Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone who has ever used their BEST Extended Warranty- please respond here!

Inspired by this thread: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Really-Needed

Has anyone here ever used their BEST Extended Warranty, for anything? I'm not talking the standard BRP 2-year warranty, but the extended warranty you purchase above and beyond it.

I'm coming up on two years ownership so I'll be in my extended phase here soon enough. When I bought the Spyder I bought the three extra warranty years on top of the two from the factory without much thought, but ever since then, I've wondered whether the (expensive) purchase made sense. Especially since I can't recall ever hearing anyone using the dang thing, i.e. I'm not entirely sure the extended warranty even really covers much once it comes down to it.

I know that most of us reflexively recommend buying the extended warranty on the Spyder simply because on paper it *theoretically* makes sense-- new technologies, expensive vehicle, expensive repairs, etc.-- but by now I figure we'd start hearing more practical examples of the extended warranty being put to good use.

So... fess up here... anyone get any value out of the BEST Extended Warranty? Or has anyone found it less than useful?

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Nancy's just expired. We never made a claim. Still, it was worth the peace of mind. A throttle body, ECM, or cluster repair can easily cost more than the price of the BEST. Every owner makes his own choice on this one. If we really knoew the right answer, we'd be playing the slots in Vegas and making a fortune.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Best

Yes I did. And i was very please with it. Do not buy the Spyder without it.

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    Inspired by this thread: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Really-Needed

Has anyone here ever used their BEST Extended Warranty, for anything? I'm not talking the standard BRP 2-year warranty, but the extended warranty you purchase above and beyond it.

I'm coming up on two years ownership so I'll be in my extended phase here soon enough. When I bought the Spyder I bought the three extra warranty years on top of the two from the factory without much thought, but ever since then, I've wondered whether the (expensive) purchase made sense. Especially since I can't recall ever hearing anyone using the dang thing, i.e. I'm not entirely sure the extended warranty even really covers much once it comes down to it.

I know that most of us reflexively recommend buying the extended warranty on the Spyder simply because on paper it *theoretically* makes sense-- new technologies, expensive vehicle, expensive repairs, etc.-- but by now I figure we'd start hearing more practical examples of the extended warranty being put to good use.

So... fess up here... anyone get any value out of the BEST Extended Warranty? Or has anyone found it less than useful?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Used here for the rear shock air pump. The BEST warranty expired this past Saturday.

Spyder Garage

I purchased a pre-owned 2010 RT and it has the BEST waranty. This past year I mentioned to my dealer that the air shock thing in the rear wasn't working properly....wouldn't hold air. I should have taken it in during the original two year waranty. Under the BEST warantry it wasn't covered. OUCH! But the radio that died was. It was replaced along with the antenna, cable and iPod connector cable. Glad I have the BEST with the spyder!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    This past year I mentioned to my dealer that the air shock thing in the rear wasn't working properly....wouldn't hold air. I should have taken it in during the original two year waranty. Under the BEST warantry it wasn't covered. OUCH!
    Ouch indeed. Did they explain to you why it wasn't covered? It's not a wear item, it was obviously covered under the factory warranty, why not the extended warranty?

See, that's the kind of example I'm looking for here. We've all heard (and made) the complaints about the woeful lack of explicit detail about what, precisely, the extended warranty covers-- and more importantly, DOESN'T cover.

Spyder Garage

I used it (the BEST warranty) twice after the original 2 yr. warranty expired.

1. Bottom gasket on rear cylinder needed to be replaced.

2. The clutch basket dropped off the crankshaft on my SM5. That was a little scary (clutch lever not operational) being in 65 mph traffic, knowing you need to pull over before the spyder stalls.

The first problem wasn't caused by a lack of quality control; I know what happened there. The 2nd problem was a quality/personnel issue.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have it on both 's and my previous 2010. I learned a few years ago (and going with Scotty's statement) that it is a gamble that it either pays or it doesn't. We bought a pre-owned Nissan Pathfinder and got the extended warranty thru Nissan's certified pre-owned program. Although it was reliable, the 6 CD player went out, the windows stopped working and had a few other issues that were covered thru the extended warranty. As I have learned that the 's don't have a 5 year warranty like most cars (which the is not), by doing my research I thought it would be best to get it. I rather pay a few extra $$ now than pay a load in the end.