Thread: Toe alignment?

Spyder Garage

Default Toe alignment?

So my left tire has major uneven wear. The right isn't that bad so I think it's a toe issue. My dealer in town when I called said they would look at it but didn't say he could fix a toe alignment either so I feel like it would be a waste of cash to go there. Do you'll know if a car tire business can take care of this problem. The inside of the left tire is almost slick while the outside of tire is perfect. The dealer just didn't make me feel good about what they could do. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Spyder601; 04-23-2013 at 08:28 PM.
    17 F3 Limited (Pearl White), Sena 10C intercom, X Grip iPhone mount, IPS key, spyder to go cup holder, Lamonster Highway Center Lane, TricLED engine lights, TricLED night rider, LS2 Helmets, Lamonster Bypass pipe, 2 Brothers Exhaust, mirror relocator kit, Bluetooth radio module, OEM Backrest, Rear LED Light Kit

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

While you could have a toe-out issue, the heavier wear on one tire indicates a suspension problem. That needs to be found and fixed before an alignment is done. The Spyder needs to be checked for loose wheel bearings, worn shock bushings, worn a-arm bushings, paly in the ball joints or tie-rod ends, and damaged a-arms or tie-rods. The frame brackets where the suspension components mount could also be cracked or damaged. There might be multiple issues. Find and fix everything bent, cracked, or loose first, then woory about replacing the tires and doing an alignment.

Spyder Garage

Are these all things that a respectable can am dealer could check and fix?
    17 F3 Limited (Pearl White), Sena 10C intercom, X Grip iPhone mount, IPS key, spyder to go cup holder, Lamonster Highway Center Lane, TricLED engine lights, TricLED night rider, LS2 Helmets, Lamonster Bypass pipe, 2 Brothers Exhaust, mirror relocator kit, Bluetooth radio module, OEM Backrest, Rear LED Light Kit

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yes the should be able to repair any loose or broken parts 1 if they have time and are dilligent about finding the real problem and repairing it than tires and alignment.

Spyder Garage

Default I had the same

My LF tire was almost bald on the inner half while the outer was in great shape. I put new car tires on at about 9500 miles. I also noticed that while going straight down the road my hanlebars were not centered. The dealer aligned it and said it was out by a fair amount. I've got about 3K miles on the new tires and they look fine so far. I will be watching closely. There are lots of reasons posted here over the last several months about why those tires wear unevenly. Hard to know it there is a definite answer or not. Bad alignment s/b fixed in any case. IMHO.

Spyder Garage

You can actually check the alignment as per the service manual with a 6' straight edge a couple of C clamps and a magnetic laser level and a tape measure.

JT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder601 View Post
    Are these all things that a respectable can am dealer could check and fix?

Always make sure to call first and then get an appointment. If you are waiting on it tell them, if you don't you might be pitching a tent for a while.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Out of box setup

From your description it sounds like you had a poor setup when it came out of the crate. If your servicing dealer and sales dealer are the same you might want to mention that fact. Or ask for a better tech......

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    You can actually check the alignment as per the service manual with a 6' straight edge a couple of C clamps and a magnetic laser level and a tape measure.

JT
    and instructions details. thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jerpinoy View Post
    and instructions details. thanks
    Check this out. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ight=alignment

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the great information. I will see what I can find. One last question when the time comes for me to buy new tires for the front which I have to do what after market tire fits and what brand do you recommend. Thanks again

is this the protenza tire I have heard people reference

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bridgestone-...82289b&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by Spyder601; 04-24-2013 at 07:16 PM.

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default alignment

So my left tire has major uneven wear. The right isn't that bad so I think it's a toe issue. My dealer in town when I called said they would look at it but didn't say he could fix a toe alignment either so I feel like it would be a waste of cash to go there. Do you'll know if a car tire business can take care of this problem. The inside of the left tire is almost slick while the outside of tire is perfect. The dealer just didn't make me feel good about what they could do. Thanks in advance!

i had the same problem with the right side, the lower balljoint was bad

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ocfire82 View Post
    i had the same problem with the right side, the lower balljoint was bad
    Was dealership able to replace the ball joint.

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Was dealership able to replace the ball joint.

i do my own work on my it hasent been to a dealer since i bought it

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ocfire82 View Post
    i do my own work on my it hasn't been to a dealer since i bought it
    Where did you get the BUDS software?

JT

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    Where did you get the BUDS software?

JT

I dont have the software. one day I may take it to a dealer and have the brake warning removed. but there 3 hours away