Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Default ATTENTION: New Activity at Spyderfest this Year!

Spyderfest Group Meet-Ups on Wednesday Night!

With expectations of well over 1000 people in attendance, Spyderfest the New Adventure promises to be quite the showing of Spyder riders from all over North America. What can sometimes be difficult then, is meeting up with folks from your neck of the woods that you didn’t even know were there. Or maybe folks with just similar interests.

So we now have an opportunity at Spyderfest to have FREE state, club or group booths set up on Wednesday night’s Kickoff Party at Finley River Park. No vendor booth fee. Nothing to maintain all week. Just one night to set up and have a place to meet your neighbors.

Girls on Spyders (a Facebook group with over 500 ladies) is organizing Wednesday night’s Group Meet-ups. We’ll have a booth so women riders and back-seat riders can meet each other prior to the Ladies Ride the next morning.

Here’s what you need to know:

1. Tables and chairs will be provided to be set up all along the way to and by the river. If you wanted to get extra nice, you can also bring a pop-up tent of any kind if someone in your group is trailering or bringing a camper. Be as simple or extravagant as you want. Have a banner or a sign telling everyone who your group is.
    2. Power will be available at spots all along the way so you can have music, lights, or whatever else may require electricity.
    3. This is your chance to show off your state, club or group. You can have giveaways like snacks or food, offer a doorprize drawing, give away brochures, buttons, decals, etc. Or just set up a table where people can find each other. Anything you want to promote your area or group and be hospitable.
    4. To sign up, just reply to this post and let us know you want to reserve a spot. Then be set up at the park a little before 6:00pm before the Kick-off festivities begin. Spaces will be on a first come-first served basis, but you can see from the pics below all the spots look good.

Deadline to sign up is April, 19th, the Friday before Spyderfest begins so we know how many tables and chairs to plan for.

We think this will be a great way for a big, growing event to feel a little more homey, especially for those who may not be frequent posters on Spyderlovers or otherwise actively involved in the Spyder community.

So...who's in?! Sign
    up your state or riding group by posting a reply.

1. SRA - Tennessee Valley
    2. Arkansas
    3. New Jersey
    4. Spyder Ryders of North Texas
    5. Girls on Spyders
    6. Texas (no club affiliation)
    7. SRA - Old Dominion and VA Spyders to Spyderfest 2013 riding group
    8. Kansas
    9. Ohio Spyder Ryders, Indiana Spyder Ryders, Michigan Spyder Ryders, Pennsylvania Spyder Ryders (one table)
    10. SpyderLovers School
    11. SRA - Inland Empire (CA)
    12. Minnesota
    13. SRA - San Francisco Bay Area and Sacramento chapters
    14. Kansas City Spyder Ryders

Finley Park overview.jpg

Finley Park streetview.jpg

Last edited by FaranH; 04-20-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tennessee Valley is Representing! Come see us!

Thanks Faran!!

Spyder Garage

Default ATTENTION: New Activity at Spyderfest this Year!

Arkansas will have a table setup also

Cruzr Joe

Sheila

Handyluke

Kathy

Come on Arkies add your name to the list.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Faran/others, I do believe Len said they could ship items to Pitbull Powersports so long as it is labeled. Things like pop-ups, etc. Whatever they can't bring on the bikes.

SpyderLady

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by FaranH View Post

With expectations of well over 1000 people in attendance, Spyderfest the New Adventure promises to be quite the showing of Spyder riders from all over North America. What can sometimes be difficult then, is meeting up with folks from your neck of the woods that you didn’t even know were there. Or maybe folks with just similar interests.

So we now have an opportunity at Spyderfest to have FREE state, club or group booths set up on Wednesday night’s Kickoff Party at Finley River Park. No vendor booth fee. Nothing to maintain all week. Just one night to set up and have a place to meet your neighbors.

Girls on Spyders (a Facebook group with over 500 ladies) is organizing Wednesday night’s Group Meet-ups. We’ll have a booth so women riders and back-seat riders can meet each other prior to the Ladies Ride the next morning.

1. Tables and chairs will be provided to be set up all along the way to and by the river. If you wanted to get extra nice, you can also bring a pop-up tent of any kind if someone in your group is trailering or bringing a camper. Be as simple or extravagant as you want. Have a banner or a sign telling everyone who your group is.
    2. Power will be available at spots all along the way so you can have music, lights, or whatever else may require electricity.
    3. This is your chance to show off your state, club or group. You can have giveaways like snacks or food, offer a doorprize drawing, give away brochures, buttons, decals, etc. Or just set up a table where people can find each other. Anything you want to promote your area or group and be hospitable.
    4. To sign up, just reply to this post and let us know you want to reserve a spot. Then be set up at the park a little before 6:00pm before the Kick-off festivities begin. Spaces will be on a first come-first served basis, but you can see from the pics below all the spots look good.

Deadline to sign up is April, 19th, the Friday before Spyderfest begins so we know how many tables and chairs to plan for.

We think this will be a great way for a big, growing event to feel a little more homey, especially for those who may not be frequent posters on Spyderlovers or otherwise actively involved in the Spyder community.

