Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    Cindy & I stayed at the Best Western. It was reasnably priced, had the indoor/enclosed pool and hot tub, and all the other standard amenities.

There was one thing though that I took the time out to fill our the motel survey only to comment and compliment the little girl, Sylvia, who took care of the breakfast room. That little girl was a "working machine". She was constantly cleaning, resupplying food and just over all outstanding attention to the people who ate there. I would not hesitate hiring her to work for my company. She represented Best Western very well and I let them know. (Plus she was cute as a June bug)

Chris
    Chris, her sister must have been working at the Comfort Inn because we had a "working machine" there too. She kept offering to refill our coffee cups which I thought was going above and beyond.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Stayed at the Baymont Inn South. GREAT room, GREAT breakfast, GREAT group of Spyders staying there. That will be my base next year too.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Elembytes View Post
    Just tossing my 2-cents in--

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on St. Louis Street- just not far from Pitbull Powersports. I think we were the ONLY Spyder Owners there which was sad as it was not conducive to meeting others and talking and making friends etc., but this hotel was very very nice. Free USA today each morning- clean- I mean walking on the carpet with white socks, didn't even turn black! (always nice to know) Free breakfast daily, very clean, very nice, and quiet. Free Wi-Fi- etc., Well maintained and no defects detected, not like some of what you all are reporting from the other hotels. Hearing some of this, I am glad we stayed where we did!

Just FYI- for Spyderfest 2014!

I was at the Comfort Inn and the staff was very accommodating and the room was OK, about average for a Comfort Inn. I spend a lot of time in hotels, sitting in a Comfort Inn right now. I like HIExpress, I'm Platinum at Holiday Inn 60+ nights/year and Choice Motels. I always stayed at the HIExpress in Rolla, MO during past SF's. Always get a good clean room at a HIExpress.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Shawna at Comfort Inn took care of the breakfast area. She too refilled coffee cups and juice glasses. Even brought more food and took away used plates etc. Now I'm not a hugger but she insisted on giving each one of us a hug before we left Sunday. And I swear I even saw a tear on her cheek as we were leaving.

Spyder Garage

Default Hotel Review......America's Best Value Inn

Thank you o much for your comments. Rest assured Len and Mogang will look into this and our recommended hotels will be checked out before they make our list. For 2013 America's best was still a Motel 8 when we visited them and we did not see what you experienced. I apologize and we will o better for 2014

SpyderLady

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    Thank you o much for your comments. Rest assured Len and Mogang will look into this and our recommended hotels will be checked out before they make our list. For 2013 America's best was still a Motel 8 when we visited them and we did not see what you experienced. I apologize and we will o better for 2014
    Linda you guys did a fantastic job and can not be expected to look at every hotel room in the city.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default HOTEL during Spyderfest

My hotel was BAYMONT INN & SUITES on South Glenstone. $67.96. They gave me 20% off each night for staying at least 3 nights.I was there from Tues.-Sun. Great breakfast,clean room,microwave,refrig.Very friendly staff.Already booked for next year. Deb {boots}

Spyder Garage

Default Hotel Review......America's Best Value Inn

Oh, I didn't mean anything against the MoGang or Spyderfest.... It was my own fault for not getting into a better hotel sooner. Just wanted others to be cautious about America's Best.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What? You're not blaming the MoGang?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

top tier motel: holiday inn express, hampton inn, they become quality inn/days inn and such after a while, then those become econolodge, americas value inn. comfort inn fits somewhere between top tier and days inn/quality inn(much closer to top tier) and do build their own buildings but there are some that are around bit too long but 98% are good. best western are hit and miss yes but more hit than miss for the price.

only motels i don't look inside room first before i check(i travel A LOT) in is holidayinn express, hampton inn and comfort inn.
    Last edited by aka1004; 05-01-2013 at 09:45 PM.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Linda you guys did a fantastic job and can not be expected to look at every hotel room in the city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Oh, I didn't mean anything against the MoGang or Spyderfest.... It was my own fault for not getting into a better hotel sooner. Just wanted others to be cautious about America's Best.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    Guys, you have no control over the places to stay. You can block the rooms and it is up to management to set the rates. You can let the management at the America's Best Inn know that it did not live it's name, but informing us on the avaliable hotels is enough work for you guys. I think we can voice our opinions to the management of our respective hotels and hopefully their service/accomodations will improve for next year! Thanks again for your AMAZING work!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    Guys, you have no control over the places to stay. You can block the rooms and it is up to management to set the rates. You can let the management at the America's Best Inn know that it did not live it's name, but informing us on the avaliable hotels is enough work for you guys. I think we can voice our opinions to the management of our respective hotels and hopefully their service/accomodations will improve for next year! Thanks again for your AMAZING work!
    100%

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The comfort inn in Ozark was nice, and closer to the events than springfield.

Spyder Garage

Stayed down the street at Days Inn. Won't stay there again. Lots of little maintenance issues in both rooms we were in. The first room let the Friday rain in, through the ceiling. Evening desk clerk showed no interest in knowing what the issues were. Fact he got a bit testy when I offered to list them. I can only imagine his attitude when he had one of the other Spyder couples evicted after a somewhat spirited exchange when the occupants, quite rightly IMHO, refused to plunge their stopped-up, overflowing, toilet themselves or mop up the mess.
    Last edited by 2 Cruysyn; 05-03-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Baja Ron - Dimple - Ultimate - Lamonster Garage - K&N - Smoothspyder - Amsoil - Hiflo - FOBO - Spyderpops

Sena - Dynaplug - Shoei - Tourmaster - Garmin

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Cruysyn View Post
    Stayed down the street at Days Inn. Won't stay there again. Lots of little maintenance issues in both rooms we were in. The first room let the Friday rain in, through the ceiling. Evening desk clerk showed no interest in knowing what the issues were. Fact he got a bit testy when I offered to list them. I can only imagine his attitude when he had one of the other Spyder couples evicted after a somewhat spirited exchange when the occupants, quite rightly IMHO, refused to plunge their stopped-up, overflowing, toilet themselves or mop up the mess.
    Sorry to hear of all your problems with this establishment.