Thread: My apology

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up My apology

I just want to say I am sorry for posting a comment in the post about the biker rules/ education thread. Yes we all have opinions one way or the other about that just like we all do about politics and religion. That is why it is never discussed at work because the opinions go from one extreme to the other. My apology is not for having an opinion but because this is not the place for all that. That was the first time I wasn't excited about seeing what everyone was saying each day. I don't know Lamonster on a personal level but I imagine he created this site for spyder riders to show respect and love to each other. So to Lamont and all of the spyderlovers here I apologize for anything that I may have said that didn't follow the spyderlovers normal way of life which is about good times and fun rides. As I said before, you all rock!!!

Sincerely,

Grady a.k.a Laila's Dad

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

I would wager that 99.9% of the time the "sender" intends no offense. It is the "receiver" who allows themself to become offended. WE are responsible for how we feel. IMO

Chris

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default OFFENSE POSTING

I to very, very, very, rarely, in extreme cases only and never intentionally compose an offensive POST....., That being said I do seem to offend a lot of people some of the time, and some of the people a lot of the time .....So for that I also request FORGIVENESS .... I don't know why this is so but it seems to be so ????? at any rate HAPPY THANKSGIVING....AND PEACE AND LOVE TO ALL...Just try and top this BOB... MIKE

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    I would wager that 99.9% of the time the "sender" intends no offense. It is the "receiver" who allows themself to become offended. WE are responsible for how we feel.
    Grady proves that we can hold ourselves responsible for what we say. I didn't read his original post, but it's obvious to me that he meant no offense, but held himself accountable, even if no offense was taken by the receiver. Grady, aka Laila's Dad, truly is responsible for how he feels and I commend him for being so.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Grady,
    We're good...
    You've been a real good guy in here who's been nothing but supportive of others!
    I wouldn't give it a second thought... now please pass the stuffing!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

Boyfriend knocks on the door and hands girlfriend flowers that he bought. Girlfriend immediately hugs him and thanks him so much.

Boyfriend knocks on the door and hands girlfriend flowers that he bought. Girlfriend immediately throws the flowers to the ground, slaps him in the face and slams the door shut.

Same event, i.e., boyfriend (the sender) brings flowers, but different reaction from girlfriend (the reciever)

Spyder Garage

Have no idea what Thread/Post you're talking about but I think many of us stray from the reservation at times. Vary rarely on purpose or with negative intentions here on Spyderlovers.

Lamont is the door keeper and he does a great job. It's not as easy as it looks, believe me!

But it takes another step up to apologize and that is commendable. Especially in this day where it's always someone elses fault.

This is the best forum I've ever been a part of which speaks volumes for Lamont and the community of people we call Spyderlovers.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default certain topics

really can get some people worked up . i just hold my tongue occasionally untill it passes. it's all good though.
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all. have a great day
    Attached Images Attached Images
    it was fun while it lasted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Laila's Dad View Post
    I just want to say I am sorry for posting a comment in the post about the biker rules/ education thread. Yes we all have opinions one way or the other about that just like we all do about politics and religion. That is why it is never discussed at work because the opinions go from one extreme to the other. My apology is not for having an opinion but because this is not the place for all that. That was the first time I wasn't excited about seeing what everyone was saying each day. I don't know Lamonster on a personal level but I imagine he created this site for spyder riders to show respect and love to each other. So to Lamont and all of the spyderlovers here I apologize for anything that I may have said that didn't follow the spyderlovers normal way of life which is about good times and fun rides. As I said before, you all rock!!!

Sincerely,

Grady a.k.a Laila's Dad
    Grady a. k. a. Laila's Dad,
    You stated your opinion, you are entitled to it, and in one way I agree with you. Like with Coz, I just held my tongue in that thread. Lamont was correct in locking it, while the intent was good, but it went south real fast. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

I have seen no offense in anything you have said on any of the threads you have posted. Have a happy thanksgiving. Like Bob said: Please pass the stuffing.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Not a problem Bro, no harm and no need to apologize.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

..and THAT should be the final word...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default My apology

Grady, you didn't say anything that was bad. It was just a topic that pushed a lot of buttons. Even though that was not the intention.

So.. That being said.
    It's time to move on an away from it and let it go!

Hope you had a GREAT thanksgiving!
    Looking forward to some pics of that sweet baby soon.

Safe rides my friend.

Spyder Garage

If it was the post about patches and something about Texas, it was a real eye opener for me!
    I had no earthly idea those concepts even existed about the differences between 'bikers' and 'riders' of motorcycles. Someone posted a link in the replies and I did some other research. What an eye opener for me. All I can say is thanks!
    Knowing the info could save my butt some day preventing me from doing or saying something stooopid out of ignorance to the wrong person(s).

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

A lot of apologies lately,,, how come i always miss the fun threads?