So...who's in?! Sign

Finley Park overview.jpg

Thanks Faran for heading this up! I believe this will grow into one of my favorite events at Spyderfest! Having the girls on Spyders to support and run this event is a huge blessing and looking forward to the creativeness of all the groups!

pitbull

So...who's in?! Sign

Finley Park overview.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    Thanks Faran for heading this up! I believe this will grow into one of my favorite events at Spyderfest! Having the girls on Spyders to support and run this event is a huge blessing and looking forward to the creativeness of all the groups!

Nice red arrows on the pic there miss Faran...... The walking trail is right along there river..... Your pointing to all the spyder parking area lol.... That's where I'll be!

Spyder Garage

Nice red arrows on the pic there miss Faran...... The walking trail is right along there river..... Your pointing to all the spyder parking area lol.... That's where I'll be!
    Dang it! I knew I should have checked with you before I added the arrows. Oh well, you get the idea!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    Faran/others, I do believe Len said they could ship items to Pitbull Powersports so long as it is labeled. Things like pop-ups, etc. Whatever they can't bring on the bikes.
    Thanks, Linda. That'll make it easy in case anyone wants to jazz up their table/booth a bit.

I also just want to make sure people know they don't have to do to anything fancy at all. Just a table with your state or group name and some friendly faces is enough.

Just an example...At last year's Spyderfest there was an Arkansas rider with a Razorback-themed RT parked right out front and I try as I might, I never did meet him/her. This year it'll be great to just "meet at the river" on Wednesday and look for your state/area riders.

pitbull

Only 1inch further to the left......

Spyder Garage

Only 1inch further to the left......

OK - here's the aerial photo with the now revised arrows pointing to the actual location of the area we'll set up in!

Finley Park overview.jpg

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Great idea Faran. Makes it a lot easier this way instead of someone trying to hunt down a certain person at the event. It would also give a group of people the chance to start a Chapter/group in their own area.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joet82 View Post
    Great idea Faran. Makes it a lot easier this way instead of someone trying to hunt down a certain person at the event. It would also give a group of people the chance to start a Chapter/group in their own area.
    Well, it was Len's idea not mine. And I love it for all the reasons you said! I just told him I'd help with a little organization on it. Think you guys in the Pacific Northwest might put a table together?

Spyder Garage

I am in northeast convoy
    10 chairs
    Xm Radio, BRP CB, Top block off plate, Lazard LED, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne View Post
    I am in northeast convoy
    Do you want me to put you on the list for having a table on Wednesday night? New Jersey? Or just Northeast / New England States? Let me know!

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=FaranH;599655]Do you want me to put you on the list for having a table on Wednesday night? New Jersey? Or just Northeast / New England States? Let me know! [/QUOTE

New Jersey good thank you. 10 chairs
    FaranH you are on it.
    Xm Radio, BRP CB, Top block off plate, Lazard LED, Utopia backrest

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: ATTENTION: New Activity at Spyderfest this Year!

What a great idea! Spyder Ryders of North Texas will be there. Look forward to meeting everyone and finding more ryders from our area.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SllimG View Post
    What a great idea! Spyder Ryders of North Texas will be there. Look forward to meeting everyone and finding more ryders from our area.
    Allright, North Texas! Looking forward to seeing y'all there!

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Sign Texas (non-affiliation) up for a booth and I think it would be good if we were next to North Texas and any other organized groups from Texas...just line us all up together....Great way to meet people
    Last edited by flamingobabe; 04-03-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Spyder Garage

This event just keeps getting better thanks to help from you all

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are a few of us from central Kansas, an active group in Wichita and a Kansas City group, who were kind enough to include me as a member (though I think they consider themselves part of Missouri). So I'll be there for a Kansas table if anyone wants to join me.

Can you set us up next to KC Spyder Ryders or Missouri?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    There are a few of us from central Kansas, an active group in Wichita and a Kansas City group, who were kind enough to include me as a member (though I think they consider themselves part of Missouri). So I'll be there for a Kansas table if anyone wants to join me.

Can you set us up next to Mo?
    I've got you on the list. And honestly, I'm not sure MO is gonna have a booth. Almost all those guys are working the event, but maybe some non-MOGang members will chime in. If so, I'll do my best to get you guys next to each other. It's probably just going to be on a first-come first-served-pick-your-spot basis this year.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got you on the list. And honestly, I'm not sure MO is gonna have a booth. Almost all those guys are working the event, but maybe some non-MOGang members will chime in. If so, I'll do my best to get you guys next to each other. It's probably just going to be on a first-come first-served-pick-your-spot basis this year.
    The only reason I asked is that I'm not really affiliated with any Kansas group, but the KC group has included me in theirs. If no other Kansas ryders show up, I'll prolly join them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    The only reason I asked is that I'm not really affiliated with any Kansas group, but the KC group has included me in theirs. If no other Kansas ryders show up, I'll prolly join them.
    No problem. If the Kansas City group signs up separately, you can still have a Kansas booth for the rest of the state and we'll just make sure you guys are close together. It'll all be good one way or another!

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

with all this being said and organized i came up with a thought of who would like to have a raised white "state" applied to there tires.the cost for both tires would be under 20.00 and i could have them for spyderfest but i need a solid comittment as i have to get these in qty's of 8 of ea.state.anyone interested?

jim

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well, sign Ohio up for a table! Know there will be four of us at it at least! LOL!!! Waiting to hear back from other Ohio attendees.

Michele