Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    Bob Denman was smart with
    his handle, as I remember his whole name, and
    will address him that way when I see him. Same
    with FaranH , MickeyFisher and Fred Rau.
    It's wasn't any "smarts" that caused it to happen; it's the only way that I can even remember my OWN name each morning!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruisersbaby View Post
    Being 'slightly' older than you, Bruiser and I can really relate to all you have said. So many times I will see someone, maybe in a store, restaurant, whatever, know that I should know who they are, but cannot remember. Bruiser has the same problem, and we sit and ask each other, "now, where do we know them from?" "The face is familiar" - and on and on. We lived through the 60's, and actually survived, but the flightline ruined Bruiser's hearing and he also deals with the tinnitis (ringing in the ears) constantly. i believe that so many people know you, Lamont, whether personally or on SL, that they will not forget your name. But, I do not believe you should have to remember all of us!!!

Looking forward to seeing you, and everyone else, very soon. Oh, if you want a hint - I'll be the one with the spiky, white hair!!!
    and how many of us will have spiky white hair Lamont you are not alone. I believe about 75% of us are in the same boat. It was great of you to let everyone know your situation though, being you are in the lime light everyone knows you and feels like you are like a brother and forgets that you have met so many people and it is impossible for you to remember everyone. It gives everyone heads up. Looking forward in seeing everyone at spyderfest.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I am Scotty...and I look exactly like my avatar, in case you have trouble putting the name with the face.
    My Avatar is much prettier than I am...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Monkey View Post
    I'm probably one of the younger users here (42) and I can totally relate. Don't have the tinnitus but I have a real hard time with memory and hearing. I'm hoping the memory is from my wreck a few years ago and not following in my father's footsteps with Alzheimers.
    Your honesty is refreshing. But I like you I get tired of explaining over and over the problem to everyone I meet so sometimes I'll fake remembering somebody or take my best guess at what they said.
    The brain is a weird thing. I'll not remember the name of someone I worked with for years but yesterday I recognized and remembered the name of my wife's obstetrician that I have not seen in 12 years...
    You are not that far off from myself... and I have to say that I am younger than you! And this is why:

Quote Originally Posted by bruisersbaby View Post
    We just finished putting all 900+ name tags and badges together at Spyderlady's house. So, it should be easier to read everyone's name when meeting them. They'll be on a Neck lanyard.
    Cannot begin to thank the MOGang enough for everything!
    Thank you Guys! This is the best system by far without having to train your memory so much that you do not enjoy Spyderfest.
    It is actually a simple and effective way. We do "Name Tag Weekends" at Church were we make our parishoners fill out a name tag sticker (or if you have a work or KofC nametag) so we can "add a name to that face". Seems there is a great response since everyone either bring their nametags or fill one out. But it works, which is what we want. Looking forward to Spyderfest!!

BTW... the easiest way to Lamont remember your name is to break or mess up one of his tools/install's... He will follow your name by a 4 letter word (or before your name)...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default In my time,

It was Bull Island for me. The name is Richard (AKA rcdurango)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default ??????????????????

Lamont( Is that right?????????????)
    Welcome to "GETTING OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Wild Bill

Free Thinking Member
    Spyder Garage

A big THANK YOU goes out to MOGang for the name tags. Those will be very helpful for me as I also suffer from CRS.

Lamont, I seriously wouldn't expect you to remember the names of everyone you meet at these things. You are out there so much meeting so many people. And I for sure don't expect you to remember me. We only met once and you weren't having one of your better weeks. It was the Owners Event in Chicago and you were possibly under the influence of painkillers.

IMG_9864.jpg

Senior Moment
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I just wanted to let you know that I am really bad with remembering names, even the ones I know well. My mind seems to be blanking out more than usual and even though we may have met several times before I may not remember who you are or your name. A lot of times I just stay with the conversation hoping it will come back to me. I know this is somewhat disrespectful but I mean no disrespect and it's not that you're not that important to me, you are. So if I look a little lost when you come up and say hi it's because I am, I guess the 70's were a little hard on me and that part of my memory seems to be fading quick.

I might add that I'm hard of hearing and have sever ringing in my ears so I do a lot of lip reading and try and figure out what your saying by putting the rest of the conversation together. So if you ask me a question and I give you some off the wall answer it's most likely I didn't hear it correctly and took my best shot at it. I honestly never planned on living this long and my past lifestyle has caught up to me and it really bothers me because I love people and if I could have two wishes it wouldn't be for fame or fortune, it would be for the ringing in my ears to stop and that I could remember everyone's name when I meet them.

Can't wait to see you all at Spyderfest
    All I can say Lamont is my wife and I very much enjoyed your company when we had chance to stop by.. You are good people and we all know world needs more of you
    Last edited by Jimmy Neutron; 04-15-2013 at 08:39 AM. Reason: bad spelling

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lamont, thank you for sharing. I have the same similarities. Don't worry, what is important to me is your good heart of being helpful to all. 22 years working on jet engines takes toll especially doing (QA) inspection during High power turns 105%I'm just glad I'm still here.

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

NOW HEAR THIS YOU'ALL BETTER COME SEE ME AT SPYDERFEST.. sorry for speaking loudly but i wanted to make sure some of you heard me.
    Last edited by scooterexpress; 04-15-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Who is Lamont?

Spyder Garage

Default Ringing in the ears

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I just wanted to let you know that I am really bad with remembering names, even the ones I know well. My mind seems to be blanking out more than usual and even though we may have met several times before I may not remember who you are or your name. A lot of times I just stay with the conversation hoping it will come back to me. I know this is somewhat disrespectful but I mean no disrespect and it's not that you're not that important to me, you are. So if I look a little lost when you come up and say hi it's because I am, I guess the 70's were a little hard on me and that part of my memory seems to be fading quick.

I might add that I'm hard of hearing and have sever ringing in my ears so I do a lot of lip reading and try and figure out what your saying by putting the rest of the conversation together. So if you ask me a question and I give you some off the wall answer it's most likely I didn't hear it correctly and took my best shot at it. I honestly never planned on living this long and my past lifestyle has caught up to me and it really bothers me because I love people and if I could have two wishes it wouldn't be for fame or fortune, it would be for the ringing in my ears to stop and that I could remember everyone's name when I meet them.

Can't wait to see you all at Spyderfest

Lamont, I have ringing in my ears, I was going crazy, my wife saw a sign in the doctors office for a hearing aid place that said it could help with Tinnitus, I was fitted with hearing aids and boy did it change things, they can put a program into them that emits white noise, this works great for the Tinnitus as it gives the brain something to do rather than listening to the ringing and as a side it improved my hearing. it really worked for me, they are expensive but they usually let you try them for 2 months, that's what my place let me do, can only help!

Dave