Quote Originally Posted by JonahAshk View Post
hello lovers ..
Just want to share this information , today I had my first oil and filters change at the dealer in Kuwait after I run my RT to 600 miles .. The cost was shocking , I just paid KD60 , its around $213 . Does the US dealer cost the same ?
I had my first oil change last year at my dealership and it cost me $235. I asked why so much and my salesman told me they go thru the entire bike and make sure everything is up to spec"s. Funny thing is, they only took 45 minutes to do everything.

Last spring when I took my Spyder out of storage, I decided to do my own oil change. It was a bitch removing all the panels, but once that was don, changing toe oil and both filters was a snap. I also believe that the tranny filter was the one that came with the bike meaning they never changed it the first time. I can't prove it but all indications were that the cover had not been removed since the factory build. The filter also had differant markings than the replacment filters I bought from the dealer, and they were in BRP boxes.

I was in Virginia Beach last summer and I made a visit to the Spyder dealer there and asked about there policy. They include first free oil change and check-up with each new sales. It leads me to believe a lot of dealers are ripping-off all us nice folke that laid-out $30,000 just to buy the Spyder. Just the same, I love my Spyder and will continue to to my own service.

For all who don't know, BRP has replaced the side panels to make it easier to do the oil change. The dealer is suppose to replace the panels the next time you get your oil changed. I have asked my dealer for the panels as he knows I do my own oil changes, but so far I have not recived them yet.

Happy ridding to all,George