Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Yep, the laws in GA are the same. But now they are trying to screw things up at the capitol.

I have three carry permits because GA doesn't have reciprocity in all the states I travel. UT and FL permits make up the difference. If I can't carry in a state, I don't go there with the exception of NV where Front Sight is located.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I've been shooting quite a bit lately and this weekend we take our concealed carry class. I'm excited about it. I am going to qualify for both the revolver and semi automatic and I'll take the Utah and Nevada courses. That also qualifies us for the Florida permit.

Lookout this old broad is packing heat!
    Congratulations!

I have had my CCW in MN for 10 years. Matter of fact it is time for my renew again. BH and I were in IPSC/USPSA for 8 years.

Take your time in choosing your carry gun. I have 3 for different circumstances and the time of the year.

Again, congratulations!
    BabyBlue

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

In Michigan, no restrictions on which handgun, revolver or semi.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dustybell View Post
    Good for you!! My husband and I got our permits in a couple of weeks ago. My big problem is finding the right holster. My normal winter wear is no problem. Summer time is a different story.

Leslie
    We get our holsters from Alessi. Long wait, but worth it.
    BabyBlue

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

I too have my CHL. I took the coarse with my SA so I can carry SA or revolver...no idea why it matters. It has become a part of me. Everyone remember to continue practicing after you get the license.

I feel safer and very glad I have this.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Excellent and glad your taking the class. In the "old" days one had to go looking for trouble. In today's work, trouble looks for an opportunity to exploit us.

My wife and I both have ours. I wanted her to get one even if she doesn't carry, I can leave the gun with her and she won't get arrested. Having her arrested wouldn't be the worse part. It would be after bail is posted!

Spyder Garage

Default I'm taking the Concealed Carry Weapons Class this weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by FaranH View Post
    Now, Joe, it just might hurt my feelings if you stopped giving me a hard time. And you wouldn't want me to cry and not be able to sight in my target, now would you?!
    Uh-oh this is the true meaning of a dilema.

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Texas Tan Line.jpg The famed "Texas Tan-line"
    Leslie,
    I'll dig around a bit and see if I can get you pointed in the right direction; I've never owned a Kahr though...
    1911s: GALCO!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: I'm taking the Concealed Carry Weapons Class this weekend!!

I'm leaning toward an appendix crossbreed holster or a smart carry holster. If I was a bit more ah well a "blessed" I would absolutely go for the flash bang holster.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Missus uses a Gloria LeMaster concealed-carry handbag.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have had a conceal carry license since my military days (Uncle Sam issued it - job related) and continue today to carry. Anyone else find it strange that you have to "pay money" to exercise your 2nd Amendment right to "bear arms"? Seems like that in and of itself is an "infringement". But no one argues that the poor, who may not be able to afford the licensing fee or class, are being denied their right to "bear arms". The reason I, a certified instructor, instruct for free.

Final thought, our Founding Fathers gave each of us the right to own a firearm (and possibly carry) and was found by our courts to be protected under the 2nd Amendment. Anyone know where in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights the right to vote is found?

End of rant.....

-Mike
    <Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk>

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We're not getting Political yet; are we??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I sure hope not.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Me too! I'm already weak from all of the deleted posts...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thankfully I haven't had to pull mine yet and I hope i never have to. I had a small incident in the local Target parking lot last year and all I did was pull my coat back and the guy changed his mind real quick.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Didn't Danny DeVito describe lawyers as being a lot like nuclear bombs in the move, "Other People's Money"?
    "They're handy to have if you really need them; but they sure do muck up the landscape."
    I think that firearms can also be lumped into that description.

Spyder Garage

I've had mine since 2000,It's hard to roll the windows up and lock the doors on my spyder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Frunk, or Top Trunk; they lock up pretty solid.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    We're not getting Political yet; are we??
    I won't mention 'Remington, Winchester, Ruger ,Savage etc.' AA-12 Automatic Shotgun should probably be on my not to mention list also.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Thankfully I haven't had to pull mine yet and I hope i never have to. I had a small incident in the local Target parking lot last year and all I did was pull my coat back and the guy changed his mind real quick.
    You have to be careful doing this. Some state laws may consider doing just that as being legally defined as "brandishing a firearm" and now you're in trouble with the law and its attorneys. These people do not look at the facts that your doing so ("non-lethal") did in-fact end the possible escalation of the situation which may have resulted in a shooting incident ("lethal").
    Common Sense has been replaced by Legal Doctrine.

-Mike

Spyder Garage

Default NRA

I am real happy to see all of you going out to take the cc course. Carrying a weapon is an awesome responsibility not to be taken lightly. I found a few resources, like the NRA, and concealed carry magazine to be very educational. I would also urge you to get involved in protecting your rights as a gun owner and responsible citizen. Happy shooting!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderFun View Post
    You have to be careful doing this. Some state laws may consider doing just that as being legally defined as "brandishing a firearm" and now you're in trouble with the law and its attorneys. These people do not look at the facts that your doing so ("non-lethal") did in-fact end the possible escalation of the situation which may have resulted in a shooting incident ("lethal").
    Common Sense has been replaced by Legal Doctrine.
    True... But if you have a valid reason to fear for your life or well-being; you're pretty much good to go...

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

NYC, Is going to allow concealed weapons, .......
    As soon as they Outlaw the Stop and search policy.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcdurango View Post
    Just got my permit to carry, Indiana has no class. So guess I'm good to go. Funny thing is day after I get a gun someone steals something off the house. Go figure?
    It won't be funny if you killed somebody accidentally.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderFun View Post
    I have had a conceal carry license since my military days (Uncle Sam issued it - job related) and continue today to carry. Anyone else find it strange that you have to "pay money" to exercise your 2nd Amendment right to "bear arms"? Seems like that in and of itself is an "infringement". But no one argues that the poor, who may not be able to afford the licensing fee or class, are being denied their right to "bear arms". The reason I, a certified instructor, instruct for free.

Final thought, our Founding Fathers gave each of us the right to own a firearm (and possibly carry) and was found by our courts to be protected under the 2nd Amendment. Anyone know where in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights the right to vote is found?

End of rant.....

-Mike
    Here in NC we are an open carry state. No permit is needed to open carry. You do have to get a permit to buy. It is only $5. And that is a sheriff fee for a background check. I have also held classes for free in some cases. Depending on the situation of the particular individual.