tradition where they place it, Kind of like the reason
    that every Greek dinner in the NY/NJ area serves Split Pea soup on Thursday's.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have 8000 + miles on my KURVEYGIRL'S AND ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS......But you can do what ever you want....good Luck Mike
    Thanks for the clarification. (Note I didn't research it in detail, I only suggested the style of stem)
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default NO HARM ...NO FOUL

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. (Note I didn't research it in detail, I only suggested the style of stem)
    You are welcome ...I did research it, and saw the ones you posted and pictured...they are aluminum and are favored by the people who count weight savings in " GRAMS ".. but they are not very sturdy and as I stated the internal stem is too short......they will only work on a mtc type rim that is curved in the middle because that is where you mount them...Sorry for the long winded explantion but I just thought all would like to know " WHY " , the Kurveygirl is best...also the aluminum ones are about $ 25 + each .......K-girl $ 5 each......you do the math ...Mike

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Or when you change the rear tire just move the stem to the other side of the wheel...and get an 85 degree metal mtc stem from Kurveygirl.com 2@$10 + 2.50 to ship it .......Merry Christmas ....Mike..

Can this stem be used where the original stem is now? Looks like it might be easier to get to.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Daily exercise