Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas Cap

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Received my gas cap today...it's installed and ready to ryde tomorrow!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Also got mine today and it is installed...

Spyder Garage

I got four gas caps today. Two for my current ,s and two for the ones not in my possession. I know where they are so will forward the caps to the right parties.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I got four gas caps today. Two for my current ,s and two for the ones not in my possession. I know where they are so will forward the caps to the right parties.
    Now that is just wrong! Can't convince me that the folks in AK are enjoying ryding weather while folks in VA are not. Rode yesterday with temps in the low 30s but at least no snow on the ground.

Anyone in VA received their new gas cap yet?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post
    Anyone in VA received their new gas cap yet?
    I have not received my gas cap
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Five below zero here this morning; no heat in the house or the truck... This day just ain't starting out in the best possible manner!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Restless Member
    Spyder Garage

Default GOTTER!!!!

Got my revised gas cap !!! Wished they would of sent some warm air with it, so I could try it out BRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default New Gas Cap

Got my new gas cap this morning, i have a auto transporter coming to get my spyder to take it to the dealer so he can install the new gas cap, dealer said it may take two to the three weeks for the complete install, cost around the $800.00 range and i have to promise not to tell any one that he is sneaking me in ahead of 4 others just so that my gas cap will be installed before spyderfest, you gotta love a dealer that takes good care of you.

PITBULL, Please get your shop open soon, WE need you.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

I mailed my cap this morning to BOB D.,
    I was thinking of hanging on to it, Just in case i lose the Radiator cap on my Tri-Glide, Looks like an exact fit for the radiator.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm still waiting. I think priority in sending the gas cap depend on alphanumeric avatar name, or last names, weather, est,ct, pc time zones. I don't need it yet anyway coz she don't smell gas.She's always empty coz I ride her all the timeand top her off afterward.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Called BRP in regards to gas cap. Spoke with Alex and asked him why caps are being received by folks in MA, NJ, NH, and even AK and not folks in VA. He said plan was to mail them out starting with owners in warmer locals and then working North. Again I explained that folks living farther North than VA have received caps and yet no one in VA has received a cap. He couldn't explain that strange phenomenon. He did verify my name and address once I gave him my VIN. He said I would be receiving a cap. I guess there really isn't any rhyme or reason for how BRP is mailing out caps.

Bottom line is my dealer is mailing me the new cap today. I'll give the cap I receive from BRP to my dealer to replenish his stock...guess I should say IF I receive a cap from BRP...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Geeees SpyRyd, I got mine two weeks ago.

Spyder Garage

Default ROF LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by jerpinoy View Post
    I'm still waiting. I think priority in sending the gas cap depend on alphanumeric avatar name, or last names, weather, est,ct, pc time zones. I don't need it yet anyway coz she don't smell gas.She's always empty coz I ride her all the timeand top her off afterward.
    actually i'm quite miffed, , and my feelings are a little hurt, and i'm a little dissapointed, and sad and depressed that i haven't gotten mine yet. i just don't get it. maybe it went to the previous owner, Mr. Spiderskull sticker.
    Last edited by coz; 01-23-2013 at 06:59 PM.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I got my first one last Wednesday, and the second one on Saturday.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Got my new gas cap this morning, i have a auto transporter coming to get my spyder to take it to the dealer so he can install the new gas cap, dealer said it may take two to the three weeks for the complete install, cost around the $800.00 range and i have to promise not to tell any one that he is sneaking me in ahead of 4 others just so that my gas cap will be installed before spyderfest, you gotta love a dealer that takes good care of you.

PITBULL, Please get your shop open soon, WE need you.

Cruzr Joe
    Joe please let me have the name and address of your dealer who installed your new gas cap.I sent my Spyder down to my dealer and would you know they installed it totally incorrectly.
    I can appreciate this as the install instructions are really difficult to understand.
    I am really getting into a terrible panic over this as I to am going to Spyderfest and simply cannot travel with a badly installed gas cap.

ivor

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Geeees SpyRyd, I got mine two weeks ago.
    Bruiser,

I guess North Carolina is classified as part of the South. Virginia is "mid-Atlantic". Can't explain MA, NJ, NH, AK, etc! Kinda having fun with this since I'm not experiencing the unpleasant "gas smell" but don't want to make light of the fire threat.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yahoooo...got my new gas cap in the mail today...not from BRP...from my dealer in Chesapeake VA.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post
    Bruiser,

I guess North Carolina is classified as part of the South. Virginia is "mid-Atlantic". Can't explain MA, NJ, NH, AK, etc! Kinda having fun with this since I'm not experiencing the unpleasant "gas smell" but don't want to make light of the fire threat.
    capt Margaret says that I'm an unpleasnt gas smell. She has an alternate installation location in mind.

RT-S PE#0031
    Spyder Garage

Reminds me of Klinger mailing a Jeep home from Korea one part at a time...

Spyder Garage

I wonder what we did Before we got the New Cap?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!