Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cell Phone

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Cell Phone

Any feed back would be appeared trying to find out the preferred cell phone?

iPhone
    or
    Droid

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default choices, choices

My choice is the Samsung Galaxy. But that's me my wife and daughter have I Phones. No help at all..
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

IMO I would go with the iPhone.

RodMyers

Droid. more expandable.

arntufun

I phone here as well.

IMO both phones are good, but people forget it's not the phone that matters. It's the carriers coverage.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sitting here with an iPhone and Droid...iPhone by far.

Spyder Garage

Droid.
    I have the Galaxy Note2.
    It's called a Phablet because the screen is so large, its a cross between a phone and a tablet.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

With arntufun. Carrier and coverage is key. I have Galaxy S3 and love it. IPhone users appear to love theirs too. Droid may be a bit more customizable, Apple products are so intuitive. Can't go wrong with either.
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Cell Phone

How technical are you? Do you like to customize every aspect of your phone? Is your music organized in anything but iTunes? Go with a droid, preferably a Samsung Galaxy, or a Nexus variety, because your upgrades come from the carrier and most other brands and models quickly get abandoned and the phone becomes unstable.

If your not terribly technical, could care less about customizations, have your music organized in iTunes or have other Apple products, then no contest. Go with the iPhone. You'll be way happier. IPhone updates also come from Apple, so you are not depending on the carrier to bless an update, before you can have it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

I have an Iphone with AT&T coverage and never without cell service, from Arkansas to Vegas or wherever

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I have an IPhone and love it because everything syncs with my iPad, iMac, and MacBook. Lots of people love the droids. I think all are good, just depends on what other devices you have.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

You can't go wrong with the Note 2. I hear Sams club is selling them for $106 out the door with a contract.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

it really doesn't matter what you get. you can sync anything with anything. I have a droid and have all my music on my mac and Ipad and also on my droid no problem. for email I just use gmail no problem to use on the mac. most iphone users just want to make it harder than it has to be.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have an Iphone, no experience with Droid. Also have an Ipod and music on Itunes.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Should be a poll on this thread. iPhone IMO is much better than Android devices.. Just my $.02

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wife has a HTC One V and I have a Galaxy S2 and like it. You're going to hear people claim one or the other is better. From an I.T. standpoint, I like the iPhone because it is a closed system. Android has so much fragmentation and manufacturers love to put their own flavor the Android operating system. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

I opted for the Galaxy because through work it was free. I didn't want to pay for an iPhone. If I had the money, I'd probably throw it at the iPhone. Having to integrate Android and iOS phones at work into our network and Exchange server, I've had less problems initially and over the long-haul with iPhones--and I'm saying this as a person that really likes my Galaxy. iPhones will also get more support from iOS upgrades than a typical Android. My old Motorola was stuck at 2.3 never to see an upgrade. Many carrier and manufacturers find it too expensive to roll out and OS upgrade to a phones--especially a phone that is only $100 or free on contract. You'll get more life out of an iPhone in terms of OS updates because you aren't relying on the carrier to push them out.

Additionally, I'd only go for a 4G phone. My wife's is 3G and mine is 4G LTE. It's painful how slow her's is. So if you get an iPhone, spring for the 5 or wait for the 5s to come out and get the 5 cheaper.

Spyder Garage

Default Another Choice

Why not a new Blackberry Z10. I have had mine for almost 2 months and it great. Good fast browser. Hub puts all your messages from multiple email addresses, text messages, facebook, linkedin and a bunch of other services all on one screen without opening an app for each one. The predictive keyboard works really well it learns the common words you use and you just flick them up on the screen. It can run up to 8 apps at once, (try that with an Iphone). There are not as many apps available. Only 100,000 at last count.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

if you go with a droid you may want to wait for the X phone coming this summer it is a google phone(google now owns Motorola). It will be vanilla android menaing tha tit willnot be sold by a particular carrier but you will get it straight from google (the inventor of the Android operating system) and you will just take it to your carrier (At&t, verizon etc.) and get it activated. also the phone is only going to cost abut $150 US and is going to be gauranteed one upgrade after purchase.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's like Spyder RS vs RT. Or another oil thread.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Most will try to justify their purchase. I've had both and I say, avoid the droid!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder Smyles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have had several DROIDS and now I have an IPHONE. To me the IPHONE is more user friendly and easier to synch with my IPAD and ITouch. It is also easier to coordinate/Synch calendars with my husband so we can now use one calendar that updates from any of our apple products.
    CURRENT: 2015 Yellow RT-S SE6 "Smiling All the Way"
    CB, Satelite Radio, BRP Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Handwings, Cup Holder, EZ Pass Holder, Side Saddle Cargo Nets, Smiley Face FLO, Smiley Flower Face Decals, Tri Axel Handlebar's, Corbin Heated Seat, Baker Built Upper/Lower Air Wings, BumpSkid, High Third Brake/Running Light, Brake/Running Light/Turn Signal License Plate, Turn Signals in Mirrors.

PAST: 2013 Yellow RT-S SE5 - Loaded with lots of goodies.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I personaly like the Samsung Gallaxy Nexus, but that is because I purchased as new to the market, and loved that it didn't limit me to Verizon bloat ware, and capability limitations. With that said I usually keep a phone for at least 4 years. The Nice to have features when new become the un-used features in time. I have a phone that I talk on, and apps for the things I really use after the wow factor wears off. I use calculator, Chrome for web search, camera that takes good pictures, and Carhome for my GPS when traveling for work. Other than that it is all impressions of what you use it for. I do not text, tweet, facebook ext. So do not care about all the workings of these features. I spend what is the best deal with the carrier to get the best phone for the price and data package.
    You really can't take others opinions on a purchase like this, think of what you use it for, and after the wow factor wears off what will it really be used for. This is my second android smart phone and I still like it.
    You will mostlikely love either smart phone.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I guess no one likes icecream sandwich for me its the HTC EVO 4 g LTE with sprintm.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mcaccamise View Post
    I guess no one likes icecream sandwich for me its the HTC EVO 4 g LTE with sprintm.
    Had Icecream Sandwiches for about a year and a half, now they gave me Jelly Beans and I no longer prefer Icecream sandwiches.
    I stay with Android just to see what the next Operating system will be nambed

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default apple

always had a smartphone of some kind cause i needed it but none of them were really designed for users as such, more so fore IT Gourmans
    next thing Apple came up with iPhone, saw advert, realised that its perfectly designed for idiots - users, got it and never looked back, found it so simple and useful that i became an Apple addict/user, Apple makes it - i have it, and they ( gadgets ) all work the same way and in perfect symbiosis between each other, no hassle.
    Comparison with Android?
    I know 3 people with Samsungs and Nokia and they're all women, all the rest bites an Apple
    Since you are American, you should support your own, especially since there is nothing better out there