Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

You finding its vaporware bud??

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Rando lets not count them out yet this might become a verry real machine that warrents second looks from the in betweeners that are afraid of bikes and are looking for a thrifty enclosed sport trike.
    Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    From the limited amount of information available; I couldn't tell what format seating it offered...
    Solo? Side by side? conventional bike-style?
    Conventional bike seating. Fold down rear seat.

http://www.eliomotors.com/videos/

But me thinks, me wait.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wonder how they can build it for only $7000 when the Stallion Trike is $35000 and all open, it look cool but as many have said wait till you can see one and kick the tires.

Spyder Garage

Like everyone, I think it's a great idea. But the price is less than a Rolex watch.

The Smart is around $16K.

I hope it works out. Just think of all the extra toys I could fit in the garage.........................
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Where did you see that other than the comment on the youtube video? It's not on their webpage that I can find.
    From the Elio web site:Power in Numbers

An inline, 3 cylinder, 1 liter, 70 HP, fuel-injected, DOHC gas-powered, liquid-cooled, automotive engine.

Spyder Garage

Too good to be true, I'll wait till for them to show me since I am originally for MO, the show me state!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Only time will allow this story to unfold...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With the cost of a engine/transmission/front wheel drive unit the price seems very low. I would really like to see how they arrive at a five star safety rating. Not much for side impact safety.
    But then I am to old to plan (think ?) that far ahead.
    Oldmanzues

Spyder Garage

Default Another same old same old to add to the bunch

These things are breeding like rabbits and none of them distinguish themselves much one from the other function wise.

I'll be glad to develop something to give these a hiding.

Anyway heres this one

http://www.innovative-mobility.com/en/

Spyder Garage

Glad some others came across this online as well.

I sure hope more things like this can really come to market... it's really what we need here in the USA. The target price does appear too low to be a profit maker. I think they'd sell just as well if they said they were $8,800.

I would seriously consider one of these. Heck... I wouldn't mind buying one sans motor and making an all-electric version out of it!

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Default This has more potential!

This is definitely something I'd be far more interested in if I was going down that path.

At least it has the height in this concept to see through the traffic to check for upcoming issues and although its not exactly what I could/would make its seems like a good place to start from.

neos-motorbike-and-modular-sidecar-system-enhances-future-transportation-efficiency1.jpgneos-motorbike-and-modular-sidecar-system-enhances-future-transportation-efficiency2.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I would seriously consider one of these. Heck... I wouldn't mind buying one sans motor and making an all-electric version out of it!
    ELECTRIC???

Spyder Garage

What's wrong with electric bro? It's the future and there's plenty of it being thrown at us every day from that big glowing ball above. Vehicles like the Volt are paving the way to the future of car technology.

If computer technology had grown at the snails pace of the internal combustion powered automobiles... you'd be lucky to own a Timex Sinclair personal computer for $10K......

Seriously though.... I find it just nuts that we're using the same 'fire moving a piston' technology of 120 years ago for most modes of transportation. If we had spent a few trillion on battery technology instead of wasting it in other moronic ways (don't get me started!)... you'd have an electric car today that could go 1,000 miles on a charge that would only take 30 minutes to charge and you could do it at your local 'gas' station.

That's the future I want to live in... where we have mostly electric vehicles on the roads and the smog creating gas guzzlers are a thing of the past.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    From the limited amount of information available; I couldn't tell what format seating it offered...
    Solo? Side by side? conventional bike-style?
    it's gotta be front seat and a rear seat as it appears the steering wheel is centered!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

That is so coooooool! I would definitely buy one

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    Am I the only idiot on this forum that put down a deposit?
    how much were they asking for if I can be so presumptuous?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Farmbanker View Post
    Some of the promo rings with some of the too good to be true elements we have seen before. I would like it to be legit but will sit back and see what develops. 5 star safety rating I HIGHLY doubt....
    X 2... anybody catch this part? It is classified as a motorcycle due to the three wheels, but we all know there is only two states that do not require an M1 or endorsement. I do like them thought, and will wait and see too.

From their site in the faq section:

Q. Is Elio a car or a motorcycle?

According to the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) “Motorcycle” means a motor vehicle with motive power having a seat or saddle for the use of the rider and designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground.” So if it is less than four wheels it is a motorcycle. But what do you see when you look at the Elio? Fully enclosed, power windows, wiper blades, steering wheel, gas and brake pedals … you be the judge.

Q. Can I drive this with my existing license?

Most states do not require a motorcycle license to operate the vehicle, a regular driver’s license is usually enough. Check with your local Department of Motor Vehicles to be sure.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

What's wrong with electric bro? It's the future and there's plenty of it being thrown at us every day from that big glowing ball above. Vehicles like the Volt are paving the way to the future of car technology.

If computer technology had grown at the snails pace of the internal combustion powered automobiles... you'd be lucky to own a Timex Sinclair personal computer for $10K......

Seriously though.... I find it just nuts that we're using the same 'fire moving a piston' technology of 120 years ago for most modes of transportation. If we had spent a few trillion on battery technology instead of wasting it in other moronic ways (don't get me started!)... you'd have an electric car today that could go 1,000 miles on a charge that would only take 30 minutes to charge and you could do it at your local 'gas' station.

That's the future I want to live in... where we have mostly electric vehicles on the roads and the smog creating gas guzzlers are a thing of the past.
    I hope your vision comes true, but there will have to be a MAJOR breakthrough in battery technology. Today, the range and charging time of the Volt and Leaf limit them to the role of a commuter and little else. Today's value proposition only suits the Green community.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I hope your vision comes true, but there will have to be a MAJOR breakthrough in battery technology. Today, the range and charging time of the Volt and Leaf limit them to the role of a commuter and little else. Today's value proposition only suits the Green community.
    Don't be too sure of that. For instance, what if there were a way to bury power cables in a highway such that cars could pick up power by way of magnetic induction as they travel along the road.
    The cars could be like full size slot cars, just using their onboard batteries to get to and from your house to the main highways.

Just a thought.
    In the short term, I think fracking will make natural gas the fuel of choice.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Stretching..!!

Looks like a stretch to me..the price may be FOB, the mpg's seem high for a triple anything, and the info is not very complete. Time will tell have not seen any eval's yet either... Just thinking out loud...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Current powerplant capacity can barely keep up with the current demand...
    My gut (intrained as it is...) tells me that hydrogen fuel cells may be the future.
    But the; I still love the smell of a two-stroke that's burning castor bean oil...
    It smells like victory!

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Then what excuse do we use to start a war, Can't use the domino theory again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Then what excuse do we use to start a war, Can't use the domino theory again.
    We can invade and go after their solar power!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Actually the Volt has no limit on how far you can drive as it has a built-in generator. The first 40 miles are from the battery that has been charged at your home. After that the engine kicks on to supply electricity to the electric drive train.

This is how locomotive engines have worked for at least 60 years... they have huge diesel generators that power electric drive motors-- that's how they get so much torque.