Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New 3-Wheeler Coming to Market

Interesting 3-wheel concept car/motorcycle depending on how it is classified to being production in the USA soon.... Cheap, great gas mileage and sure to the same 'wow' effect as the Spyder....

https://www.eliomotors.com/

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe there is a another thread on here about this. I personaly would believe it, when I had the clear title for the advertized price. Oldmanzues

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

It will sell if anyone has any money left to buy anything

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

$6800? I'll believe it when I see it.

I didn't read the terms of the reservation form to see if it had a money-back provision if they don't make it. But even if it does, could you really get it back?

I may sign up for updates, and see how it goes, though. If they can do it for that price, I'd be interested.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Repeat..!!

they have posted this one several times but not with all the info and updated materials. This is a car three wheeled like those of yester year.. Old morgans etc... still like the fact that if worse comes to worse I can jump off..
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

http://news.yahoo.com/no-helmets-req...200828011.html

It is fully enclosed with seat belts and airbags. Can't be much of a "wow" factor and sure sounds like a car. To each his/her own, I guess.

I saw something similar last weekend, but it was open top. It had a P-R-N-D-2-1 gear shifter and a seat belt. I think that is a car also, though the owner said it was classified as a motorcycle.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    they have posted this one several times but not with all the info and updated materials. This is a car three wheeled like those of yester year.. Old morgans etc... still like the fact that if worse comes to worse I can jump off..
    I think Buckminster Fuller did a prototype of a 3-wheeled car, but the rear wheel did the steering, like a rudder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Elio has been brought up in here a couple of times now... I hope that they manage to make it happen!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    $6800? I'll believe it when I see it.

I didn't read the terms of the reservation form to see if it had a money-back provision if they don't make it. But even if it does, could you really get it back?

I may sign up for updates, and see how it goes, though. If they can do it for that price, I'd be interested.
    They have a Facebook page to follow on, I am very interested in this car.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't think i'd be slapping a deposit on one real soon!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default New 3 wheeler

I'd like to see one of those try to make it through a New England winter!!! If I hit one of those with my Chevy 2500HD P/U, the guy driving that thing wouldn't have time to bend over and kiss his goodbye! No thank you!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default New 3-Wheeler Coming to Market

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
    I'd like to see one of those try to make it through a New England winter!!! If I hit one of those with my Chevy 2500HD P/U, the guy driving that thing wouldn't have time to bend over and kiss his goodbye! No thank you!!!!
    What do you think would happen if you hit the same guy on a bike or a spyder?

Spyder Garage

So, the government classifies this as a motorcycle. The question now is, will LEO's enforce helmet laws in states that require it?

Spyder Garage

Here is the latest Elio thread. There is a link to their "official" website. Read carefully and make your decision before sending them a deposit. Caveat Emptor

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...highlight=elio

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Emptor those caveats"
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Pre-advertising to get enough deposits to gain financial baking to build the factory like to make them and they wouldn't come out at $6800 and if they did I wouldn't buy one. Heap o ****e because you can never get more than what you pay for.

There will be others with much better WOW factor than even the Spyder but they will never cost as little as $6800. Thats the cost of a good front suspension system alone for a quad!! (Not quite these days thank goodness)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll give them a change but for sure I'll buy one. I'll love to drive ELIO all year round here in the northwest. I will hold on my money first.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default ELIOMOTOS CAR

Sorry -- Missed all the previous posts... It's a pretty interesting concept. Market a small 3-wheel car (don't consider it a motorcycle and don't think the state of Virginia will consider it a motorcycle either), economical on gas (sure it will be decent, but not the anticipated 89 MPG they claim), and cheap ($6800 - doubt that sticker price will stick). After reading the fine print for reservations -- nothing is guaranteed and all funds deposited for reservations is NONREFUNDABLE! I would think they would at least honor the price if people are willing to 'invest' in the concept, but hey -- you do get a T-shirt!! . Otherwise, it smells like a like a scam!! Regarding the wow factor, just like the continues to receive questions at every stop (either people have never seen it before or just heard about them), I'm sure the Elio vehicle (not named yet) will get the same attention (wow factor), if or when, it is produced. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out next summer, until then, we'll have to wait!!

BTW: In 2010, I bought a new 3-wheel AutoMoto after hearing that it drives @ near highway speeds and gets 83 MPG. Well, it does get up to 55 mile an hour. I never intended to commute to work via I-95 (30 mile commute), but it commutes very well on US-1 where the max speed limit for most of the commute is 45 MPG. The Automoto top speed is 55 MPH. However, the max MPG I've ever gotten is 66 MPG. This isn't bad, but way off from the advertised 83 MPG. After contacting the company, they stated it was based on standard tests for all vehicles which is for short distances and very low speeds. Apparently, the Automoto gets better gas mileage in the city than going faster on the highway. Anyway, my Honda Shadow 750 gets 52 MPG and my commutes are much faster, so I stopped riding the Automoto except for short trips around the house. Therefore, I won't believe the Elio hype until it's been proven!!