Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the post. I don't think you are going to run into any problems over it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    .......have hearing loss and tinnitus too. Surprisingly what got rid of it was wearing hearing aids. Was told when I got them that it would eliminate the ringing, and sure was surprised when it did.

As for not remembering names, welcome to the club. Years ago when I was single I forgot a girl friends name, and to most non-appropriate moment too . Fortunately for me she understood my memory issues.
    Me too!! I spent a small fortune on hearing aids.....about $3000 US....and not only did I have to listen to all of the music I'd bought in the last 15 years again but also my tinnitus reduced significantly.
    My memory recall works intermittently but never when I need it too!
    So Lamont don't despair we're all of an age where these things seem normal! As for the 70s......what were they??? I think I must have missed them!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Embarrassing confessions about those of you I see at Spyderfest

Being under 40 I suffer from CRS as well. I am glad there are going to be name tags at spyderfest.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kevorama View Post
    We just finished putting all 900+ name tags and badges together at Spyderlady's house. So, it should be easier to read everyone's name when meeting them. They'll be on a Neck lanyard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, bless your hearts! Thank you!

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Is that a pink/purple scooter or is my monitor color off ????????????

Now, there is a guy that's secure about his masculinity.
    It is a 1960 Honda "Tokyo Rose" Benly Touring. It is unrestored. That's the factory color. Mine is the fifth one that has been found...and arguably the best original ever discovered. A couple more have been found since, as well as some "pink" Dream Tourings. As far as my masculinity, I'm not sure even a girl would ride this one.

Spyder Garage

Lamont you are not alone Bro! All those years of riding and working without any ear protection, that is the way things were. It took quite a few years before anyone realized all the damage that was being done to their hearing. I wonder how the kids today will be in the future, all of them running around with earbuds on cranking up the music? I hope they will be okay? We are all getting old together hopefully! Hang in there Bro! We can only do our best! Ride safe! Denny
    Last edited by somanyroads; 04-15-2013 at 04:36 AM.
    " SO MANY ROADS SO LITTLE TIME "
    2009 SE-5 , Yellow/Black

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Not fair!! You have a valid reason for what ails you, some of us wish we did.....and don't.
    You're a good guy Lamont and that's all that matters to any of us.

Spyder Garage

We just finished putting all 900+ name tags and badges together at Spyderlady's house. So, it should be easier to read everyone's name when meeting them. They'll be on a Neck lanyard.

You guys are so totally awesome!
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Spyder Garage

Lamont, your parents are the cause of the problems you describe.

Mother Nature & Father Time

KYSPYDER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I just wanted to let you know that I am really bad with remembering names, even the ones I know well. My mind seems to be blanking out more than usual and even though we may have met several times before I may not remember who you are or your name. A lot of times I just stay with the conversation hoping it will come back to me. I know this is somewhat disrespectful but I mean no disrespect and it's not that you're not that important to me, you are. So if I look a little lost when you come up and say hi it's because I am, I guess the 70's were a little hard on me and that part of my memory seems to be fading quick.

I might add that I'm hard of hearing and have sever ringing in my ears so I do a lot of lip reading and try and figure out what your saying by putting the rest of the conversation together. So if you ask me a question and I give you some off the wall answer it's most likely I didn't hear it correctly and took my best shot at it. I honestly never planned on living this long and my past lifestyle has caught up to me and it really bothers me because I love people and if I could have two wishes it wouldn't be for fame or fortune, it would be for the ringing in my ears to stop and that I could remember everyone's name when I meet them.

Can't wait to see you all at Spyderfest

And you're who again?.....you say that you run some kind of forum for some sort of insect thing that you can ride on....that's pretty far fetched!! Just We all know and love ya Mr. ahh Mr. ahhhhLamonster... looking forward to seeing you again this year at Spyderfest...see ya soon!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It is a lot easier for me to remember such a big help, along with some others, on here and in person. I am horrible at remembering names and even faces. I met one of the ones who can yesterday at a PGR Mission. If I rember a name for other people on the mission, I try to use it. Not many people I can remember. If I do not rember the face, I just admit it and say I do not know if we have met or not. Said that to a guy and he replied, the last name I saw you on SGT XXXX's funeral on your red ST1100. I have been on Spyders since my new 2008 GS. Oldmanzues

Spyder Garage

Can totally relate. I have a pin for my vest that says "Don't remember your name either but still glad to see you".

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Embarrassing confessions about those of you I see at Spyderfest

Yeppers! CRS seems to run rampant in our "Age Group". After the Combat Tours, I got tired of the wife hitting me to get my attention! Broke down and got some Hearing Aids (Quieted the Tentinitis too!)!! Just have to take enough pictures to remember what I did while I was there. Hope to FINALLY meet you @ SF. Bandit

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Cannot begin to thank the MOGang enough for everything!

Spyder Garage

Too much loud farm machinery, too much dain bramage from partying, age, stress. I have the same issues. Just call me "hey you" and I will be just fine.
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you so much! That makes it so much easier.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i tattooed my name upside down on my arm so i can remember who I am... worked in a rock and roll band.. can't use ear plugs 'cause they give me a headache..

always think my phone is ringing,,, and I'm never around it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Spyder View Post
    I've never seen you wear hearing aids Tom.
    I don't wear them anymore, as I forgot where I put them.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default In the same boat..!!

Shouldn't be embarrassing or a confession. Anyone who meets as many folks as you do can't be expected to remember them all. Our mind get more selective and our filing system gets full. You more than likely remember the older meetings names and faces because they are filed away but your file cabinet is full so the newer meetings and faces no longer get filed. Now all the new ones are placed in the in box but never filed away. Don't let it bother you..!! My problem is I can remember their bikes, the work I did on it but not them..
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

You guys rock!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CMA Cowboy View Post
    Can totally relate. I have a pin for my vest that says "Don't remember your name either but still glad to see you".
    I remember your name, your Pinky's Husband!
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Putting faces to names

I know a bit of us newbies will have our moment putting faces on names and so forth. The only way we know each other is by photo galleries, avatars, and signature pics. For those who I chatted with, here and Facebook know me by being chased by a GIANT spider or a gorilla leaning against a pearl white RT. Like the title for Spyderfest this year "A new adventure" it will be for many of us who have not been to previous events.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I know the feeling

It's the warm friendly smile that is most important. Looks like you did not have a sales job.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Add one more to the list that can't remember names or hear well. Age, outboard motors and shooting have helped to get rid of the hearing and as for the name memory, never could remember names more than a few minutes or so after hearing them. Faces I never forget, just can't put names with them. Meet people I worked with for 25 - 30 years before retiring and know their faces but for the life of me can't remember their names.