pitbull

Default Spyder Elka direct black Friday special

If your thinking elka now is the time.

Holiday Special!
    For a limited time, Spyder Elka Direct is offering you the chance to completely upgrade the suspension on your 2008-2012 Spyder RT *or RS/GS, and save a TON of money at the same time!
    From now through November 30, Spyder Elka Direct has the following specials for you.
    Stage 1+R *Special: $998 (Your total savings $300! )
    • Receive one pair of Stage 1+R front *shocks for your Spyder Roadster
    • Receive one rear Stage 1+R
    • Offer good for any Spyder model 2008-2012
    Stage 1 *Special: $894 (Your total savings $250! )
    • Receive one pair of Stage 1 front shocks for your Spyder Roadster
    • Receive one rear Stage 1+R
    • Offer good for any Spyder model 2008-2012
    Front and rear shocks will be shipped separately.
    Front shocks will arrive from in-stock inventory as long as supplies last.
    Rear shocks will be assembled and shipped directly from the Elka factory per your specifications.

These special prices do not include shipping.
    Shipping will be calculated for you at the time of checkout at www.shop.spyderelkadirect.com
    And don’t forget, if you just want to order a set of front shocks, or simply add a new rear shock, you can still enter the LAMONSTER code and receive $50 of any individual products.

The Lamonster promotion is not valid with any other promotions!
    Happy Holidays to all SpyderLovers!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It would be SSSOOOOO nice to find a set under my Christmas tree this year Santa, I've been a really, really nice gal this year...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Dear Santa..."
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Can I give you a opportunity to sell?

I've read here that there are no shortage of people who like the ride better on your shocks, but to be candid I'm rather confused when I look at the options, and don't really know what to expect from this "better" ride.

Spyder Garage

Default Best place for installation in Virginia??

I've read that it takes some expertise to install these Elka shocks and since I don't live near any authorized dealer, where should I go?
    2018 RT Limited Champagne Dark

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    Can I give you a opportunity to sell?

I've read here that there are no shortage of people who like the ride better on your shocks, but to be candid I'm rather confused when I look at the options, and don't really know what to expect from this "better" ride.
    No problem the better ride is correct, better cornering, less body roll, longer life, and more predictability of overall handling, less cross wind movement.... And last but not least very stylish! They add a tougher look to the ride
    Quote Originally Posted by mhoecker View Post
    I've read that it takes some expertise to install these Elka shocks and since I don't live near any authorized dealer, where should I go?
    there pretty simple to install the fronts take about 10 to 20 minutes and the rear less than 30 minutes. Most and motorcycle place or atv place could help you out.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RichOtto

Got a set Elkas 1+Rs yesturday put them on today what a dif. in the ride and I mean it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mhoecker View Post
    The fronts are pretty darn easy...
    Not sure about the rear boinger, but if you can get the bike in the air and support the frame and rear wheel separately; it should be easy...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Rich Otto

The rear Elka's is a little more deff. but with a floor jack and two jack stands it took me about45 mins. Rich Otto

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Is it worth the difference to get the 1+Rs? I have been looking at the Elkas for a year now and got the go ahead from my wife. . Now I can not decide which ones to get. I think I will be happy with the Stage 1s and I am not a very aggressive rider...although I do like to keep up with my harley buddies.

We ride 2 up about 50% of the time and once the STS comes out, that will go down to 1%...
    Last edited by harddrive; 11-20-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: ?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I just got the elka 1+R for the front of my RT from the Black Friday sale. I assume the rear shock will ships later? I can't wait to get them installed.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My Works shocks came pre-adjusted, and I've not had to touch them for over 5K miles….

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default No answer

I sent a PM about this two weeks ago but disappointingly, no reply. Even if the deal had expired or there was another reason, a reply would have been courteous and appreciated.

Update: I thought that the OP represented Elka but apparently this is not the case. Apologies to Elka who contacted me today. I have bought the new shocks but not at the special rate which would have been good but you can't win 'em all.
    Last edited by rollingstone; 12-01-2012 at 05:37 PM. Reason: updated info