Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pslawing View Post
    . For some reason reading these forums make you want to "Get It ALL" We don't want to miss anything do we? So when can we be satisfied??????
    You've got that right!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    The 2013s don't need them. The purpose of the relocators is to position the shocks on the earlier Spyders more vertically, so they are similar to the 2013s.
    I was wondering about this...I own a 2012 RT and test road the 2013 ST at Spyderfest. Since they took us on a long ride including high speed hwy I was very impressed with how straight it tracked and how stable it was compared to mine. Pitbull did the shock relo kit for me while I was there and I've noticed a definite improvement akin to the 2013 test ride. In fact, it was VERY windy here yesterday and the RT tracked like it was on rails. An excellent upgrade!!

Spyder Garage

Default reloctor nightmare

i had the reloctors put on at pittbull spyderfest and it was a nightmare.....after they got them on i went to leave and the check engine light came on.....did go to gas station and checked oil....then to vendor village and check engine light kept coming on....said something to lamont and with a laugh he said it was coincidetal that this was happening....so back to pittbull i go and after len bounces the front ent of my rt...he told me to just go ahead and ride it for the day for check engine light doesn't mean all that.....well i think it does when the screen turns orange it means something.......so i check for codes and it says something about the air intake system.....so i tell the BRP tech...and finally they hook up the computer....he thinks i have pinched wire......so he takes the frunk off and sure enough....a group of 4 pinched wires in with the relocator.....not only did pittbull mechanics do the work but i have a picture working on the side that the problem was.....so he repaired the wires and all was well....and yes the handling around the curves is great....seems to just melt into those curves....but then when i arrived home i see on the right side by the shock this black hose hanging down, and on the left side i see a group of wires hanging down....so i take the tuperware off and for the life of me i cannot figure out how the air intake hose fits back up into the correct position after the relocator is installed....it DOES NOT FIT....and it almost had a hole in the hose from being pinched up against the air valve....so i had to zip tie it up and i also did the wires on the other side..........just to unorganized at spyderfest......

Spyder Garage

I installed my relocators and there was not any loose wires in the area of the relocators. I wonder if during some other service someone left something loose?

The best you can say is it was organized madness trying to service 4 times the amount of people that was possible with the crew they had. They did damn good in my book.

JT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    I installed my relocators and there was not any loose wires in the area of the relocators. I wonder if during some other service someone left something loose?

The best you can say is it was organized madness trying to service 4 times the amount of people that was possible with the crew they had. They did damn good in my book.

JT
    NO.......

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

JT
    I disagree...trying to service 4 times the amount of people that was possible with the crew they had resulted in disappointed and unhappy customers. I know because I was one of them!

Spyder Garage

Default Reports on Pitbull's Relocator?????

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I've heard enough; I've just got to figure out a way to get some money to him, and a "discreet" package back...
    Have it sent to the office Bob, that is what I ..... never mind.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

She works here with me...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post
    I disagree...trying to service 4 times the amount of people that was possible with the crew they had resulted in disappointed and unhappy customers. I know because I was one of them!
    I don't think they had much choice on how many showed up trying to get things installed.

JT

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool Relocators

How much are these for a 2011 RS-S? Are they something that I can install myself?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by The Bakerman View Post
    How much are these for a 2011 RS-S? Are they something that I can install myself?
    $200 and yes I have a step by step on here somewhere... here it is.

JT
    Last edited by jthornton; 05-06-2013 at 02:36 PM. Reason: found link

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

$200 and yes I have a step by step on here somewhere... here it is.

JT
    thanks, I appreciate the quick response.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post
    I kinda had similar experience, close to 4 hours waiting on my appt and they pretty much left a nut off one of the shocks. BUT, I was neither disappointed or unhappy. I was grateful that they were able to work on mine at all. ( I needed a code checked and I threw in the shock relo kit at the last minute). They kept me informed, they were pleasant and very reasonable on cost plus I got a few hours to BS with other Spyder owners. Given the zoo going on there and the lousy weather it was tough on those guys working 12 hour days-that's when mistakes happen. If it wasn't raining and 34 degrees when I left there I would have double checked the work myself like I always do, simple fix and nothing bad happened. I still wouldn't hesitate to have them do work. New dealership, I'm sure they will improve on the situation for next year.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't think they had much choice on how many showed up trying to get things installed.

