Spyder Garage

Default She bugged out on me...

Orange screen of death the other day. Limped my baby home about 8 miles. Check engine and oil light. Added oil to the line and let her sit for a day. Still throwing out the orange screen. SIGH..... CHecked its code and pulled a PO524. Any one know what that is?

Calling for a tow sucks!

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

P0524 = Engine Oile Pressure Too Low

Usually is a bad oil pressure switch, but it can be a shorted connection or wiring...or something disastrous. If it is not making bad noises, it is probably the sensor and could be ridden to the dealer, but if you are the least bit suspicious, I'd have it towed.

Spyder Garage

pick up an oil sender and install it, only about $15.00 and not hard to instal, thats whatI did cheaper than y trailering to dealer

Spyder Garage

Thanks Scotty, I thought maybe that might be the culprit as the temp seemed normal. It was just in the other week for its scheduled service with only 200 miles on her since the servicing. I did add 2/3 quart of oil to bring it up to the full line. Gonna have some words with the tech!

Extended warranty and AAA will keep me from swearing too much tonight. Fingers crossed it isn't too serious.

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    P0524 = Engine Oile Pressure Too Low

Usually is a bad oil pressure switch, but it can be a shorted connection or wiring...or something disastrous. If it is not making bad noises, it is probably the sensor and could be ridden to the dealer, but if you are the least bit suspicious, I'd have it towed.