JT
    They just flat-out got SWAMPED! From what I saw around there; the BRP folks were also stepping in to lend a hand as well, wherever they were needed.
    But they sure could have used about six more bays, and a dozen more techs!

Spyder Garage

I put mine on last week and gave them a good work out. Wow! Much better in turns. Can take the turns at even higher speeds now. Worth the money. Oh this was two up with the wife on back and she could tell the difference. Alot less slaps to the back of my head. I have the sway bar and elkas also.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kubie View Post
    I Have an STS and Ron said he wasn't making sway bars for the 13s because BRP is making one that would compare to his for less money then he could make them for! Don't know about the RTs
    I am currently having Test Pilots install and ride prototype sway bars for the 2013 RT. I hope to have these in production by the middle of next month. It depends on how smoothly (or un-smoothly) the R&D process goes.

Originally, I had not planned to produce a sway bar for the ST/RS models because BRP has a heavier bar that can be installed. But the jury is still out on this option. I am waiting to see what more owners think. If they need it, I'll make it.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kinggeek View Post
    I have all three/four handling mods on my RT, each done one at a time and I can tell you all three/four made a difference.

1. Car Tires
    • OK NOT REALLY a handling mod but...
    • Made handling slightly better, less body roll more stable in turns, due to stiffer side walls and higher tire pressure without sacrificing ride quality in the bumps.
    • Completed just before Spyderfest 2012

2. Elka Stage 1+
    • Marked enhancement in handling
    • Sacrificed some ride quality due to higher pre-load causing road bumps to be a little harsh.
    • Completed at Spyderfest 2012

3. BajaRon's Anti-Swaybar
    • Without a doubt the BEST of the 4 handling mods for the money spent.
    • Reduced Elka Pre-Load and got some ride quality back, bumps are now not so jarring.
    • Made the ride MUCH more stable in turns
    • Almost eliminated body roll
    • Completed 1 week after Ron started shipping them

4. Pitbull's Shock Relocator
    • Seriously raised the pucker factor in combination with mods 1-3.
    • Reduced Elka Pre-Load even more and got more ride quality back, now I only feel the hardest bumps and they are not so bad.
    • Raised the front slightly but reduced pre-load brought it back down.
    • Body roll is GONE!
    • RT now track like it is on RAILS and ride quality is now fantastic.
    • Completed at Spyderfest 2013

I truly have the best of performance and comfort now, EXACTLY what the RT should have been from day one, still testing the limits, hopefully without killing myself!

I would put my RT up against any Spyder/Cruiser out there in the twisties at this point. It is so much fun I cannot wait to go ride even if it is just to go to the store for a gallon of milk.

Every time I come out of a curve I now say to myself "OH MY GOD THAT WAS UNBELIEVABLE!"
    I put a Toyo Proxes 4 on my 2012 RT and what a difference and just put a BajaRon sway bar on together they are great. I live in the north west part of Arizona and we ride many mountain road with sharp curves so this will help a lot.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

JT
    Disagree. They had a choice on how many appointments they took (made mine weeks in advance) and how many walk-ins they added. IMO they tried to service everyone at the detriment to some of us with appointments. I chalked this up as a learning experience...don't have any service done at Pitbull's during Spyderfest.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) pslawing's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZCowboy View Post
    I put a Toyo Proxes 4 on my 2012 RT and what a difference and just put a BajaRon sway bar on together they are great. I live in the north west part of Arizona and we ride many mountain road with sharp curves so this will help a lot.

What are Toyo Proxes 4 ???

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tires.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Amazing Change

I have a 2011 RT and when I rode the Three Sisters to Leaky Tx I was way behind the Two wheelers , But Now I installed the BajaRon sway bar kit first, tremendous improvement, next I installed the relocator and Elka Stage 1 installed at Lamonts BBQ and got another boost in stability in all areas. The sway from all the Air turbulence is almost gone. The bike handles so so much better , its like riding something different all over again.

I would do all three again! When I rode the Dragon I had a broken Tie link so no fair.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I swapped out the rear tire a few months back for a Toyo--Excellent tire!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've heard good things about Toyo; how do they appear to be wearing?